skin mortally wounded

Started by Lotion, September 07, 2022, 12:48:50 PM

currently you get put in a big delay when killing mortally wounded animals which is mechanically unreasonable and something bad could happen in that delay which you shouldn't need to enter in the first place

please allow us to skin anything in critical damage zone which kills it in the process

also allow us to flay tattoos/scars off of helpless (critical, subdued, or unconsious) victims

I think the delay you incur from walking up to something to deliver a coup de grace adds tension to wilderness hunting and the game would be less full for losing it.

I support most any feature that enables players to victimize each other further.

Making combat continue until death (when mercy is off) fixes this and matches my intent as a player.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Please make the skinning command like other timed commands so people can't instaskin 1 million animals.

Quote from: Inks on September 13, 2022, 12:29:14 AM
Please make the skinning command like other timed commands so people can't instaskin 1 million animals.

This remind me of someone story where a dwarf went ninja on a whole room full of buzzard corpses but emoted in a way that made it awesome.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

People don't kill mortally wounded animals because of the delay timer, they leave 'em alive to prevent them from respawning.

Skinning should have a longer delay if anything. Bit immersion breaking to buzzsaw through half a dozen raptors in the blink of an eye.

I think I'd rather have skinning be fully rewritten.

Like, skin corpse, is used multiple times.

Each attempt getting different items, and leaving a new corpse.

First exterior stuff. Hides horns, heads whatever.

Then interiors, organs and such.

Then meats, and bones.

Rather then having it be just a really long delay.
21sters Unite!

It's the same delay as any other KILL command.  It's so the person has a chance to flee and get away while the killer is still stuck in their initial lag.

Otherwise you'd just be able to kill, run, w, kill, w, kill as the person runs away, giving no hope to the fleeing party.

Mortally wounded should eventually die, I see too many people leaving dangerous critters in this state to stop the respawn of them.  So where there is normally twenty spiders roaming around, there is really only five because the other fifteen are laying stunned or mortally wounded in the sand.  It's essentially a way to decrease the difficulty of outdoors areas and travel.

Right now a mortally wounded whatever will stay that way, forever until someone finally comes and kills it, which is counter intuitive to the term "mortally wounded".

"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: creeper386 on December 02, 2022, 02:15:34 AM
I think I'd rather have skinning be fully rewritten.

Like, skin corpse, is used multiple times.

Each attempt getting different items, and leaving a new corpse.

First exterior stuff. Hides horns, heads whatever.

Then interiors, organs and such.

Then meats, and bones.

Rather then having it be just a really long delay.

Some creatures are already like this, I believe salt worms and mekillots go through stages of skinning.

It's awesome, my hope is that they move everything to this model.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on December 02, 2022, 08:30:34 AM
I see too many people leaving dangerous critters in this state to stop the respawn of them.  So where there is normally twenty spiders roaming around, there is really only five because the other fifteen are laying stunned or mortally wounded in the sand.  It's essentially a way to decrease the difficulty of outdoors areas and travel.

Those 15 stunned/wounded spiders in the sands could just as likely be there because someone didn't want to spend 4 whole minutes waiting on kill delays for npcs they're not capable or interested in skinning.

Ideally stunned/wounded npcs would either recover or die within 3-4 in-game hours of being stunned/wounded.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Quote from: lostinspace on December 02, 2022, 05:48:01 PM
Quote from: Pariah on December 02, 2022, 08:30:34 AM
I see too many people leaving dangerous critters in this state to stop the respawn of them.  So where there is normally twenty spiders roaming around, there is really only five because the other fifteen are laying stunned or mortally wounded in the sand.  It's essentially a way to decrease the difficulty of outdoors areas and travel.

Those 15 stunned/wounded spiders in the sands could just as likely be there because someone didn't want to spend 4 whole minutes waiting on kill delays for npcs they're not capable or interested in skinning.

Ideally stunned/wounded npcs would either recover or die within 3-4 in-game hours of being stunned/wounded.
The few seconds to kill something you just spent a few minutes fighting?  That doesn't seem to hold water. I'll sit and let combat round after combat round go, but god forbid I spend four seconds waiting after I type kill spider.