Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

January 24, 2010, 02:44:04 PM #1250 Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:46:47 PM by Synthesis
Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 24, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: musashi on January 24, 2010, 05:35:30 AM
I think a good test to decide how sensative something is to talk about though ... is to ask yourself: Could a newbie player easily find this in the game without having to risk life and limb?

I this case I think that would be a yes. If you play in the north and happen to walk past a templar npc and look at the weapon they're wielding ... bam. You have found a lirapet.

I wouldn't call that IC sensative.

Yes, it is IC sensitive. There are lots of things newbies can find out easily in game, that are IC sensitive.

I didn't know what a lirapet was.

that's basically like saying you shouldn't mention bolines, carrikals, gythka staves, or chatkchas on the gdb because you didn't know what they were when you were a newbie

"A lirapet is the staff wielded by Jihaens" is something that should be put in the helpfiles.

"A lirapet is a MAGICKAL staff with SPECIAL PSIONIC ATTACK LAZERS that is wielded by Jihaens who HAVE PASSED THE TEST OF ULTIMATE MANLINESS" is something that would be IC info.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Since it's been over a year and a half:

My most epic death ever:

My 2 days played GMH hunter pc who went out grebbing for gems for the House. Lo and behold:

My dumb ass goes out. On foot. I get down to about 70 stam. A cilops saunters on into the room with me and starts attacking. I know I can't fight it, so I start to run. In coincidentally the exact direction of 2 bahamets. So eventually, I'm poisoned, exhausted, and trying to fight off 2 bahamets and a cilops. And I managed to go 3 rounds with them before my pc died.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 24, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: musashi on January 24, 2010, 05:35:30 AM
I think a good test to decide how sensative something is to talk about though ... is to ask yourself: Could a newbie player easily find this in the game without having to risk life and limb?

I this case I think that would be a yes. If you play in the north and happen to walk past a templar npc and look at the weapon they're wielding ... bam. You have found a lirapet.

I wouldn't call that IC sensative.

Yes, it is IC sensitive. There are lots of things newbies can find out easily in game, that are IC sensitive.

I didn't know what a lirapet was.

Hmm..I suppose this is one of those blurry lines about what is and what is not, IC sensitive.  Does being able to see the weapon by looking at any NPC northern templar, but not knowing it's name, cause said name to be IC sensitive?  If such is the case, then I feel that there has been a move within the past year to eliminate a good deal of IC sensitive information, or at least update it to a state where it's now "general knowledge," despite what the a Player may or may not know.

..Eh, I guess as an example, I can remember finding out for the first time that Ankhegs actually existed IG.  I remember thinking "Huh?" as a player, as I'd had no indication that said beast was actually something on Zalanthas, up until that point.  It felt like I had now become part of the group that knew a wonderful IG secret!

Then..a blurb was posted up on the general documentation, about the animal.  No more special, secret-y feeling.

IC sensitive information..it's one of those difficult areas to define, sometimes.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 24, 2010, 02:44:04 PM
"A lirapet is the staff wielded by Jihaens" is something that should be put in the helpfiles.

Maybe you should submit that to the staff and see whether they agree. If they don't, then it's IC sensitive and shouldn't be discussed on the GDB. Until they do, it still shouldn't be discussed on the GDB.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

My PC was one of a few Kadius hunters who, with the help of some hired Byn, killed a silt horror.  My HG PC took so damn long to try to skin the corpse that a long tentacle came up and dragged the body back into the sea. (I love/hate our staff so much!)

I'm sure the hunters, Byn, and Kadius family members were pissed at losing the whole point of the venture but they never got mad at my PC.  She was just -that- adorable.  ;)
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: Medena on January 24, 2010, 03:39:41 PM
My PC was one of a few Kadius hunters who, with the help of some hired Byn, killed a silt horror.  My HG PC took so damn long to try to skin the corpse that a long tentacle came up and dragged the body back into the sea. (I love/hate our staff so much!)

I'm sure the hunters, Byn, and Kadius family members were pissed at losing the whole point of the venture but they never got mad at my PC.  She was just -that- adorable.  ;)

I remember her. She was indeed that adorable. :)
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Yes.  Pissed is the right word..

I wasn't so pissed at your PC though as I was at the PC who thought it was a good idea to let your PC be the one to attempt the skin.  ;D

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

January 24, 2010, 07:24:24 PM #1257 Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 04:07:36 PM by Aaron Goulet
My PC was one of a few Kadius hunters who, with the help of some hired Byn, killed a silt horror.  My HG PC took so damn long to try to skin the corpse that a long tentacle came up and dragged the body back into the sea. (I love/hate our staff so much!)

I'm sure the hunters, Byn, and Kadius family members were pissed at losing the whole point of the venture but they never got mad at my PC.  She was just -that- adorable.  ;)

My Bynner was there for that trip.  It was awesome.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

;D ;D ;D ;D

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!! Sorry. had to say summat.

You know what I mean. Ohhhhh Yheaaaaaaa
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

February 01, 2010, 09:03:53 AM #1259 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:30:50 PM by Akaramu
Now that he is retired, after years and years of not playing, I can finally post here.

I played Zach the bard (the lissome, kohl-eyelined man) of house Fale. He never was very high profile (none of my PCs were, due to off-peak playtimes) but he was well-loved by many players, showered with player kudos, and named, I quote, "The best damn bard in the game". He achieved one thing that still puzzles me to this very day.

He had exactly as many love / sex interests, at the same time, as all of my previous female characters (9) had, added together, over their lifetimes. All of those female characters had been at least semi-longlived, with 5-18 days of accumulated playtime. One of those lovers was a noble. And, interestingly, the only two women in his life he ever truly loved he could not have. Late in his life he turned into a drunken emo because of this.

I just dug through some old logs out of nostalgy... I'm sure this is okay to post, it was years and years ago. Just a few snippets that sum him up fairly well:

Using a meek, nearly defeated tone which is just audible enough to understand the words, you sing, in sirihish:
    "Do you smell the scent of death... as the red desert drinks the northern blood..."

Calling out dramatically, the lissome, kohl-eyelined man exclaims, in sirihish:
     "To Fushian! To the rescue!"

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man glances the vibrant, jade-adorned brunette up and down as if accessing her stance, then adjusts his grip on your light wooden sparring sword.

Beckoning you forward, the vibrant, jade-adorned brunette says to you, in sirihish:
    "Come on."

You ask the vibrant, jade-adorned brunette, in sirihish:
    "Try and be gentle, mmmh?"

Amusedly, the vibrant, jade-adorned brunette says to you, in sirihish:
    "Maybe."

At your seat, you say in sirihish:
    "I might be a better man, or I might be a babbling idiot, who only comes to life in your presence. A more skilled artist, mayhaps..."

"but one with fewer friends?"

At your seat, you say in sirihish, with an undertone of bitterness:
    "Envy runs like crotch-rot among the common populace."

"A bard with few friends does a poorer job, with less birds whispering into his ear. We work with stories, and the inspiration of others."

At your seat, the noble lady says in sirihish, a soft smile curling her lips as she looks to her hand in yours:
    "You need not tell people. Nor do you need to fret over the future just now. All I want at this moment is to lay with you."

You ask the noble lady, in sirihish:
    "Will I be able to walk, my lady?"

Arching a brow curiously as she turns to face you again, the noble lady asks you, in sirihish:
    "What do you mean Zach?"

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man scratches his chin above the two hairy prongs of his goatee with a thumb, the flicker of a grin playing along his lips as he takes in every one of the noble lady's movements.

You say to the noble lady, in sirihish:
    "Well, sometimes it works like an excellent drink... leaving me too light-headed and exhausted to climh down stairs, or ladders."

Oh, and one of my favourite logs of all times... that's pure concentrated Zach. He'd ALWAYS make fun of himself.

At your table, you say in sirihish:
     "Would be bold ta claim it..."

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man winks to a grey-eyed bard from the shade of his hat.

At your table, the cherubic, silvery-eyed teen says in sirihish, dipping her chin:
     "Awight"

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man tucks your spiral-glazed goblet drum beneath his left arm, his dark lashes sinking downwards slowly.

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man begins to play a crude rhythm, his dancing palm and fingers producing a pattern of a few simple beats.

The cherubic, silvery-eyed teen's head very subtly bobs with the beat, eyes shifting between you and your drum.

A rough, coarse and not very melodic tone to his voice, you sing, in sirihish:
     "I'm a lousy bard..."

His gaze shifting towards a nearby table of gamblers, you sing, in sirihish:
     "Can not even play a card..."

Amusement flashes across the cherubic, silvery-eyed teen's face.

You sing, in sirihish:
     "I can't play any song..."

His voice accompanied by a dissonant rhythm from your spiral-glazed goblet drum, you sing, in sirihish:
     "Been a beginner too long..."

You sing, in sirihish:
     "I never heard of tha war..."

Flashing the cherubic, silvery-eyed teen a warm smile, you sing, in sirihish:
     "But the lass at mah side is a star..."

The cherubic, silvery-eyed teen rolls her eyes with a smile.

The lissome, kohl-eyelined man winces and quickly withdraws his hand from your spiral-glazed goblet drum, causing the simple melody to die down.

At your table, you say in sirihish, pursing his lips poutfully:
     "Think I broke mah finger."

At your table, the cherubic, silvery-eyed teen says in sirihish, smiling at you:
     "Ah, get off it. Ya did not. That weren't bad at all."

I was once killed by a templar's slave. On accident.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I forgot to equip a shield against three mul gladiators.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I once had a Tuluki vivaduan.... who managed to both join House Kadius 'and' have a lover in the Legions.... naturally it didn't end well.

Once I spied on Gin and Quick and a bunch of other scaries in the labyrinth, with a pickpocket, by accident.  They didn't know I was there, but my character was peeing her pants with fear.  I still don't know how they didn't find me and kill me, but let those scared newbies who aren't sure of their stealth skills take heart.  IT WORKS!  You can do it too.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I attempted to assassinate a templar, was caught, jailed, and managed to talk my way out of it.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: LauraMars on March 16, 2010, 04:37:22 AM
Once I spied on Gin and Quick and a bunch of other scaries in the labyrinth, with a pickpocket, by accident.  They didn't know I was there, but my character was peeing her pants with fear.  I still don't know how they didn't find me and kill me, but let those scared newbies who aren't sure of their stealth skills take heart.  IT WORKS!  You can do it too.

I was there, and knew you were there.  :o
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I may have written about this before, but I doubt it.

My character and several others got captured by a group of notoriously dangerous individuals.   As it has been about 3 RL years since this happened, I could post a log, but there's so much IC/sekrit/etc stuff all in it that I can't see how it'd be any good with that stuff removed. 

While interrogating my character, one of them kept cutting/dismembering/torturing another of our group in front of my character.  My character seemed agitated or confused by proceedings because they kept calling the other person my character's "mate," and to him, that meant an intimate relationship.  To buy himself time, he let them continue torturing her.  After a long bout of this, he finally caves and says something like "to be honest, she's not my mate."
Response:  "You are a waste of time."  Then a bit later, my character was called "seriously the worst motherfucking companion in a group like this I have ever seen."

One of my most favoritest moments ever!
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

i still have the log of that

oh my what a great misunderstanding and the shitstorm that followed
some of my posts are serious stuff

I remember that scene...

The one getting tortured was my character at the time.

Belated kudos to all of you who were in it.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I think Ghost's PC later told one of my PCs about that scene, and even referred to Tarx's PC as being the "worst companion ever." LOL.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I wish I wasn't still a clueless noob when all that was going on around my PCs. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 17, 2010, 05:55:23 PM
I wish I wasn't still a clueless noob when all that was going on around my PCs. :(

Thought I'd fix it up for you man ;D

My brag.

I made a Human Looking half-elf, with human in his Mdesc....-before- the code change allowing it.

>.>

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Quote from: Kol on March 17, 2010, 07:14:14 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 17, 2010, 05:55:23 PM

Thought I'd fix it up for you man ;D

My brag.

I made a Human Looking half-elf, with human in his Mdesc....-before- the code change allowing it.

>.>

Psh... so did everyone else :D

You could just tell back them that they were codely halfelves by using Assess -v.
That was the change.  Now you can choose what species your breed looks like when people use assess -v on you.

Love you Kol.   :-*
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

March 17, 2010, 07:23:09 PM #1274 Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:41:48 PM by Jingo
Hey Akaramu

Page 15

Quote from: Akaramu on March 31, 2008, 01:42:53 PM
I want to brag here, but staff would spank me.

Watch this space in one and a half years or so.

Edit: Blah. Didn't see the above while I was a' lurkin'.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.