Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

March 18, 2010, 04:39:51 PM #1300 Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:41:59 PM by jhunter
The first pc I had that encountered Plainsman at an earlier time his life, I nearly killed him but the bastard escaped. A pissed off d-elf ranger with a bow can be a very powerful thing. We played cat and mouse off and on for quite a while, with him and his goons all trying to take me out and me trying to pick him off every chance I got.  8) A year or so later, with a different pc who also encountered Plainsman, I had very nearly escaped execution by him for some slight, when I fell to my death. Then a third pc, ended up facing off with him and it ended with neither one of us dying and him escaping again.

*shakes his fist*
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on March 18, 2010, 04:39:51 PM
The first pc I had that encountered Plainsman at an earlier time his life, I nearly killed him but the bastard escaped. A pissed off d-elf ranger with a bow can be a very powerful thing. We played cat and mouse off and on for quite a while, with him and his goons all trying to take me out and me trying to pick him off every chance I got.  8) A year or so later, with a different pc who also encountered Plainsman, I had very nearly escaped execution by him for some slight, when I fell to my death. Then a third pc, ended up facing off with him and it ended with neither one of us dying and him escaping again.

*shakes his fist*

I had a PC that hung out with the Plainsman. We were bros.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I had two that hung out with him.  Two of my earliest attempts at magickers... a krathi that made stupid mistakes and got caught way too quickly and slaughtered mercilessly.  The second was a rukkian that made a less stupid mistake and died solo against an NPC that my character should have slaughtered.  It was sad.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I played a fisherman.  He wrestled his catch to shore.  FUN!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

what???
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on March 18, 2010, 09:42:31 PM
what???

You haven't figured out where to fish yet, Ghost?

Pffft..and here I thought you knew a lot about this game  ;)
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The Plainsman killed my character (she knew too much!) in a dark room with a silver dagger after giving her a stock villain speech, revealing his evil plan to take over the world.

Unlike the comic books, though, my poor Vivaduan wasn't saved in the nick of time while he was monologuing.  She really died.  It is still one of my coolest deaths, though it was pretty infuriating since someone was trying to get through to me at the time.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I had a PC that hung out a little with the Plainsman.  He was still scared of him.

That PC inadvertently brought about something very bad.  Always wondered if Plainsman would have killed my PC if the very bad thing didn't.  Was cool though.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

QuoteTry a real challenge:  The explorer who doesn't use the commands 'North' or 'West'

Better not Point Allanak. You wouldn't make it out of the room unless you had someone to 'follow.'
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on March 19, 2010, 09:36:53 AM
QuoteTry a real challenge:  The explorer who doesn't use the commands 'North' or 'West'

Better not Point Allanak. You wouldn't make it out of the room unless you had someone to 'follow.'

Flee self.

Quote from: spicemustflow on March 19, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
Who's the Plainsman?

Since people are talking about him but it might be some IC sensitive stuff still: Big bad nasty sorcerer back in 2006-07-ish. Around the Copper War, if I'm not wrong.

Quote from: palomar on March 19, 2010, 12:04:23 PM
Who's the Plainsman?

Since people are talking about him but it might be some IC sensitive stuff still: Big bad nasty sorcerer back in 2006-07-ish. Around the Copper War, if I'm not wrong.

A bit before that too but that was definitely the hayyyyyy day.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Here's my brag - I had a militia PC (lifesworn) who betrayed his city-state to join the other - Then betrayed -that- city-state to join the Plainsman, in one day.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

sounds more like a shame
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Reiloth on March 19, 2010, 12:14:46 PM
Who's the Plainsman?

I may have spent more time around the Plainsman than any other PC during those times. I could have killed the plainsman on numerous occasions. Something of mine once knocked the plainsman out. I rescued the plainsman when something else knocked him out. Was fun being the crazy little lackey stump.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I had the best score of all time.

I played a sorceress that got whacked by the Plainsman cause me and a Drovian buddy caused the north to raid our shared home :)  I also saw the death of the "stump" a couple posts up.

The Plainsman kidnapped one of my PCs like a bazillion times.

I knew a guy who knew the Plainsman.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

March 20, 2010, 12:03:34 PM #1320 Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 12:05:41 PM by jhunter
Quote from: Dan on March 19, 2010, 04:59:27 PM
Quote from: Reiloth on March 19, 2010, 12:14:46 PM
Who's the Plainsman?

I may have spent more time around the Plainsman than any other PC during those times. I could have killed the plainsman on numerous occasions. Something of mine once knocked the plainsman out. I rescued the plainsman when something else knocked him out. Was fun being the crazy little lackey stump.

Hahah, you were one of my foes during that time with the d-elf. What a blast. In fact I believe it was your pc killing my tribesmate that initiated my blood oath against you two. Although, had we not killed your kank to eat...
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jstorrie on March 20, 2010, 01:30:14 AM
The Plainsman kidnapped one of my PCs like a bazillion times.

And I ran around trying to rescue that PC like...maybe not a bazillion times.  But a couple times.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

The next person with a brag that doesn't include the Plainsman gets a cookie.  ::)

Quote from: Akaramu on March 21, 2010, 05:50:39 AM
The next person with a brag that doesn't include the Plainsman gets a cookie.  ::)

I had a half-elven explorer PC that took a tube of spice from a skeleton he found and smoked it.

When plainsman finally died, I took his essence and imbued it into a single smoke of spice. I stashed it somewhere to be found, ever since then his soul traveled from person to person, starting with the one who smoked it.