Silt Food, from the Sea of Silt

Started by Svalinya, July 25, 2022, 07:54:29 AM

One of my favorite topics to complain and moan about on the discord, what does the GDB think about SILT FOOD from Red Storm? I'm talking nasty silt crawlers (crabs), silt tentacles(?) (from silt squids), silt clams!! All that yummy stuff that just seems to be missing from the village! Or do you think the sea should remain non forage food-able?

Actually,

I had a character who was nearly entirely on a diet of food form RSV. There are a huge variety of foods coming out of the sea!

You need to FOIC for some of it, but a lot of it is no mystery.

Siltfruit, gathle, tuaje, flour (from the four giant wind mills in each corner of RSV), to combinations of all of them. RSV has some of the richest food lore out there.

Edited to add: as far as finding the food in the sea and surrounding area - yeah, that needs work.
-Stoa

It might be cool if the silt sea food forage tables were updated a little. As-is, they are identical to those of the Vrun at large and not particularly interesting.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Patuk on July 25, 2022, 09:43:31 AM
It might be cool if the silt sea food forage tables were updated a little. As-is, they are identical to those of the Vrun at large and not particularly interesting.

This is still on my whiteboard from a while back.  Once I've got some fundamentals done with an eye towards ecosystem etc, I will likely post up a call requesting recipes.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

That would be awesome!! i always wanted to be able to throw a net and bring up a net full of silt fruits/crabs. Like the sifter code

Quote from: Hathors Hitman on August 05, 2022, 08:54:10 PM
That would be awesome!! i always wanted to be able to throw a net and bring up a net full of silt fruits/crabs. Like the sifter code

The idea of you going to pull up a net of fruit only to drag up a silt horror tickles me for some reason.  Tentacles flailing, humans screaming 'I just wanted a silt fruit you a-hole'
Obscurity is the refuge of the weak.

See I thought there should be a chance to pull up a Lurker or have a tentacle attack you.