Soh Lanah Kah is open to Play

Started by mansa, June 15, 2022, 06:25:19 PM

Quote from: X-D on June 16, 2022, 06:06:03 PM
First, I have to say, The game word has not gotten any bigger, so the players are not spread out any more, there is no more space to spread them.

Second, Closing things is ALWAYS bad, I have said that for at least the last 22 years and that is from a LOT of experience on other muds.

Opening things is ALWAYS good. Even if nobody plays in a clan for a year, So what, The option is there, People like options.

I tell you, You look at the muds that still have high player numbers and you will find they have in common, MASSIVE worlds with a TON of options.

SLK, not a tribe for me But I am happy they have opened without closing anything.

Exactly. Now there's an option for me to roll it later, even if no one is there.  Maybe some folks see me running around yelling "kah" at everything and think it looks fun. So now we have a little group of SLK running around for a few months. Fun times.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

QuoteOpening things is ALWAYS good. Even if nobody plays in a clan for a year, So what, The option is there, People like options.

I have also said this.  I agree 110%.  A clan can be completely empty for 2 years, and I'll still say keep it open.  Options are not about being utilized constantly, they're about being available for that one time that someone who plays <insert x type> has the sudden urge to play <y type>.  The option being there lets them do it.  The option not being there leads to 'Well, I guess I'll take a break for awhile and see if I get the urge to play <x type> again.'
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: X-D on June 16, 2022, 06:06:03 PM
First, I have to say, The game word has not gotten any bigger, so the players are not spread out any more, there is no more space to spread them.

Second, Closing things is ALWAYS bad, I have said that for at least the last 22 years and that is from a LOT of experience on other muds.

Opening things is ALWAYS good. Even if nobody plays in a clan for a year, So what, The option is there, People like options.

I tell you, You look at the muds that still have high player numbers and you will find they have in common, MASSIVE worlds with a TON of options.

SLK, not a tribe for me But I am happy they have opened without closing anything.

Pretty sure with the current elf numbers in game, and this tribe opening for play, Shalooonsh is plotting to conquer Allanak AND Tuluk with his sharp ears. :D

Disclaimer:
This is not a complaint.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

As you can tell from my avatar, if this game becomes Delfagedddon I will be sorely disappointed.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 16, 2022, 08:31:24 PM
As you can tell from my avatar, if this game becomes Delfagedddon I will be sorely disappointed.

Then we just kill the elves again, and it'll fix itself.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died