A suggestion about handling law in city states

Started by Supified, April 16, 2022, 03:28:11 PM

Quote from: Gentleboy on April 19, 2022, 07:08:23 PM
Y'all ever look at NPC blue robes and red robes and see how many fingers they're missing?

How about PC Templars. A few notable ones from a year back were missing fingers due to being foolish! Or costing coin.

What about that one Templar that was PUT ON FIRE IN THE ARENA. Or the other public executions in the Arena?

Templars are in as much shit sand as the rest of us. I can imagine that they don't get as many IC consequences due to not having a PC superior. But, staff are strict, as are documents.

No one gets breathing room.

Very few of the nobles or templars (redundant because they're all nobles) are upwardly untouchable.

If a Senior Noble/Red Robe decides your fresh minted highborn PC needs to have a hard time, you're pretty much going to take it and like it.

Nobles in particular have an extra degree of fun because they're basically stop number one for marriage / breeding requirements between the upper echelons of their city state and their House. So not only are you a scapegoat for the Family's fuck ups, you're also a battery hen or stud pig.

I think it's not quite the same as the difference between a noble and a commoner but it is very 'more of the same'.

A commoner who is accused of for example unlawful murder by a Templar has committed an unlawful murder unless a more senior Templar says that is not the case.

My favourite thing was the templar who got hip checked into the Nursery by one of his HG guards. I am also up for more theatrical combat / executions in the Arena, unless I'm playing a dirty Northron.

Y'all ever look at NPC blue robes and red robes and see how many fingers they're missing?

How about PC Templars. A few notable ones from a year back were missing fingers due to being foolish! Or costing coin.

What about that one Templar that was PUT ON FIRE IN THE ARENA. Or the other public executions in the Arena?

Templars are in as much shit sand as the rest of us. I can imagine that they don't get as many IC consequences due to not having a PC superior. But, staff are strict, as are documents.

You ever look at the templars that are PKed?

There was a HRPT, and.. Crickets

It is entirely fair to say that they just won't die, because they mostly don't, no matter their behavior.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

April 21, 2022, 12:53:02 PM #27 Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 02:57:37 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Patuk on April 21, 2022, 03:32:29 AM

You ever look at the templars that are PKed?

There was a HRPT, and.. Crickets

It is entirely fair to say that they just won't die, because they mostly don't, no matter their behavior.

I don't think this is fair to say. Templars kill eachother all the time. They also get Pked, die of misadventure, and store.

Something I want to point out is one of the complaints in this thread is that of non-lethal mutilation. Keep in mind that this is VERY in line with Allanak. Yes it's a LOT more common from templars now then it was, because they have coded options for it now.

I'm all for the mutilation. Anything that puts non-lethal consequences in front of lethal ones is a BIG plus in my book. Whipping in the Byn? Some of my fave. scenes, getting and giving. Cutting off fingers of an employee to appease a templar? Done this, and had a blast. Templar ripped your fingernail off or the tip of a finger to deliver a warning to your boss? Hell yes. If this makes you stop working for your boss, all the better.

Ya'll are focusing on revenge killing/ instant gratification to much. That aint how nobles are supposed to work. "The templar killed/maimed my favorite commoner, and now I'm mad!"

Great, do something then. Spend the next 3 IC years building up contacts and friends, and make him look like he's friends with a sorcerer, or psychic, or fucking elves, stealing from his Ministry, has spread a terrible secret, maybe you arrange for every big thing they do to fail, over and over until they lose credibility and face. There's a handful of revenge plot ideas, many of which would cause the templar to be killed ICly.

And after you successfully deal with your rival. Your next rival might be a bit more careful how they handle your commoners.

In fact, handle your own shit, put it in your reports, and your House will likely back you next time, making you even more formidable. Just make sure you don't pull that trump card out to often, or you lose it.

TLDR: Mutilation is great rp, there's a TON of shit you can do against templar players, and I love you all.

I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died