Author Topic: Creating MY own clan.  (Read 2086 times)

Elyk

Creating MY own clan.
« on: October 23, 2002, 10:36:49 PM »
Is it posable to create your own clan? :roll:
 :twisted: If so, how do I create one?

Rindan

Creating MY own clan.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 10:44:19 PM »
Go to a person, say, "Hey, am the leader of fill in group name here group, join me."  They say, "Ok."  You now have a clan.  Pretty simple.

As far how do you get a clan to show up on peoples stats so that they are 'official'?  Form a group, survive for a while, prove your group can do something and is not going to disband any time soon, then talk to an imm about it.

John

Creating MY own clan.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 11:46:34 PM »
For some more information try here. You might want to think of reasons for people to want to join the clan, the purpose of the clan.

As for Rindan's method, if someone did that to me I'd be very wary, and probably start thinking of ways to exploit them. Then again I'm probably just anti-social.

Halaster

• Storyteller
Creating MY own clan.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 09:13:14 AM »
Yes, you can start your own clan by doing what the previous posters said.  Just.. do it.  Get your IC buddies, join together, call yourselves the Mad Dogs and wala, you have a clan.

Now, if you want it coded with an actual clan flag and all that, that's different.  Here's how to go about that:

First, start the clan IC.  Second, live a while.  Third, have at least two or three or four main clan members who live a while.  Fourth, have at least a couple of those other clan members able to lead the clan even if you die.  Five, have a point to the clan.

If you've done all that, then you could email mud and discuss the possibility of having it coded.
Halaster

Dan

Halaster!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 04:58:33 PM »
No way... I can't believe it...

The Mad Dogs? You could have said Mad 'Toks or something... There are no dogs on Zalanthas but those city livin' scum!
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Marc

Creating MY own clan.
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2002, 05:06:28 PM »
There has been at least one dog.

In old Tuluk, in the Kuraci death trap wagon yard (how many people got stuck by walking in there and the gates closing behind them with three kuraci regulars?), inside the private mansion off the courtyard was a den, and in the den was a cur.  It's desc, if memory holds was that of a dog.  Could claim it was a gortok, but this was before toks were whoevers wetdream.  :roll:
Quote from: Zhaira
I don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: Mansa
Marc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
If getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Plazgoth

Don't forget the docs
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2002, 08:19:54 PM »
Also if you want a coded clan be ready to write up extensive clan documentation. Which will actually help you think about your clan and flesh it out.

Just my 2 sid.