DRAW WEAPON IDEA: Draw weapon on Enemy

Started by MeTekillot, April 03, 2022, 07:19:13 PM

Simply put: Make an agility roll to draw and attack in one move. Not with any subtlety or stealth, but a single violent movement. Failing the roll means you fumble drawing your weapon with an emote to the room. Success means you draw and make a one handed strike with the weapon. You cannot attempt this maneuver with a two handed weapon or a weapon sheathed on your back.

Quote from: MeTekillot on April 03, 2022, 07:19:13 PM
Simply put: Make an agility roll to draw and attack in one move. Not with any subtlety or stealth, but a single violent movement. Failing the roll means you fumble drawing your weapon with an emote to the room. Success means you draw and make a one handed strike with the weapon. You cannot attempt this maneuver with a two handed weapon or a weapon sheathed on your back.

Me likey, and not just for the weeb RP.

I kinda like basing this on agility rather than e.g. weapon skill. It gives elves more love, and folks with high weapon skills don't need the advantage.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

I feel like this would be a cool addition, even more so if it was part of being able to threaten from having no weapons drawn: Being able to threaten someone and if you succeed you draw your weapon and get the first attack roll

I like, but think it should allow for two handed as well. Katana's be two handed bro. Let me live my samurai wet dream.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on April 04, 2022, 01:44:07 AM
I like, but think it should allow for two handed as well. Katana's be two handed bro. Let me live my samurai wet dream.

You don't draw-slash with twohands though, you steady with one, then slashing with a one handed grip.

Allowing twohanded weapons and grips would allow for high strength PCs to have even more methods of one shotting people.

Quote from: Hauwke on April 04, 2022, 02:17:30 AM
Quote from: Veselka on April 04, 2022, 01:44:07 AM

You don't draw-slash with twohands though, you steady with one, then slashing with a one handed grip.

Allowing twohanded weapons and grips would allow for high strength PCs to have even more methods of one shotting people.

Depends on the weapon. So it should only be used with slashing. Most of your two handed swords were perfectly usable one handed. Not every sword was a claymore or zweihander. Most were longswords, and similar sized.

So restrict it to only slashing weapons that can be used with one hand, but allow it to use etwo. So any weapon that REQUIRES etwo wont count.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I'm not against two handed weapons or even larger weapons getting this. I'm against people getting massive strikes off immediately because they quick-drawed into twohanded strike.

That brings it up to backstab levels if you land a good hit. All without a skill involved outside of "can you hit the thing". Which, in most instances I can think of you'd be hitting because the other guy is still unarmed.

Quote from: Hauwke on April 04, 2022, 03:58:46 AM
I'm not against two handed weapons or even larger weapons getting this. I'm against people getting massive strikes off immediately because they quick-drawed into twohanded strike.

That brings it up to backstab levels if you land a good hit. All without a skill involved outside of "can you hit the thing". Which, in most instances I can think of you'd be hitting because the other guy is still unarmed.

I think the idea is to tie it heavily to agility so people who have high agility scores get access to it. With a fail being you dropping your weapon.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Yes. There need to be iaido masters in Zalanthas.