CODE IDEA: Non-stealth subterfuge

Started by MeTekillot, March 26, 2022, 04:05:41 PM

More functionality for subterfuge and misleading other players that doesn't rely on the binary stealth system.

Some examples off the top of the head:

BLOODSTAINS
Something being killed should leave bloodstains in a room. As I understand it, this already happens if staff leaves a bloodstain in the room, but the process should be automatic.

Pursuant to this, drink containers should be able to be filled with blood, either from yourself, a subdued person, or a mortally wounded person.

>fill waterskin me
WARNING: You will suffer damage filling the waterskin with your blood. To do so anyway, type fill waterskin me now.

>fill waterskin me now
You fill a waterskin with your blood. (-10 hp)

>fill waterskin amos
You don't think the tall, muscular man is going to let you do that.

>sap amos
>fill waterskin amos
You fill a waterskin with the tall, muscular man's blood. (-10 hp for Amos)
--
The tall muscular man is lying here, mortally wounded, on the verge of death.

>fill waterskin Amos
As you fill the waterskin with his blood, the tall, muscular man quietly expires.

Pouring a container of blood on the ground should create a bloodstain in the room.

Pouring a container of blood on yourself should bloody your clothing.

CRYING OUT IN PAIN AND APPEARING MORTALLY WOUNDED

The way it works now, there is a random chance for something/someone to cry out in pain if they are instantly killed from a hit whilst not being mortally wounded. I think this should be changed.

If you are mortally wounded/stunned in a room, every healing tick, you should have a chance to cry out in pain. If are knocked unconscious from a blow to the head or neck, this shouldn't happen.

Characters should be able to cry out in pain at will with the command 'cry out' or 'keen'. There should also be a command for a character to assume the appearance of being mortally wounded. Functionally, this would just make you sit/rest, change your ldesc, and change how you appear on 'assess' and 'look'. Being attacked in this state should have the same penalties as being attacked while sitting, or possibly while resting.

Characters with the 'bandage' skill should be able to see through this if you don't have a skill to make the act more convincing. I'm not dead-set on whether the skill to oppose it would also be 'bandage', or one of the stealth/manipulation skills.

Pouring a container of blood on yourself while feigning being wounded should create random false 'wounds' on you that would be seen in 'assess -v'.

Feel free to add your own ideas RELEVANT TO SUBTERFUGE or argue the merits of the ones I've presented here.