When good skills go bad - Part 1

Started by Anonymous, November 20, 2003, 12:09:51 PM

Climb is a good skill. It's useful to almost every hunter, to those sneaky-ass burglars who want to slip into a house from the rooftop, and hell even to those ill-prepared d-elves that accidentally fall into those chasms! Climb could surely aid you in many ways. But what if you had this skill on your list...and all the sudden --WOOSH-- it was gone! Vanished without a trace! Houdini would've been proud.

Oh yeah the point...I was just wondering if there has been work done experimenting with putting the climb skill on people's lists. I know that my character (who didn't start with climb) actually had it on his list after a while. I had thought I branched it from something ya know? But then a few weeks after having it, it was gone!  :cry:

And no, it wasn' t a piece of equpiment or a spell that gave me climb either :P
Anyways, just wondering whats up.

I have no idea.  Your best bet is to mail the MUD an be sure to tell them your account name.

Skills aren't usually supposed to up and dissapear. If you have a skill that dissapears mysteriously, it could mean a bug of some kind affected you, and removed the skill from your sheet. Email the mud with your PC name, and your account name at mud@ginka.armageddon.org with the details. If its not a bug, then they should know what is up, in any case, so your best bet is to email the mud.
Tlaloc
Legend

I checked my skills list and my climb skill disappeared too!
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

Mercenary ride skill used to sorta do the same thing.
It'd be on the skill list, then you'd munt your first kank or thing and then try to ride and it would disappear and basically never reappear unless you wished up and had it re-added.

I think it was eventually fixxed, maybe climb is the same way.

The climb disappearing and reappearing on warrior skill trees was the result of a coder changing things in the skill list. It's back to the way it was now.

If you're not a warrior, then I'd mail MUD as Tlaloc suggests.

Quote from: "Sanvean"The climb disappearing and reappearing on warrior skill trees was the result of a coder changing things in the skill list. It's back to the way it was now.

If you're not a warrior, then I'd mail MUD as Tlaloc suggests.

What if you're a warrior that had the skill and now it's no longer there?

Then, unless you have a sub that gets climb, you were never supposed to have the skill to begin with, so if it is gone your char is "fixed".

In other words, the warrior guild does not get climb.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Sorry to be unclear.

Someone added the climb skill to the warrior tree. I don't know all the details behind why.

They removed it shortly thereafter, and we returned to the normal skill tree. Warriors do not get climb, therefore if you are a warrior who had climb briefly and lost it, I suggest resigning yourself to your fate and having your character remember fondly the days when s/he was so agile that they could scramble up a sheer cliff face.

My personal philosophy is to not fiddle too much with the skill trees, because (imo) having your skills change around like this on a regular basis is frustrating. As you can see.