[MRPT] Pitfight and a show! (January 2nd, 2pm)

Started by Narf, December 26, 2021, 01:12:35 PM

A special invitation to amateur fighters across the city! Come one come all to test your mettle against your fellows of Allanak to demonstrate once and for all, who is the most entertaining fighter in all of Allanak! (Oh, yes, and I suppose who is the strongest as well) Don't miss this chance to show off your own special blend of bladework and stagemanship in exchange for both prizes of coin and acclaim.

And for those not of a martial bent, join our intermission crew as you put on your own style of entertainment while the fighters rest between their matches in exchange for a coin pouch of your own.

Pay heed! If we get at least 6 competitors to show up /on time/ this competition will become a tournament with a special prize for the grand victor; An official pitfighting champion's ring, of special design to display to all the glory of your blade!

(sparring weapons provided for this event; Amateurs only for this particular event)

General question as someone who hasn't had very much time to log in as of late (as I'm sure many others haven't either) is this something that those hoping to compete in, should clearly state before showing up?  Or if we walk in at 1:59 get two thumbs up and a pat on the back, no questions asked kind of match?  I would FOIC if I had the time!   :-[
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on December 30, 2021, 10:36:32 PM
General question as someone who hasn't had very much time to log in as of late (as I'm sure many others haven't either) is this something that those hoping to compete in, should clearly state before showing up?  Or if we walk in at 1:59 get two thumbs up and a pat on the back, no questions asked kind of match?  I would FOIC if I had the time!   :-[

Two thumbs? What sort of fancy shindig do you think this is, the Arena? Long as you've got one you're good.

But yes, just show up on time and you can enter. If you show up late you /might/ still be able to enter, but you won't count towards the special surprise bonus for if we get enough people.

This starts in half an hour!

And just as a reminder, if we get six or more amateur fighters, there'll be a special prize for the grand finalist!

That was great fun!
How about a scavenger hunt?

Quote from: Esadal on January 02, 2022, 04:25:44 PM
That was great fun!

Agreed. Much fun indeed.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Excellent show for sure! Very entertaining for the audience! Well done Team Consortium and all the participants.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'