Sponsored Role(s) for Project

Started by Halaster, December 25, 2021, 09:33:17 PM

December 25, 2021, 09:33:17 PM Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 09:37:36 PM by Halaster
I'm doing something different here, and I want 5 people helping me.  Ultimately it will be creating characters for sponsored roles but there will be some "work" to do beforehand.  Without giving away too much, it's going to be a new tribe, but not like anything you've ever done before.  And no, this is not gith nor mantis nor halflings.

The Fab Five who get these roles would help create the clan by way of working out all the details of ideas with me, helping with the documentation of the new tribe including some of the lore and other aspects.  Once it's all ready to play, then these people would create characters in this tribe.  We'd actually allow you to create more than one character in the tribe if you end up dying.  So if you made one, and 3 days in got killed by something dumb, you could make a new one.

My general expectation is that we'd probably be working on getting it ready for a few weeks or even a month or so before you ever made characters.  So if you are playing someone you really like right now, you could still potentially do this as long as you'd be willing to store/kill off your character in about a month (please, work this out with your staff if you're in a leadership position).

This project has the potential of becoming significant - or of utter failure.  It's a bit of a experiment, but one that will be majorly influenced by those who join in.  So, if you've ever wanted to help create something from scratch (well almost) like this, send in your app!  Success or failure is in your hands!

Create a new request, select Clan Related - Role Application and put something in there about 'attention Halaster'.  Just include that you want to be a part of this, and maybe a super brief "history" of your time in Arm.  Basically just let me know who you are a little, nothing crazy.

PS.  There will be no magickers involved in this, so if you're really wanting to play one, this isn't for you.

PPS.  This will remain open for about a week or so, depending on how many apps I get.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Here's some theme music to inspire you:

https://youtu.be/-bHvk2hQXoY

I'm going to close the app process for this early due to the large volume of requests already coming in.  It will close Wednesday Dec 29 at 11:59pm Server Time.

What's that you say?

https://youtu.be/t4onBqilHvc

I'm going to go ahead and close this and start making decisions.  If someone reads this after it's closed and just really really wants to have a shot, hit me up and we can talk.

Should be replying to requests shortly.

After about three months of collaboration and writing, this group of volunteers has finished the documentation and staff have finished their part.  Today the results of this project are going live.  There won't be much fanfare and in fact no one's really going to even notice at first.  But I thought it would be good to follow up and let the community know the general status of this.

QuoteMy general expectation is that we'd probably be working on getting it ready for a few weeks or even a month or so before you ever made characters.

So I'm not the best at time estimation...