Peek behind the curtain: Magic

Started by Jihelu, December 21, 2021, 11:29:43 PM

Northern Templars get one, as you might expect.

Didn't staff say something about how 'advanced weapon skills were broke anyway' as an excuse for removing them?
I think I was told Razors breaking armor was a 'bug'...but if it was a bug why would people be allowed to use it and why was it never fixed?

If it's a bug why do Northern Templars even get one and why do Gladiators (That I think are closed) get them? Just remove Polearms and throw them onto chopping and make them flip (As I think the Northern one already does)

And if its not a bug who the fuck is living rent free in my head telling me that someone told me it was from staff?

Regardless though, on magic:

I still hope its more comps for the new spells staff have been adding... but if its THAT MANY... I hope its some additions as well.

Here's to wearable magick items or components that combine with others or something.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 23, 2021, 01:17:54 PM
Regardless though, on magic:

I still hope its more comps for the new spells staff have been adding... but if its THAT MANY... I hope its some additions as well.

Here's to wearable magick items or components that combine with others or something.

My hope is that it is like...Modular artifacts. Say a Crystalline Staff (basic) that can have a component added to it to alter it somehow. Change its element or attune it in some way.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Its the "policy stuff" that is really interesting me. Sure thats a lot of new objects and maybe its neat, maybe it isn't.

But policy? Is the new policy "Riev can have fun?" because I've been waiting for the "Riev cannot have fun" rule to be wiped away for about 10 years.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on December 22, 2021, 10:31:15 AM
Quote from: Veselka on December 22, 2021, 12:20:55 AM
50 items, 80 recipes.

I imagine it has to do with component crafting and magical artifacts.

I'm betting a lot of it is in the comp crafting (which has needed a serious update since new spells/effects have gone in).

It might be a nice way to see someone focusing more on their magickal nature than their main class, without giving us full magick.

Also, as a Drovian I want a fireball

I was kind of thinking about this and the possibility of optional components.

Normal use:
Cast 'spell' target
You cast the spell, sensing it could have had greater effect.

Appropriate component used:
Cast 'spell' target
component is consumed
You unleash the full potential of 'spell' upon the target.

This doesn't have to equate to +5 damage but could be additional status effects, use less mana, chance to bypass defenses, etc.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Maybe using unnecessary components just gives you max damage or a higher average damage instead of a dice roll. (As one option)

Quote from: Lotion on January 03, 2022, 11:22:43 AM
Eighth horn?

wek yuqa kral een pav sul mon pwn
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Maybe they'll add another reach...