Spice alchemy: Mundane answer to magickal dominance

Started by MeTekillot, November 23, 2021, 06:36:33 PM

I'm missing a bash so that I can increase my bash skill.

I swear I've regenned in a 1v1 scenario recently. I'll keep my eyes peeled and try to recreate similar situations and make a bug report request about it.

Back on topic, I don't think spice potion will solve the perceived problem here. When someone apps a sorc or psi they are expected to do that shit very soon, I think a similar attitude should be applied to aspect mages.

Quote from: Jihelu on December 01, 2021, 09:05:22 AM
Quote from: Brokkr on November 30, 2021, 09:52:13 PM
Quote from: mansa on November 26, 2021, 10:21:15 AM
Quote from: Lotion on November 26, 2021, 06:04:24 AM
You already regenerate health while in combat.

You don't regenerate health while in combat.

(Unless you're sitting)

The days of intentionally missing a bash so you could regen your health are long gone.

You only regen health in combat when you have just killed something, something else is still attacking you, but you have not had an offensive round of combat directed at them yet.
Brokrr I don't know if you know this but...we aren't missing bash so we can regen health.

Jihelu I don't know if you know this but...until about 20 years ago, if you missed a bash you would regen health while sitting, leading to amusing situations like sitting for half the fight during sparring.

Quote from: Brokkr on December 01, 2021, 12:48:41 PM
Quote from: Jihelu on December 01, 2021, 09:05:22 AM
Quote from: Brokkr on November 30, 2021, 09:52:13 PM
Quote from: mansa on November 26, 2021, 10:21:15 AM
Quote from: Lotion on November 26, 2021, 06:04:24 AM
You already regenerate health while in combat.

You don't regenerate health while in combat.

(Unless you're sitting)

The days of intentionally missing a bash so you could regen your health are long gone.

You only regen health in combat when you have just killed something, something else is still attacking you, but you have not had an offensive round of combat directed at them yet.
Brokrr I don't know if you know this but...we aren't missing bash so we can regen health.

Jihelu I don't know if you know this but...until about 20 years ago, if you missed a bash you would regen health while sitting, leading to amusing situations like sitting for half the fight during sparring.

I don't know if you know this, but I would do it because I'd get hit more and hit things less. Also, barrier would stay up so people would leave me alone.

Did not know I could have been regenning health that whole time. But I haven't even been here 20 years, so I missed that boat. #bringBackSunbackTails

On topic: I don't know if mundane-only potions is really the way to go about it. I was always fine with mundanes being able to drop a full-guild magicker specifically because they had superior mundane skills. They just had to catch the magicker unawares or without protections up.

The only way to make mundanes answer to magickal dominance is to either limit the amount of magicker PCs in some way (no thank you) or showcase more 'mundane' plots that don't require someone who can throw fireballs and create villages out of the sand.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 28, 2021, 03:50:22 PM
the idea was not created with the intention that magickers are completely unable to use it.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 01, 2021, 02:05:12 PM
I'm not suggesting mundane-only potions.

the idea was not created with the intention that magickers are completely unable to use it.

These statements are contradictory.

Quote from: Lotion on December 01, 2021, 06:10:33 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on December 01, 2021, 02:05:12 PM
I'm not suggesting mundane-only potions.

These statements are contradictory.

I think your eyes may be skipping over the 'not' in the second one, Lotion

that not did not exist until now, i call witchcraft

December 13, 2021, 03:55:32 AM #35 Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 03:58:17 AM by MeTekillot
Wayward poultice. Cannot Way. Cannot be contacted on the Way. Cannot cast magick spells. Cannot improve skills. As well, you will occasionally fail to speak or understand all languages, known or otherwise.
The veins at their temples are a solid black and their gaze seems a touch vacant.

I would probably advocate for/design two different ones. One being anti-psionic, and making your brain weak, and another being anti-magic (Maybe weakening your strength or something else in the process)

Quote from: Lotion on November 25, 2021, 10:55:43 AM
Quote from: Tranquil on November 23, 2021, 09:57:42 PM
I like the idea of spice mixing for unique effects, and spice being a good deterrent against magick in ways more creative then stat boosts.
finally a day where i can roleplay my character who likes qel without people metagaming and assuming i'm a secret magicker

That's funny, cause most Qel users are crafters. LOL
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died