Combat choice: aim bodypart only

Started by MeTekillot, November 14, 2021, 02:45:18 PM

You can also just shoot someone in the neck as a warning shot. He probably won't die, and if he does, it serves as a very effective warning to the others.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I really like this suggestion, but I think it would be bad for the game.  Targeting a location would make it much easier to train high str characters to greater levels of weapon skill.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

Quote from: Halcyon on August 01, 2022, 04:58:54 PM
I really like this suggestion, but I think it would be bad for the game.  Targeting a location would make it much easier to train high str characters to greater levels of weapon skill.

Don't give skill gains when using a targeted hit location.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Or let it, it goes both ways. That beef cake can aim for the head only and whiff a few strikes.

But so can everyone else.

The combat grind is already as stupid as it is tedious. Arguing that either of these qualities are good things is a habit I'll never understand.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on August 01, 2022, 05:43:53 PM
Quote from: Halcyon on August 01, 2022, 04:58:54 PM

Don't give skill gains when using a targeted hit location.
It would also allow you to target only body when sparring up a weakling without risking you just take half their health with a neckshot so they can get those def gainz

Quote from: Patuk on August 01, 2022, 08:27:24 PM
The combat grind is already as stupid as it is tedious. Arguing that either of these qualities are good things is a habit I'll never understand.

I can't relate them. Grind is a different topic of time and effort. OP is suggesting a combat micromanagement option like *hack* or *riposte*