Using the release of Dune for some marketing?

Started by Void, October 21, 2021, 07:05:46 PM

Since this game contains many similar themes, and I know games like MUME had a huge boost when Lord of The Rings came out, is there any way we can jump on this bandwagon to try and beef up our marketing? Maybe some posts etc in Dune reddits/facebook groups/whatever?

I will 100% post about Armageddon mud on Dune threads for reddit, or upvote posts of ppl who do.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

October 21, 2021, 07:12:09 PM #2 Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:14:44 PM by HavokBlue
It's seemed to help the Dune mud's numbers on TMS. I sent a pitch to a games writer the other day who was sourcing comments for a piece about long-running game-specific communities but didn't hear back.

I've spent a little time lately thinking about other ways to take advantage of the growth in roleplaying fandom. We aren't really suited for Twitch, which is a big way any game gets attention now, so my thoughts have turned to stuff like more popular D&D or roleplaying themed podcasts and shows. It would be cool to find something like Critical Role to do a one-shot episode or a few episodes of a Zalanthan mini-campaign to promo the game.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

On a related note...where's all the water conserving gear IG!?!

Quote from: triste on October 21, 2021, 07:08:48 PM
I will 100% post about Armageddon mud on Dune threads for reddit, or upvote posts of ppl who do.

The best way to advertise Armageddon on Reddit is to not post about Armageddon on /r/MUD. They do -not- like Armageddon there.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Just a side note here, the Publicity group is a thing. Just make a Publicity request to join- it can be either type within.

Quote from: Malken on October 21, 2021, 08:48:23 PM
Quote from: triste on October 21, 2021, 07:08:48 PM

The best way to advertise Armageddon on Reddit is to not post about Armageddon on /r/MUD. They do -not- like Armageddon there.

Agreed and I think we should aim for the non-MUD communities like what HavokBlue said.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points