Temporary PC roles

Started by MeTekillot, October 14, 2021, 12:38:28 PM

Quote from: Jihelu on October 15, 2021, 03:25:04 PM
I know the person who played a spider.
Can confirm, he was a spider.

How do you get your weapon skills up as a tarantula? Kind of shit race IMO.

Quote from: Krath on October 15, 2021, 08:16:36 AM
Lol a gith role call. Textiles, Muk-Utep, Sandlord and Yaraya help you all if that happens.

Hey, it happened in 2015. Never say never.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

The 2015 role call is precisely why there won't be a new one. Ask any of the people involved - massive old shitshow, that was.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

I have a suspicion my level of familiarity with what went into that role call and the subsequent events surpasses yours and while staff may feel differently, none of the issues I can think of are insurmountable to doing something similar in the future - with the added benefit of lessons learned the last time around. But that 2015 implementation was also not sustainable long term (and it wasn't intended to be, given the roles at expiration dates) and a not insignificant amount of labor would be needed to make something like that a more permanent addition to the world.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

A semi-related idea:

Have players apply to play fixtures in clans that aren't quite the same as sponsored roles. Status quo and theme style characters. Cooks, Lieutenants, Senior Nobles and Advisors. With the understanding that you're only in the role to add life to the clan. Like Penned Gladiator, but you're a Penned Clannie instead.

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 31, 2021, 06:11:16 PM
A semi-related idea:

Have players apply to play fixtures in clans that aren't quite the same as sponsored roles. Status quo and theme style characters. Cooks, Lieutenants, Senior Nobles and Advisors. With the understanding that you're only in the role to add life to the clan. Like Penned Gladiator, but you're a Penned Clannie instead.

I don't know if there's a way to do something like a lieutenant or a senior noble as a flavor PC given it would be unrealistic for an individual in that role to just sit there and overlook like... some pressing plot against their clan.

+1 though to lower tier flavor roles.

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 31, 2021, 06:11:16 PM
A semi-related idea:

This would be neat and honestly with some OOC rules I don't see an issue with it. It really depends on the role for whether this should matter, maybe as like...a broad category?
'Byn camp NPC' as a broad term, not just 'Byn Chef'. So the Byn go out to do something and you get loaded up to play 'Byn Camp Guard  Amos' You get a small write up, some advice, and you play Camp Guard Amos while the Byn are out. Maybe you die and get loaded up as 'Quartermaster Amos' instead.

Or Salarr is out doing something secret and you get loaded up to play a virtual guy.
Like the Builder Role but for generic NPCs that may or may not have power depending on need. Not like, 'I am the loaded up Lieutenant of the Byn' but getting loaded up as a trooper or maybe even a sarge should need be and if the player isn't a huge dick about it.

This could be a whole ass thing like builders.