IDEA: Reduce Knocked-Out Timer

Started by mansa, October 10, 2021, 04:31:11 PM

Hey,

I'd like the Knocked-Out timer to be changed to be shortened.  I'd also like it to be shortened based on /why/ they got knocked out.

If it was combat or poison?  10 minutes in real life.
If it was falling?  A random number between 1 and 10 minutes.

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Honestly a good idea. If somebody wants to keep you knocked out all they have to do is punch you in the head again when you wake up. Any other situation where you're knocked out just feels like a waste of time as you wait to wake back up.

I wonder if it could follow what was done with Focus, where it's a random number between 1-10.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

I think combat staying 10 minutes is very reasonable for the purposes of kidnapping

The problem with this is it reduces the period of being vulnerable from failing climb, which is an important part of making it risky, dangerous and criminal themed, if it's something much more safe, it demeans the whole thing really

Knocking someone out by force is likely best to be kept long. Often we KO someone because we do not want to kill them. And sometimes we need to kidnap/imprison the person. Needing to consistantly reKO the person would be a pretty big drag. Let's not encourage killing over knocking out.
Peering into the darkness, your voice uncertain, you say, in sirihish:
     "You be wary, you lot. It ain' I who's locked 'p here with yeh. it's the whol
e bunch of youse that's locked down here with meh."

Quote from: mansa on October 10, 2021, 04:31:11 PM
If it was falling?  A random number between 1 and 10 minutes.

Please.

Also... does appropriately protective headgear protect your stun when you fall? I feel like it should.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I agree with it being a pain. Saying "just knock them out again when they wake up" like people aren't going to be trying to immediately spam commands when they wake up. Having to have a bunch of people to guard exits and stuff just to move an unconscious person would be very strange.

And hard enough now with a decent time on it.
21sters Unite!

If anything g I'd like to see a person be "Unsteady" after getting knocked unconscious, recovering from poison, being dumbstruck, being so wounded in combat they need sleep, etc.

Their movement could be slowed, they have difficulty focusing on using the Way, have a chance of falling down (seems more logical than when drunk).
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant