Economy Feedback - wood

Started by Shabago, September 21, 2021, 01:26:06 PM

I mean, if you make wood cost less, which honestly since the shop updates pretty much wood items were always full in all the shops that sold them ...

And you make it dangerous. Who is even going to got get logs? It's dangerous AND no one really needs them?
21sters Unite!

Quote from: Brokkr on September 23, 2021, 04:36:36 PM
The script that changes out the Kadian colors from time to time I believe is what is impacting that NPC, which is a very specific issue.

As for the other two, you sure you've had this problem in the last...3 months or so?  I ask because the Allanak Salarri archery shop NPC has well over two hundred thousand coins, which seems adequate.  While the Allanak Salarri weaponsmith has well over a million coins and should think about absconding to a seafront villa.  Not asking about historical problems because outside of a few fringe cases like the Kadian jeweler, this issue can exist temporarily, but it is unlikely over time.  Rather, interested in recent (since a few months after the save change) issues.

I've had more problems with getting 'I have too many of that already' than shops that are out of money. It's just tedious to repeatedly check every gem or weapon merchant in Allanak just to sell that bag of stuff you have and free up some storage capacity.

The specific Kadian issue is also a problem. It affects all the Kadians, and they don't seem to have more than 1000 coins or so at any time. That makes it impossible to sell even that one fancy, expensive item that you 'found' somewhere.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on September 24, 2021, 03:45:29 AM

I've had more problems with getting 'I have too many of that already' than shops that are out of money. It's just tedious to repeatedly check every gem or weapon merchant in Allanak just to sell that bag of stuff you have and free up some storage capacity.

So much this. I'm not actually sure how anyone makes a ton of money selling stuff like chests/shields/tents etc when the shops rarely have the capacity to buy even one of anything popular.

Quote from: Nao on September 24, 2021, 03:45:29 AM
The specific Kadian issue is also a problem. It affects all the Kadians, and they don't seem to have more than 1000 coins or so at any time. That makes it impossible to sell even that one fancy, expensive item that you 'found' somewhere.

Have had this issue with both the Kadian jewellery store and the the clothing store.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: creeper386 on September 24, 2021, 01:29:15 AM
I mean, if you make wood cost less, which honestly since the shop updates pretty much wood items were always full in all the shops that sold them ...

And you make it dangerous. Who is even going to got get logs? It's dangerous AND no one really needs them?

I mean to say leave it as profitable but turn up the risk.

To balance things also make every other coded way to generate sid risky (bye bye tailors)

Quote from: oggotale on September 24, 2021, 07:21:35 AM
To balance things also make every other coded way to generate sid risky (bye bye tailors)

I mean.. sandsilk is pretty damn risky. :p
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Have to reiterate Maso's earlier point about some of us just not wanting the game to become a crafting grind. Sure, I can make those thousands of coins you all are talking about, but to do it, I have to ignore RP. (or maybe I just am bad at playing Arm) If I do what is recommended roleplay, i.e. sleep at night, go get some breakfast and load up on water, go greb some rocks (example) come back in the city, sit on some bench somewhere, make a few items, sell them off, go talk to some friends and have a drink at the tavern, getting rich isn't going to happen. If some people LIKE to build up 10k in their bank account, they are going to figure a way (crafting grind) to do it, no matter how difficult it is. The end result is the people that would like to play the game without the grind end up being forced to. Blech.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

Quote from: oggotale on September 24, 2021, 07:21:35 AM

I mean to say leave it as profitable but turn up the risk.

I think the issue is since the shops are constantly full of all the wood items that would have made money anyways, I wouldn't imagine a huge market for wood now even before prices dropped.

I know my last character, sold all of two wooden shields in Allanak. PCs aren't buying them. I don't seem to see inventory change on any consistent basis to indicate they sell to random VNPCS or anything. So whoever sold shields to the merchants when the change first went live probably were the only people to make money selling shields.
21sters Unite!

X sells to a passerby.

Removes an item from the shopkeeper inventory, adds coins.  So yes, most shopkeepers, although not all, have virtual sales turned on.

Quote from: Brokkr on September 24, 2021, 01:38:46 PM
X sells to a passerby.

Removes an item from the shopkeeper inventory, adds coins.  So yes, most shopkeepers, although not all, have virtual sales turned on.

I'll have to trust you on it. Never noticed it in the bigger shops in the Bazaar and maybe it's just because they have huge inventories but they seem pretty static. Perhaps PCs just sell to them more then I noticed.
21sters Unite!

X sells is a thing...if I was to send a staff kudos, that would be it.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Ideally I would think that wood should get more expensive each city south you go.

Morins has an automated system and is the local industry. Tuluk markets are nearby, and luirs is a dangerous trek down the north road, but then allanak is farther, and even despite any dangers, red storm is quite a haul for wood.

The reverse should also be true with obsidian.
Veteran Newbie

Quote from: Dracul on October 09, 2021, 06:22:54 PMluirs is a dangerous trek down the north road,
Is it?

Also you presume Obsidian can only be found in the south. It's definitely more common there, but it's not necessarily unique to there.

Quote from: ItsMeg on October 09, 2021, 07:28:00 PM
Quote from: Dracul on October 09, 2021, 06:22:54 PMluirs is a dangerous trek down the north road,
Is it?

Also you presume Obsidian can only be found in the south. It's definitely more common there, but it's not necessarily unique to there.

Often not codedly, but you have gortoks roaming in big packs, Carru screaming across the road to smash heads and the occasional kryl sleeping. That's plenty dangerous to me.

Quote from: Hauwke on October 09, 2021, 08:29:44 PMOften not codedly, but you have gortoks roaming in big packs, Carru screaming across the road to smash heads and the occasional kryl sleeping. That's plenty dangerous to me.
Fair enough. Last time I played any amount in the north with a wilderness character North Road was pretty heavily patrolled for carru, gortoks were scant to be seen on the road and kryl never ventured that close to the edge of the Grey Forest. But that's cool if it's become more dangerous.