Hunger Pangs

Started by Bebop, August 19, 2021, 10:40:30 AM

Is anyone else dealing with their character having endless hunger?  As poetic as that sounds as soon as my character is full they're starving again.  It's driving me crazy having to seek out food to eat constantly and it's ridiculously expensive.  I noticed someone else mentioning this on Discord so wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  I don't mind my character getting hungry but when it's this constant it feels like a playability issue.  Maybe I'm imagining things or something changed on my break!

Quote from: Bebop on August 19, 2021, 10:40:30 AM
Is anyone else dealing with their character having endless hunger?  As poetic as that sounds as soon as my character is full they're starving again.  It's driving me crazy having to seek out food to eat constantly and it's ridiculously expensive.  I noticed someone else mentioning this on Discord so wondering if anyone else is having this issue.  I don't mind my character getting hungry but when it's this constant it feels like a playability issue.  Maybe I'm imagining things or something changed on my break!

I'd send in a bug -- Different areas have different hunger level(s), with the Wilderness taking the cake. It could be that wherever you're playing has a value set too high or something.

I too am noticing being hungry in Tuluk way more often (and quicker between levels) than in Allanak when I had PCs there. But that's speaking anecdotally, I haven't actually compared the two with data.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

August 19, 2021, 12:16:57 PM #2 Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 12:24:23 PM by Dresan
It does feel odd a high endurance human is getting more hungry more often then a low endurance elf, despite both being in the city.

On a side note, I know the tribal levy cakes aren't supposed to be anything fancy but do they have to dehydrate you so fast? And require so many to fill you up?

End has nothing to do with hunger.

Size does. And size is height.

The shorter a PC is the less to fill them up but the more often they need to be fed.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

August 19, 2021, 02:25:40 PM #4 Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 02:27:39 PM by Dresan
Really? Always felt my elves got hungier faster than my humans and though it was endurance based.

I'll take your word for it.

Quote from: X-D on August 19, 2021, 02:02:22 PM
End has nothing to do with hunger.

Size does. And size is height.

The shorter a PC is the less to fill them up but the more often they need to be fed.

If we could stop peddling falsehoods on how the code works, that would be great.

Previous knowledge and/or code dump has long been changed/dealt with, and this sort of stuff serves no purpose. If the code would or should be known, it would be.
Nessalin: At night, I stand there and watch you sleep.  With a hammer in one hand and a candy cane in the other.  Judging.

There's definitely alot of wonky areas around the game world where for some god forsaken reason you will absolutely waste away at rates I'd argue are worse or similar to actual hellish regions of the world, for no particular rhyme or reason. Especially in like............ certain enterable areas or gardens and shit.

Something seems amiss.  Even in a residential area I noticed my character wasn't hungry and had eaten not 20 to min earlier and they walked into another room and became hungry.

Quote from: Bebop on August 19, 2021, 05:16:43 PM
Something seems amiss.  Even in a residential area I noticed my character wasn't hungry and had eaten not 20 to min earlier and they walked into another room and became hungry.

Same here
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Alright Shabago.

But if that is the case, then the experience of other players here does seem a bit on the buggy side.

(knowledge only  surmised by almost 30 years play and more then 50 PCs of all races and simply paying attention though, I have never been so bored as to try get and fish that bit out of the code itself)
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

August 19, 2021, 08:52:55 PM #10 Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:23:57 PM by Inks
I have noticed more hunger lately as well. Like my pc has low blood sugar or something. If anything thirst should be more common not hunger.

This does sound like a bug for sure but maybe impossible to fix if it's from such an old thing
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

August 20, 2021, 08:12:48 AM #12 Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:28:01 PM by Krath
Quote from: tiny rainbow on August 20, 2021, 06:41:38 AM
This does sound like a bug for sure but maybe impossible to fix if it's from such an old thing

This frequency is new, which is why it is either a bug or staff made changes.
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Or maybe just perception. I didn't notice it all today and I played heaps. Yesterday was all hunger though. But maybe I just ate more. Who knows?

Is this restricted to Tuluk?

Has the increase been since the server migration, or was it fine for a while after the migration, then started spiking in the last week or so?
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

I couldn't say if it's server change or Tuluk from my personal experience.  My hunch is it's Tuluk related.  I am still noticing this today.  My character is still in a near constant state of hunger just moving between apartment rooms seems enough to activate it.  It's getting really costly.  Especially then when food activates thirst.

I noticed it in the last week or so.

August 20, 2021, 03:02:16 PM #17 Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 06:09:13 PM by LindseyBalboa
everything is pretty much the same as normal for me.

EDIT actually watching, maybe it's going quicker than usual. going from stuff full to kinda hungry more rapidly than I remember. could be the power of suggestion for me though
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

doesn't seem like anything to me
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Seems Tuluk related to me.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Something else which may (or may not) be related:

I've noticed a huge difference in how the feed code for mounts is operating.  There is no predictability for how much food will fill them up or how long it will last.  In addition, it doesn't seem to reliably boost their stamina any more.  I've spent a lot of time on my last two excursions feeding them,  resting them in shady places and even stabling them but still have had to walk them the last few leagues home.

I would say it is Tuluk related. My last long-lived Allanaki PC rarely had to eat traveling around the city (Maybe once a IG day, maybe once every like...2-3 IG days if that. I just didn't really think about it often). On my Tuluki PC I find myself thinking about needing to go get food pretty much every time I log in, as if I were playing a wilderness PC.

--Immanuel Kant

August 21, 2021, 07:50:13 AM #22 Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 03:49:43 PM by The7DeadlyVenomz
Let's keep this on topic, please. Thanks.

- Venomz
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Been keeping an eye on this.

It's definitely way more prevalent in parts of Tuluk that would not expect (Taverns, back rooms of taverns). I will go from completely full to starving in under a RL hour.

--Immanuel Kant

I am noticing it's really bad in certain apartment areas walking back and forth between rooms.  My character was just so full they couldn't eat anymore and less than an hour later they're at hungry and thirsty.  I can't keep up.