Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 288 times)

Pariah

Dreams
« on: August 08, 2021, 02:32:48 PM »
So I've been having strange dreams, one that's recurred a few times and I don't know why is as follows:

In my dream I'm either playing a VR video game or am in the video game.  There is punching and shooting and all sorts of ways to kill various mobs, it's almost like a DOOM type game with lots of killing enemies and then moving on into a new level.

The part of the dream that always stops me is I advance to an area where my bullets don't harm the other people in the game, they are actually humans but they are like blue silhouettes of humans you can see through, my bullets go right through them, my punches find no purchase and I reach through them like ghosts.

There is a voice in my head that says they are only vulnerable to GLYPH attacks.

I then select the glyphs and it is almost like a lotion or liquid that I put on them and when it touches the blue ghostlike outlines it turns chrome and shiny, but I can't figure out how to make it hurt them, the whole time they are attacking me and hurting me and I keep hearing "They are vulnerable to glyph attacks." but can't figure out how to make the shiny, chrome lotion glyph goo hurt them.

I eventually die and wake up, feeling like I need to google how to do a glyph attack but then realize that it's not a game I'm actually thinking of but a dream.

So I play a literal shitload of games, I'm thinking this is some remnant of some old game or mixture of games I'm thinking of and it is bothering me to not be able to put my finger on it.  Like when you know the name of something and it's on the tip of your tongue but you can't say it.

Either that or I'm going insane and this is just the first signs, either way, figured I'd share enjoy my madness.

Hauwke

Re: Dreams
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 04:52:05 PM »
Thats like the ultimate version of : Do the thing! From your little brother and you have no idea what he means.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
We are about to have a baby so my dreams are full of that. The other night I got thrown out of the hospital for some reason and woke up in a panic that my wife was giving birth all alone.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Akaramu

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 09:56:50 AM »
We are about to have a baby so my dreams are full of that. The other night I got thrown out of the hospital for some reason and woke up in a panic that my wife was giving birth all alone.

Woo! Highfive, may I join the 'soon to have baby' club?

It seems you may have some subconscious anxieties and worry if everything will go well. Having a child in the middle of a pandemic probably raises insecurities with everyone. I haven't had any worry dreams (that I remember), but I definitely wonder if my unvaccinated parents will even be allowed to visit once I'm due. :(

As for my own dreams, I suspected I was having a boy by week 6 and was certain by week 10. In the week 10 dream, he sort of introduced himself (as a young man) and while it didn't immediately register that this was my son, I felt an overwhelmingly strong connection in that dream, and had a really good feeling (almost like a mild high) for most of the day, long after I had woken up. It was both strange and wonderful.

I don't remember what he said, nothing at all. :( But he was very charming (and handsome) and, unlike me, not shy or introverted at all.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 01:05:49 PM »
Congratulations and much love!

My dreams are still baby-oriented. He isn't supposed to be here for another couple of weeks but my wife has been having contractions and icky-sticky lady stuff going on. Since we talk about nothing else it isn't a surprise thatit invades my dreams. Thankfully that is the only full-on nightmare about that I have had about it.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Ammut

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 10:27:54 AM »
Perhaps something similar to the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram.