Cleaning stained things.

Started by Pariah, August 02, 2021, 03:35:14 PM

So this is difficult to get into but the south has it STUPID easy to clean things that are stained.  The rest of the world does not.

Is there any way to have more things that clean stained things item wise than a
Certain poisonous keg?

Anyone else hate that they need to spend a few days in Allanak to get a portable cleaning solution?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The obese purple crystal cleaning shop had a franchise location in Tuluk prior to its closure, maybe it's still there?

It still exists.  I think the problem is going to the one location for salt is where you are almost guaranteed to be jumped by gigantic beast #2.

Quote from: SilkyBoi on August 02, 2021, 04:46:30 PM
It still exists.  I think the problem is going to the one location for salt is where you are almost guaranteed to be jumped by gigantic beast #2.

That aside, I think there should be more than one way to clean stained stuff.  Maybe one less dependent on salt that exists in abundance to the south and hardly any up north.

Perhaps some other form of cleaning solution should be invented using something NORTHERN instead of salt.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

There's plenty of salt in the North. Gotta find it.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on August 02, 2021, 05:05:24 PM
There's plenty of salt in the North. Gotta find it.
Harvest it from the the sweat of those filthy breeds. At least they're good for ONE thing.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Oh no, you can't get EVERYTHING from the North? Does this mean, gasp, trading? Oh no, hiring someone to get it for you? By the gods, please, no.

I am 1000% in favor of the north having northern resources and the south having southern resources and both of these locations having to trade, scheme, take, or otherwise acquire scarce resources that are also needed for everyday living.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Sending randos to fetch cleaning kegs and even tokens is a solid job that I have handed ou to underlings and broke friends many a time. Bonus points if you and your associates are banned from Allanak.

Make other stuff scarce.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

I'm fine with trading between cities, or sending underlings to do things, but it's not balanced to the risks involved.

If you live in Allanak and you send your fellow down the salt road to get salt, and his reward is the coins and your request is the kegs, that's balanced work.

However, if you send your dude across the known world, past deadly monsters, risks of falling to your death etc etc etc (all the bad travel stuff between tuluk and allanak).  For a keg of cleaning solution, you would have to pay him/her astronomically for it, not to mention the fact that Joe Newbie is more apt to die in the process of even getting there.

Then add in the truly random way that you get tokens, sometimes you'll get three with four salts given, sometimes you'll give ten to get one.

You could be sending your homeboy down there for RL days to accomplish the task, what am I going to pay him for this for one keg O cleaning solution?  Is it worth the risk of life and limb?

Maybe deal with actual traders or merchants then just a single person.

Maybe there is an oppurtunity for people to load a wagon or cart with cleaning solution and take it North, not that they'd trust poisonous southy kegs. Probably gicked.

I'm against having a lot of overlap of resources. Like, if the south had wood ... This would be a completely different game.
21sters Unite!

Guys, the Salts aren't as bad as you think. I promise. I've been playing this game for 2ish years, my bf for 12ish, and we both swear by salt grebbing. Good coin, not a lot of Meks. The one true thing that is shit is the gith that can hide out there some time.

It's not that bad, though. Get a good guide, make it a big expedition so you can just do it yearly. There are literally TWO clan centered around Salt. This you can read on the website. The Two Moons and House Jal. Yeah, House Jal is tricky, but, maybe a disgruntled ex-swab is somewhere or like, someone whose backstory is that. Or maybe the Two Moons for a good deal. Or independents who can hire the other two. There are so many ways to get salt. I love salt.

I wonder if the new Tuluk shop system is flexible enough that you could sell barrels of cleaning solution in your player shop, hence creating a stable source that would make it worth doing trade runs to acquire a ton of them at once.

Quote from: otelia on August 02, 2021, 08:12:38 PM
I wonder if the new Tuluk shop system is flexible enough that you could sell barrels of cleaning solution in your player shop, hence creating a stable source that would make it worth doing trade runs to acquire a ton of them at once.

I love this idea and any idea that creates more north/south trade.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: triste on August 02, 2021, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: otelia on August 02, 2021, 08:12:38 PM

I love this idea and any idea that creates more north/south trade.
Creates? I prefer forces. Demands. Requires, I say, Triste!

Heh.

Just like finding wood that's not silt-drifted requires/forces/demands invasions of the north, or trade with northies, I'm super fine with bleach being a thing that demands/requires/forces invasion of trade with southies. The more of those things there are, the better.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

On a very very mundane note, soap is your friend if you don't want stuff to get stained in the first place.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.