Sap Command

Started by Pariah, July 31, 2021, 08:21:23 PM

Is there a way to SAP without autoattacking afterwards?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I believe if Nosave combat is on you won't autoattack.

That works for a lot of similar things at least.

Appreciate that, I'll try it out and let you know how it works.

Yeah, not every time you knock something over the head and out cold do you want to crush it's skull immediately afterward so it would be nice to know how to not insta-gib something you knock out.

Does anyone know if the "You're being merciful" thing will stop you from hitting someone who's knocked out versus mortally wounded?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Mercy usually works, but it's not foolproof.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If mercy doesn't stop you smacking an unconcious person, you don't have it turned on.

Quote from: Hauwke on July 31, 2021, 09:52:50 PM
If mercy doesn't stop you smacking an unconcious person, you don't have it turned on.
Mmm, really? I thought it had differing success. I've rarely taken people down that low, so I guess I don't know. I thought it usually worked, but wouldn't stop that final hit in a game tick from going through.

Well, snap, yeah then. Mercy on.

Mercy on causes you to not attack unconsious characters. It's especially noticeable if you aggro an NPC that has mercy enabled and you get a message every few seconds about how someone attacks you.

It stops you from hitting a person who goes down, yeah, but does it stop multiple attacks in the same round? That's the real question.

It used to not always work right. If it does now that's hella cool.

August 01, 2021, 10:00:11 AM #8 Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:02:39 AM by Pariah
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on August 01, 2021, 09:57:05 AM
It stops you from hitting a person who goes down, yeah, but does it stop multiple attacks in the same round? That's the real question.

It used to not always work right. If it does now that's hella cool.

Without going into details, I know this to be 100% true, it doesn't.  So if the enemy is dual wielding and your first hit knocks you out, the second hit will crit and most likely kill/maim

That's why Dual-Wielding is super difficult to manage if you're NOT trying to kill folks.

If you want to knockout and capture folks, you need to be single handed wielding for mercy to function right.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Heh.

Don't train sap on willing participants as the whole point of it is it is a surprise attack. Mercy on will stop you caving their skull in, in the event they are knocked out.