Needed: Templars and Nobles

Started by Brokkr, July 18, 2021, 12:11:46 AM

This is a role call.  A role call for templar(s).  A role call for nobles.

Many of you have expressed an interest in these roles.

So now is the time to apply.

Role call open until July 29.

We expect outstanding applications.

Desc. Background. Playtimes. Interest. yadda yadda.

Standard Templar/Noble application stuff.

So come play in

TULUK!

We need a bit of time to get things in order on Staff side, get your PC oppressors in place, etc.  So this is the rough timeline for the rest of you as well.

So I wrote this.  Then I went back in time to see....OMFG!!!

So, we now also need templar apps for

ALLANAK!

Oh.  And sergeants.  For both Allanak and Tuluk.

So since The Decision is still a couple weeks out, and I'm noticing a lot of returning player interest, I'd like to put something out there so everyone is on the same, level playing field when apps are chosen:

One of the large factors for any high end leadership (especially nobles/templars) decision for role choice is Playtimes.  This should not come as a surprise to anyone, since we post it on every role request.

However, what may not be known is some of the process behind our decisions.  When we look at a potential app, we don't just look at what you say you can offer for playtimes.  Anyone can say they offer 2 hours, 4 hours, or more a day to devote to the role.  If that's said, we take it as true, and we factor it in to the decision - But another thing we look at is verified playtimes.

Has this player logged in recently?
If so, how much?
Are their playtimes mostly consistent?
If we take player Y and player Z, how much do their times overlap?
Are we bunching all of our playtimes all into one small nodule of the day, or do we have solid coverage?

The way we get those verified playtimes is by looking at how much you've logged in -- if we don't see any log ins for the last month or more, we don't actually have any verifiable proof of the playtimes that you offer.

So if you're looking to up your chances on getting one of these tasty roles, if you have the chance, start putting in the playtime NOW if you are a returning player!  We are happy to store your PC if you get your acceptance letter, that won't be an issue, and it won't slow down your process.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill