Bug report?

Started by Traines, July 14, 2021, 11:48:24 PM

Second time now, every container in my footlocker has been emptied, I know this is a bug as I was told it was.  Is there an official way to report this and what can be done about it? This is twice in two days this has occurred and last time took me 5 min to reorganize everything.  Ig I need to be able to ride at any moment and spending a portion of my playtime every time fixing it is not fun.

July 15, 2021, 12:00:15 AM #1 Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:02:17 AM by Pariah
I don't think it's a bug but rather the room being filled up.

This isn't how it works but just for ease of explanation, say every item weighs the same and takes up the same room and the room is set to 100 items total.

You had 20 in your footlocker at one point and others had 70 so it fit as there was 10 free.

You go take your large bag out of your footlocker, you go do whatever, come back later and try to put it back into the footlocker.  Say now you have 40 items in it and nobody else has put an item in the room.  Your bag is now too big to fit in the footlocker due to the room maximum.

Or in another scenario, you take your items out, leaving 30 total free in this scenario.  Your clanmate comes and dumps his large bag of shit into HIS footlocker and say there are 30 items.  Hitting the room max.

You then try to put your stuff back in and there isn't enough room, due to the room max.

I would address it in character if you can, ask your boss/sergeant/leader to clean up the room and get rid of shit that doesn't matter.

Many clan areas are plagued with a metric shit ton of stuff that might have been sitting there for literal years in the bin/table/net/thing.

If I ever play a Merchant House Member or leader, one of my first tasks I'll do is to clean up those areas, having played a few different clans on my return and seeing stuff in the room that I put there six years ago is a little odd.

But I would assume it's not a bug and more just the shuffle of items is hitting the max.

Also I -believe-, don't hold me to this, that the room calculates you as a character as an item sack, so if you have 40 items on your person, weapons, cures, food etc etc, and you're simply standing in the room, viola you're hitting room max.

I would file a request if you're absolutely sure it's a bug, but I would guess it's simply "Too much stuff" in the room.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Pariah, did you read the OP? The problem is not capacity/being unable to fit things into the room.

Traines, you can submit a bug report in the request tool on the main website. Just submit a 'Game Bug' request. Make sure to include logs so the coders can better understand the problem.

Quote from: Rashad on July 15, 2021, 02:38:57 AM
Pariah, did you read the OP? The problem is not capacity/being unable to fit things into the room.

Traines, you can submit a bug report in the request tool on the main website. Just submit a 'Game Bug' request. Make sure to include logs so the coders can better understand the problem.

I did, but unless he's in a room with only one footlocker and no other storage mediums it's most likely room capacity.

In my whole time playing this game I've never seen a room with footlockers that didn't have a minimum of 4 of them in the room by checking keyword footlocker.

Minus the one time I played as a Kadian family member but even that was an office with a desk and other stuff.

Now could it be some one off room with just his footlocker or an apartment that somehow has a footlocker and is bugged sure.  But it sounds like he's talking about clan space, so the chance it's a capacity issue versus bug is pretty high.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Currently, the game is suffering from a container-emptying bug. If you have containers within containers, it seems crashes are emptying those containers all into the main container.

The issue is not room capacity.

It's a bug. Rashad has the right of it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 15, 2021, 09:55:09 AM
Currently, the game is suffering from a container-emptying bug. If you have containers within containers, it seems crashes are emptying those containers all into the main container.

The issue is not room capacity.

It's a bug. Rashad has the right of it.

Fair enough, though creating topics about it as a prod to make someone with the power to fix it, fix it isn't the right way to handle it.

Take it to the requests.