Racial Portraits

Started by Halaster, June 11, 2021, 10:08:22 AM

Racial Portraits - A community project!
[Posting on behalf of Maso]

Some of you may have seen these get posted on Discord as it was being worked on. But finally the collection is complete, with one portrait now for each of the races!

A big extra thank you to Stoicreader, The7DeadlyVenomz, Decameron, Shalooonsh, IronMic, SpyGuy and IsFriday for their help, support and donations towards this effort.

The biggest thank you and credit goes to the incredible artist: Aleksandrkademo - so if you fancy your very own character portrait then I'm sure he'd be happy to help. He was an absolute pleasure to work with on this project. You can find him here:

https://www.fiverr.com/aleksandrkademo?source=order_page_summary_seller_link

And onto the actual artwork!

(Some of these are PC's, however, I will leave it in the hands of their players if they wish to chime in about them in this thread.)

Without further ado:

DESERT ELF

DWARF

HALF-GIANT

HUMAN

HALF-ELF

MUL

CITY ELF
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Highlord damn. Fucking badass. Big thanks to Maso for headlining this thing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Love them! So many props.

If I had one wish here: Beef up that mul girl. Maybe it is just in my head but she should be a slab, not just muscly.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

These are fantastic. Thanks, Maso and company!
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Awesome, everyone who made this happen rocks!

Would love to see this on the subpages at http://armageddon.org/help/view/Races, for instance while I am fond of the art at http://armageddon.org/help/view/Half-Giants and think it's cute, the art posted here definitely has that professional quality gaming manual feel.

ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Yeah, assuming Maso (and whomever else might be in charge of the fate of this art) is cool with it, incorporating this art into the website seems like a very good idea.

We could even use this same artist (or maybe a bevy of them) to further do illustrations for various aspects of Armaggedon, like the cities, villages, fauna, and landscapes, and shift that into the website as well.

In theory, as long as Armageddon owned the art (not these particular ones necessarily), we could use aspects of this art to create ads as well, which we could put on gaming sites.

A crowdfunding system for illustrating the website (and enhancing/updating it) and advertising costs could let us get Armageddon out there to people who'll want to try it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

June 11, 2021, 04:28:33 PM #6 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:31:29 PM by Is Friday
We would have to be careful about using the art in advertisements or even putting it on the website because that could be considered commercial use. And I'm not sure if Armageddon has the commercial license for this art which would be considered different than just commissioning for a personal piece.

With that being said: thank you to Maso for heading this up. It looks great!

The mul is Canvas. She did some stuff.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Absolutely, the intent was that these would be available for the staff to use on the website and for any other purposes for marketing the game should they have the time and desire to incorporate them.

In regards to the licensing, this has already been discussed with artist and it's ALL GOOD. I also have the original, high resolution and editable .psd files for all of these. If we were a for-profit game then we would need to purchase the commercial license.. which is a whopping $10 per image or thereabouts.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

❤️
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Radical work, Maso and co!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

June 11, 2021, 06:55:28 PM #10 Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 10:01:21 PM by 314Red
The half giant almost looks demonic.

The dwarf has a book. It might only be for drawing, but I remain unconvinced.  Burn him!

Quote from: Grogerif on June 12, 2021, 12:45:38 AM
The dwarf has a book. It might only be for drawing, but I remain unconvinced.  Burn him!

It's just his Tatlum poetry book!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Everybody knows that only evil, sadistic monsters read books.   Oh, and sorcerers to.

That city elf... I think I remember them with fondness, actually.

Awesome!
Quote from: Lizzie on February 10, 2016, 09:37:57 PM
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

This is amazing work! Love it. That Delf looks vascular asffff!

Epic art!

Where has that Mul been my whole life? #inspired to play one now, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!
For the love of Tektolnes, someone give that damned city elf a hunk of tallow and barrel of Byn mush to eat!