Author Topic: Help val's brother in law kick cancer in the effing face  (Read 100 times)

valeria

• I have a writing page.
Help val's brother in law kick cancer in the effing face
« on: May 03, 2021, 11:52:15 PM »
Shortly after we lost my dog to cancer this March, my sister's husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma.  He has good chances if he can get chemo.  But because we live in America, you can't just walk into a hospital and get treated for cancer, and because my sister moved to help my grandma after she was hospitalized with COVID, they're between two states' insurance plans.  tldr; my sister is fundraising to try to get her husband cancer treatment.

From my sister:

On May 15th I will be having a Lift Off to raise money for the additional costs of treatment and everything that goes with it. This is a very significant day to us. I will be taking pledges for how much weight I can lift. I expect between the 3 lifts to be between 700 and 750lbs. If you would like to make a pledge please fill out the Survey Monkey attached.

On Easter, while I was up in Michigan with Natalie, I received a call from Kevin that he went to urgent care for this chronic cough he had been suffering with for 6 months. He woke up and had some trouble breathing and his heart rate was in the 140s. At the urgent care they gave him a chest xray and immediately told him to go to the ER. They waived his fees for the visit. He went to the ER where they did more tests and told him he was in heart failure and had a few things going on in his chest. They thought maybe a collapsed lung or a mass on his lungs. They wanted to admit him. This meant that our 4 dogs would be stuck in their crates at home by themselves. I booked the first possible flight and flew back down to Florida. He was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins Lymphoma. They wanted to start treatment right away but being in between state residences and other factors, we have been experiencing insurance issues. We are now waiting on board approval for 3 different avenues of treatment. We sit here and wait.

It is hard for us to ask for help. We have always been the ones there to offer help when needed. These past 2 years have changed everything in our lives. While fighting cancer we still have our 8 year old and out 4 rescue dogs to take care of. I will be looking for part-time work as well to help supplement the income we will be losing with treatments and everything else going on

If you are in the Ocala area and would either like to lift with me or come cheer me and my fellow athletes on, let me know :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BCY96J8
Templars are basically if judge Dredd was a Cardassian

Aruven

Re: Help val's brother in law kick cancer in the effing face
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:40:28 AM »
Just did a "running for a kidney event this morning" for a married in family relative. ; thought about this and hope it's going well with support.