Selling Crafting Materials to NPC Shops

Started by Classclown, May 03, 2021, 05:26:45 AM

Would it be realistic for us to be able to sell materials to a shop/npc merchant that would need them to craft the items that they sell? Tallow to the chandler, hides+ to a weapon maker, etc...
The materials wouldn't be put up for sale, they would consumed, purchased for their own use and obviously with a limit for each type. I would think not to the GMH shops, don't want to hinder rp, or to the ones that seem like a trader, non-crafter type, but to the independent shopkeepers that make their own wares.
Just a thought.

It's not a bad idea.  Sounds like a reverse of the Storm shops.  Two problems I could see would be over hunting which can happen anyways and removing the RP of selling to independent crafters/GMH.

At any one time there's usually a non-GMH PCs that are looking for materials suppliers but finding them and matching playtimes can be rough.  GMH PCs are easier to find and usually buying.  The big disconnect seems to be loads of indy hunters up north and non-GMH crafters in Allanak but few want to handle the transportation logistics of it. 

May 03, 2021, 05:48:50 AM #2 Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 05:54:17 AM by Classclown
I meant the npc shops and loose folks wandering places like the bazarr, not pcs, with limits, like every shop has for buying things. You could even toss in some rp, if you like and if you don't mind talking to an npc that can't talk back.