Coercion, manipulation, and sex.

Started by mansa, April 19, 2021, 05:03:21 PM

Gotta be honest - Shadowing somebody into an apartment shouldn't be possible. And MAYBE, if it absolutely must remain, then in the helpfile for shadowing people, you are just told that you are automatically consenting by shadowing someone. I dunno. I understand and agree that if somebody hidden ooc consents yes or no, you SHOULDN'T respond differently, but ... boy, that's a hard sell sometimes.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I didn't know that you didn't have to consent if you're not visible... Well, that answers it!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Looks like the helpfile doesn't have the word visible in it anymore, so I might not have been right.

Shadowing someone into an apartment can be fine under certain situations, but those are few and far between.

April 27, 2021, 08:07:09 PM #178 Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:10:41 PM by Malken
code > common sense > doorway
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I think when this came up in the past, the answer was that it's fine to either OOC that you consent (or don't) consent, or to just consent by silence.  It's probably in the old thread about the change to the rape helpful.

If it was me and I really didn't want to be there or let folks know I was there, I'd just wish up and ask to be let out.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

If you end up in a situation where you're in an apartment where two or more PCs are about to 'get busy' and you are truly worried that they're going to go meta on you as soon as you respond, OR, if you don't want to disrupt their pending situation by responding, I would consider it entirely reasonable to wish up and explain the situation to staff. Whether or not someone is available who can assist is another issue, but playtimes seem to be pretty reliably covered across the board currently.
You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy. - Nightbirde