Author Topic: Help me identify two movies from my childhood  (Read 132 times)

slipshod

Help me identify two movies from my childhood
« on: April 18, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »
Hello community,

I have been struggling for YEARS to recall the names of two movies I used to watch as a kid.  I am going to try to crowdsource the solution here.

Movie #1 - Probably from the late 80s.  The main characters were a group of young teenagers, maybe 2 boys and 1 girl.  They might have rode bikes or skateboards.  Near the beginning of the movie the kids are hanging around the docks and they see a chain leading down into the water.  They pull the chain and bring up a crab cage that is full of stolen loot that thieves were trying to hide.  The thieves eventually find out the kids have their loot and chase them.  At once point the chase goes through a cemetery where the kids, or the thieves, or both are wearing latex Halloween monster masks.

Movie #2 - Probably early 80s.  Something akin to Escape from Witch Mountain.  Two kids are lost on a mountain.  One of the kids has a puzzle with interlocking metal hoops, and the object of the puzzle is to separate the hoops.  All through the movie the kid cannot solve the puzzle.  At the end of the movie (Spoilers) the big bad guy falls over a ledge and grabs one of the hoops.  He is about to pull the kid over the edge with him, but the kid finally figures out how to solve the puzzle, detaches the hoop, and the bad guy falls to his death.

I hope that rings some bells for someone!
“Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.”

-Aaron Burr

mansa

Re: Help me identify two movies from my childhood
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 09:33:45 AM »
It doesn't... but.. I grew up in Canada and we had a lot of Canadian content.

I suggest to post on Reddit here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one