Make up an interesting lie

Started by Lotion, April 09, 2021, 08:36:43 AM

Quote from: Tisiphone on May 14, 2022, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: Fredd on May 14, 2022, 07:23:28 PM
There are so many dick items in the game that they can't be accessed outside of a special room for staff, or they would spam every search. This room is called the "Cock Cave."

Incorrect. It is known as the Den of Defilement.

There was a movement among some staff to call it the Cove of Cock for a while, but the Irish contingent revolted.

LOL
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Shabago was a deep cover operative of the newest sort, a Turing complete AI sent to subvert the American economy.   At last metrics check, we have reversed its mission, turning it away from socially useful work to useful work for deviancy.

Welcome, comrade!  Its a brand new dawn in Babylon!
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

June 09, 2022, 03:52:51 PM #152 Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 03:54:41 PM by Halcyon
A role call is being prepared for an entirely new kind of pc.   Code named SimMastermind, this project would introduce a new guild into the game with several entirely new skills.    A 'catch' is that every character like this must have an agreed list of goals and needs when approved, and the only way any of their skills grow is by successful reports to staff on those goals.

Alongside the usual combat skills, utility, etc, there are:

Minion - one or more minions, with increasing upkeep costs and power levels.  Can be used on a long timer, with sufficient resources to generate an additional group of monsters or npcs as a commandable mercenary unit.
Lair - access to a location.  Higher scores include water, food, guardians, multiple exits, etc.
Resources - everything from equipment to poisons, craftable wood, a growing plant, etc.
Territory - The range from their lair and claimed territory that the role is allowed to wander in the course of normal play.

This system will introduce wider options for karma, as well.  Playing most monster roles will be 2 karma, minimum.  The base animal herd will be something like a raptor pack, where the critters have at least half giant levels of cunning.

This system will also include the ability to apply for a family or clan.    A small new desert elf family will be 1 karma.  A gith warband will be 2 karma.  A small mantis clutch will be 3 karma.   Only one such family role-group will be allowed at a time in the game.   

Playing all such adversary rules will include an understanding that the players will likely not 'win' in the long run.

An unexpected eclipse hid the black moon from the sky for two days.  Wise elders everywhere whispered over such a powerful omen, until word spreads that two Silver Scorpions of House Tor had been operating outside the city. 

Then everyone knew the cause.  The black moon had hidden in fear.

Quote from: Halcyon on June 10, 2022, 04:11:06 PM
An unexpected eclipse hid the black moon from the sky for two days.  Wise elders everywhere whispered over such a powerful omen, until word spreads that two Silver Scorpions of House Tor had been operating outside the city. 

Then everyone knew the cause.  The black moon had hidden in fear.
This is why the black moon is not visible at night, it's afraid of the Crimson Wind

All half-elves are left-handed. (I actually dreamed this last night.)
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

There exist infinitely many "blue moss" items that can exist in the game. Every time someone obtains a a blue moss item there is a small probability to roll on the "semi unique blue moss" table and from there it is possible to roll for the game to dynamically generate a new blue moss item which will then be added onto the "semi unique blue moss" table.

if an elf is subdued, overpowered and moved at least one room, they must commit ritual suicide.   The elders all agree, otherwise, elves would be mounted on stumps and half giants in no time at all.

A third city state is slowly being readied for release.  A singleminded, iscrutable dwarved sorcerer rules that far off place, using any human spellcaster found as breeding stock for the elementalist mul templars that form the ruling class of this place.

Long since tiring of elven games, this sorceror-king has ejected all elves from his land, instead bringing a mantis clutch to heel as his border patrols.  A scorched ring of death serves as their territory, a no mans land the terrified slave population knows better than try cross.

The new desert elf plot will thus naturally give way to a struggle against a mantis pc clan.

Echri was a woman before ascending to dragonhood.

Lotion was an AI before descending to humanhood.

Lirathu and Jihae are dragons

The Sun Runners actually run the sun around the planet once per day.  There are a team of them that take turns, much like the carrying of the Olympic torch IRL.

Fire ants are direct genetic descendants of kanks. They were mutated by proximity to an entrance to the plane of Suk-Krath and thus became immune to the disease.

As Ai are quite literally born of and formed of language, Ginka has grown with a potentially fatal allergy to bad grammar.   Hestia has been retained on staff as one of the very first AI-focused medical technicians.

The sand lord is a woman with many arms whose tree of life is located somewhere south past the silt.

Moderated out a few of these posts as too close to the truth. Careful, people.

No I didn't. That's the lie. Wasn't it interesting?

jozhals can't talk
jozhals don't hoard gems in strange burrows made of metal
jozhals don't use magic
"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."

Quote from: tiny rainbow on October 31, 2022, 02:17:51 PM
jozhals can't talk
jozhals don't hoard gems in strange burrows made of metal
jozhals don't use magic

Careful. You're getting close to having your post moderated.

Cannibalism related cooking recipes have quietly been released into the game.   To support other recent content, the freshly harvested raw heart of each pc race will cure a corresponding poison.   

In related news, a rolecall has been opened for a House Fale Master Chef aide.

November 11, 2022, 02:15:57 PM #170 Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:56:08 PM by Halcyon
Staff is considering a for pay RPT and animation model.   Employing only paid workers in India, each hour of RPT will specifically support and be supported by six players.   This will require a fee of a dollar per player per hour.  This will cover both rpt time and the required, unscheduled prep time.

Additionally players will be given the option to gift hours of RPT to other players as an addition in the usual kudos process.

An apothecary has turned up recently, going by the name of Morphamos. It's said that he offers two types of cures, one being red tablets, and the others blue. Those who take the red have been reported as giving him their blind loyalty after. Those who imbibe the blue have reported long-lasting, skellebain-type effects of living in a perfect world, far and away from normal Allanaki life.

A new character generation option is being tested.  It allows zero karma pcs to be generated, with no subguild allowed, who can choose their exact stat placement from a pool of points.   As with many game systems, the highest point totals in a stat cost more than one point each, and the lowest give small cost savings.

If you are watching someone while they use the teach command on you you get a gains boost.

The reason your inix will do canned emotes at such opportune times is because there is a 24/7 shift which is always staffed where someone must monitor every room containing an inix.