How Accents Sound

Started by Robespierre, March 03, 2021, 05:12:35 PM

Peeks at this thread

If anyone says we are culture appropriating here I am part Arabic*, African, Indigenous Indian, East Indian*, and 5 flavors of European and I'm not offended by people drawing inspiration from some of the cultures I belong to in this game.

I recall I was a grade schooler trying to teach myself Arabic script when I first found Armageddon and it was possible my culture is what BROUGHT me here.

And I know we have Eastern European and Asian players so, um, like, literally everything we are joking about, key word JOKING, um, like, a friendly way, joking about in a good hearted way, just JOKING about here is totes, um, representative and not, um, appropriative or disrespectful. Or, like, something like that! Oh gosh.

It is fine to draw inspiration and parallels if you do not push it offensively, and we are mostly just musing here!

* I know you might have heard me rant about being half Puerto Rican forever but they just updated my results to be more granular and apparently I am the sort of 'Rican with Arabic and East Indian ancestry, my dad always told me we had Arabic ancestry growing up and its cool to see it genetically sequenced and confirmed!
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Oh, also I am a full time Hashashin and if I ever speak with a hash laced accent IG it's because of all this smoke
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Quote from: X-D on March 06, 2021, 02:50:07 AM
Inuit, very staccato language and when speaking other languages native inuit speakers remain very staccato.

Thank god I knew I wasn't crazy. Yupik is even more accurate than Chinese to what I hear in my head.

Quote from: Inks on March 06, 2021, 07:29:54 AM
I also hear tribal as arabic bedouin. Nice one :) Is canon now.

I mean it's even called bendune, so I'm pretty sure that was the intention, hah.

Nakki sound like brits, the higherclass you are the more posh, Yarochi sound like Aussies, so do people from Storm. Southern tribal accents sound either middle-eastern or african, and northern tribals sound german or russian, Tuluki northern sounds like french and people from Luirs sound like they're dutch.

When I think about it, and not kidding, I think d-elves sound more Indian than tribals.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Inks on March 04, 2021, 02:47:37 AM
Northern accent I always hear it as Amish or Dutch accent for whatever reason.
I personally expected Northern to be more refined than Dutch...  ;D
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness