Top 7 Armageddon-esque Movies

Started by mansa, March 02, 2021, 04:22:28 PM

Disney's Treasure Planet also has some Arm-esque feeling in terms of adventure and someone young having to be on a crew of salty and bitter veterans.

April 29, 2021, 06:36:31 PM #26 Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:04:21 PM by mansa
I just finished watching "Blood SOMETHING and Bone" on Netflix, and the part about the Magickers being shunned by society was pretty Zalanthas like.  It is new (2021) so I suggest to watch it!  Only 8 episodes.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I haven't seen the "Blood and Bone" Mansa mentioned, but the "Shadow and Bone" on Netflix was also an excellent watch and a perfect example of why a shadow elementalists would be overpowered if they had sorcery too.

i think mansa meant shadow and bone, you should go watch shadow and bone, right now

Mid 80's movie with a young Dennis Quaid called 'Enemy Mine'. Lots of the landscape and even the creatures are very Zalanthan imho.
Even could see the plot happening, with an elf or something instead of an alien, but yea. Two sworn enemies stranded together learning to be quasi friends just so they can both survive.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

Dune.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: JohnMichaelHenry on June 16, 2021, 01:40:15 PM
Mid 80's movie with a young Dennis Quaid called 'Enemy Mine'. Lots of the landscape and even the creatures are very Zalanthan imho.
Even could see the plot happening, with an elf or something instead of an alien, but yea. Two sworn enemies stranded together learning to be quasi friends just so they can both survive.

Enemy Mine is a great flick!
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean