What should I do if I don't want to play my character anymore?

Started by Maso, February 20, 2021, 03:54:46 AM

Just wondering what is the expected/proper process in this scenario and what are the possible outcomes?

Thanks! :)
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Send in a request! Worst case: stored. Best case: amazing death by sewer horror at a designated time and date.

But really, if you're struggling in your role, we get it. There's never shame in tapping out of a character that you're not enjoying. We've all been there, and we're to help (kill you).

At the end of the day ArmageddonMUD is a game, if you're not having fun with your pc then it's not fulfilling its purpose. Move on to a new pc! You can store or if fading away into the night isn't the end you foresaw for your pc there's usually a staff member available to 'spice it up.' I once splattered someone's face with a wagon wheel that rolled away after a crash!

In the event that you're in a sponsored role/leader in particular, it's always nice to communicate with your clan staff so they can prep for filling the void you may leave in a clan, if you have ongoing plots maybe try to wrap them up or pass the torch if you can, not always possible but something to think on. These aren't REQUIRED but they're considerate to your fellow players and staff that may have invested time/energy in what your pc/story.

What I don't like to see personally, emptying your bank account for the bros. Stirring up trouble/spilling the beans on a damaging secret/taking a punch at someone after submitting your storage request (it comes off as avoiding repercussions for ic actions and robs other players of taking a shot back AT you.)