Idea: Prosthetic Wear Locations

Started by Mellifera, February 11, 2021, 06:21:20 AM

February 11, 2021, 06:21:20 AM Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:25:05 PM by Mellifera
I wrote a long frivolous thing here about how I think it would be cool if prosthetics were items, but they are. I have no idea why I imagined an entire system that never existed. I think I'm losing it. Anyway I've edited this post now to be more succinct.

I think it would be interesting if you could wear clothing over prosthetic items, making them potentially things you could hide, or that could be armoured or otherwise adorned. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that a prosthetic hand means you can no longer wear bracelets, or a prosthetic leg means tights are out of the question. Similar to the under-foot location for socks, you could have a prosthetics location for each limb section (that you could reasonably lose and survive) that rests under each normal wear location, and as a result could have clothes worn over it. A right and left prosthetic-foot, prosthetic-leg, prosthetic-eye, prosthetic-arm, and prosthetic-hand come to mind immediately. Maybe you could even have one for each individual finger and toe, or ear and nose.

This does sound like something that might be code intensive though, so those who are familiar with coding for armageddon, or DikuMUD in general: I'm curious how difficult of an endeavour this would actually be.

if you go west from the base change ldesc room they sell prosthetic items, not sure if that's what you had in mind

February 11, 2021, 12:58:41 PM #2 Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 01:19:23 PM by Mellifera
Quote from: Lotion on February 11, 2021, 07:19:22 AM
if you go west from the base change ldesc room they sell prosthetic items, not sure if that's what you had in mind

Damn, I honestly thought those acted like scars or tattoos, and not items. I've been playing for quite a while, I'm actually not sure why I thought that. I feel dumb! Regardless, prosthetic wear locations would still be valuable in my opinion for the sake of being able to wear items over them. If you had a prosthetic leg, it stands to reason that you should be able to wear leg clothes over it.

Anyway, I edited the main post now to make more sense and to cut it down to the remaining idea. Despite playing for years, it seems like I just imagined an entire system of tattoo prosthetics that doesn't and has never existed.

Pretty cool. You remove the glove and reveal a wooden hand. Like it!

Agreed, +1, I would consider this a QOL fix because it would eliminate "accidental" roleplay like, "Why aren't you wearing shoes? Oh."
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.