Author Topic: Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?  (Read 2085 times)

musashi

Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?
« on: February 05, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Hey there,

Recently reconnected with a couple of Arm folks from the old days and we're looking at playing a Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition game homebrewed for a Zalanthas/Dark Sun type world setting. Figured I'd hop back onto the forums here and see if anyone else is still around and might want to participate.

I'll be running it, it'll be done via Discord and a virtual table top software system called Fantasy Grounds (you don't have to buy anything, it's free for the players to use).

If you're interested shoot me a DM here.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Brytta Léofa

Re: Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
MUSASHI MY FRENEMY OF OLD

You need to roll up a character.

Arm is more adult-friendly (shuddup) than ever.
Every noble house in Allanak just opened up.
Magick is now via subguild, which is in fact an awesome change for the better.
Hacking up motherfuckers with bone swords is done.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

musashi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 02:40:55 PM »
MUSASHI MY FRENEMY OF OLD

You need to roll up a character.

Arm is more adult-friendly (shuddup) than ever.
Every noble house in Allanak just opened up.
Magick is now via subguild, which is in fact an awesome change for the better.
Hacking up motherfuckers with bone swords is done.

Ehhhh I'm back in the states now managing a robotics plant for a Japanese manufacturer ... I eh ... don't really have the time sink anymore to do the MUD thing. But a once a week table top game with old friends would be really cool!

mansa

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »
I'm already in two games, and raiding the shadowlands in World of Warcraft.   Sorry bud, maybe in 6 months?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Marauder Moe

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »

musashi

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 03:49:46 PM »

This sandwich is immortal.

Is Friday

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »
Hey there,

Recently reconnected with a couple of Arm folks from the old days and we're looking at playing a Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition game homebrewed for a Zalanthas/Dark Sun type world setting. Figured I'd hop back onto the forums here and see if anyone else is still around and might want to participate.

I'll be running it, it'll be done via Discord and a virtual table top software system called Fantasy Grounds (you don't have to buy anything, it's free for the players to use).

OMFG, I'm so down in a few months from now. I'm DMing two, playing in 2 (one on stream which requires actual player prep.)

What day of the week are we talking?
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

musashi

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
Hey there,

OMFG, I'm so down in a few months from now. I'm DMing two, playing in 2 (one on stream which requires actual player prep.)

I'm thinking Saturday, ideally around noon or so to keep the time zone friendly to as wide a demographic as possible.

Is Friday

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
Hey there,

I'm thinking Saturday, ideally around noon or so to keep the time zone friendly to as wide a demographic as possible.
I am a for sure in the future. Let's do it!
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

musashi

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 06:50:54 PM »
Sure man. I'll PM you my discord details.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
MUSHMUSH! Holy crap, I thought you were dead. Hi! I'd be all over this, but I'm also playing a biweekly D&D game with Fnord, Belgoikiss, and Ghost of yore. I'm super interested in the Zalanthan world in a D&D setting. Any chance you'd stream it and let us listen in?
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Tuannon

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »
Did you catch up with Spyguy about this? I'm down if the time zone difference isn't too egregious and I don't have other things to do during the day on Sunday.

Also... Hi Ourla
Emperor, your sword is useless
Shattered crowns so swiftly
Fragile as the scythe

musashi

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
MUSHMUSH! Holy crap, I thought you were dead. Hi! I'd be all over this, but I'm also playing a biweekly D&D game with Fnord, Belgoikiss, and Ghost of yore. I'm super interested in the Zalanthan world in a D&D setting. Any chance you'd stream it and let us listen in?

Ourla! You ... you still in contact with Ghost!?!?!?! Put me in touch with him!!!!!

As for the streaming, I think it depends on how the people playing feel about it. I'm doing the session zero this Saturday to talk basics But hit me up so we can reconnect! I have so many fond memories of loafing around your apartment for a week!

musashi

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
Did you catch up with Spyguy about this? I'm down if the time zone difference isn't too egregious and I don't have other things to do during the day on Sunday.

Also... Hi Ourla

It would be a Saturday or Sunday game so I'm hoping a good time zone could be found for everyone so long as we have folks who have boring 9-5 weekends off jobs like myself.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 03:32:41 PM »
Wish I didn't already have two tabletop games going, or I'd be all over this. Good to see old faces back.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

musashi

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 07:55:33 PM »
Wish I didn't already have two tabletop games going, or I'd be all over this. Good to see old faces back.

Yeah I know exactly how that is. I'm already running one and playing in another, so running 2 is basically my hard limit. Good to see the old folks are still puttering around  ;D

LindseyBalboa

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »
I'm down 100% once I finish setting up some stuff at work. A month or two.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

musashi

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 11:00:51 AM »
I'm down 100% once I finish setting up some stuff at work. A month or two.

Sure. We've got some folks together and we're starting our first game this upcoming weekend. Check in, in a few months and we'll see if a spot's open.

musashi

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 12:49:37 AM »
Well, the initial setup for the table top is looking quite nice  :)

I sort of had to teach myself some basic xml code in order to edit the virtual table top's less UI end user friendly assets like the in game calendar feature, in order to make it more Zalanthan.

Had to shorten the days in the year down a bit though because the virtual table top's time tracking code seems hard coded for 24 hour days in a way I don't have the know-how to change and having that many 24 hour days in the year (instead of 9) would just throw off every single mention of time's passage everywhere else. But it's a small modification.

We'll see how it feels to play this Saturday!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:54:23 AM by musashi »

Tuannon

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 03:30:42 AM »
So do I proceed as if 'Not Contacted, not playing'?
Emperor, your sword is useless
Shattered crowns so swiftly
Fragile as the scythe

musashi

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
So do I proceed as if 'Not Contacted, not playing'?

Didn't I reply to you in the posts above?

You can reach out to me directly on discord at drmusmus#8730 and I can get you plugged into the server.

musashi

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
Mini Update: Got a great group of 4 together and we just kicked off the start of the first adventure last Saturday, after a couple sessions of just putzing around the world getting a feel for how we want to handle mechanics, travel, people getting a feel for their PC's, etc.

I'm either going to record them and post links here or write narratives in short story format and post those here as well like Ghost of Yore did with that battle of the two templars story that he never ... finished ....  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Riev

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 03:38:58 PM »
I love these updates very much.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »
So I'd be all for playing, but I just cannot get into playing online/virtual.  I've tried to play and also run a couple, but it just isn't the same for me sadly.  I am very interested in hearing about updates for certain though.  I wish you the best with it!
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

musashi

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 09:39:40 PM »
So I'd be all for playing, but I just cannot get into playing online/virtual.  I've tried to play and also run a couple, but it just isn't the same for me sadly.  I am very interested in hearing about updates for certain though.  I wish you the best with it!

No worries. Everyone's got their own preference. For me it was the complete opposite, the virtual table top software made visuals (battle maps, images etc) a lot easier to supply and manage, and the more rules heavy, dice heavy sections of the game that could really bog down a session got stream lined and automated, leaving me free to focus more on narrative without needing to pick one or the other. It was win, win, win.

I um ... I did download a program and tried to record this last Saturday's session but sadly, the recording stopped halfway through because my computer ran out of memory ... because the recording was 87 FRICKING GIGS AFTER JUST ONE HOUR!!! Soooo I'm obviously going to need to do a bit more research/training on how to capture footage in an effective manner this week so the session can actually be recorded and uploaded for the next game. For this last Saturday we'll just have to get by with a brief narrative summary that I'll start writing tomorrow.

musashi

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 11:52:20 AM »
Alrighty,

Hopefully the game this upcoming weekend can just be recorded and uploaded for anyone who wants to listen in, but for now; a few brief blurbs capturing some moments from the last game in narrative format.

--

That noise. That high pitched chitter, like the death throes of a pack of children, drilled into the soft spot at the base of Zaida’s skull and twisted. How long had she been up here? The adrenaline was gone, and Suk-Krath’s unrelenting glare had long since sapped her strength. Her breath now came in quick, panicked gasps, short and shallow. She reached for the stone that lay beside her, it felt heavy in the curve of her fingers, and slick with blood. Hers? Theirs? Her kin? Time to wonder wasn’t among her current assets. The wounded erdlu in her peripheral bleated anxiously; scared and crying for her to somehow make it all better. She wanted to cry too, but instead, she fit the stone into the cradle of her dejada, sucked in a gulp of hot, dry air, and flung it at the clamoring, gibbering creatures below.

--

“Krath damnit can you cut that out!?” Abir barked at the giant whose massive shadow he currently walked within. Well, a half-giant technically, but contrasted against his own dwarven stature he may as well have been. Thorokk stopped humming and looked down at the upset little man, his fleshy brow furrowing with bemusement.
   “Easy Abir, easy-” Thaldor said into the narrow silence between the two, “He lost people too.”
   “Well singing about it’s a shit way to cope.” Abir spit back. He turned away, and continued following the trail the storm had left. Thorokk’s face relaxed, and his attention swayed to the other little dwarf.
   “My last crew always sang, Nolty said it was good for the spirit.” the giant’s voice was low and deep, like two churning stones ground slowly against one another inside a well.
   “Nolty’s dead.” Came Thaldor’s dour reply. “So’s our whole tribe. Just- keep quiet and carry the water.” Thorokk cleared his throat and adjusted his grip on the barrel; he didn’t need to be too careful with it, there wasn’t much left in there to spill.
   “Reckon we’re dead too then.” he said, matter of fact; but the insight went unappreciated by the dwarves. They were scanning the scrub, looking for any bit of obsidian they could spot, either in the dirt or embedded in a gnarled tree or bush. The shards were razor thin and just as sharp; left scattered in the storm’s wake.

--

“Fucking gith.” Abir moaned. He squinted at the bright sky above; from his vantage point, flat on his back, it filled his vision completely with its vast open and cloudless expanse. It was a welcome reprieve, brief … but welcome. His head lulled to the side and with it, his vision plummeted back to earth. They weren’t really gith, too small and not half as cunning, but there were some similarities. Their little backs bowed and hunched like gith, their skin was just as ruddy and flecked with scales; they even had a vaguely similar snout. But whatever these beasts were, they were corpses now; littering the hard packed scrabble around him.
   “We thought you were dead.” Thaldor said, he sat atop a large rock packing his pipe with a stubby thumb.
   “... so did I.” Zaida replied. Her muscles ached, and her head was still spinning from the heat but at least the noise was gone. “They’re not so tough after all.” she mused, but her attention was on the canvas in her lap, she was clutching a length of charcoal in a shaky hand and feverishly sketching.
   “Well-” Thaldor began, his gaze surveying the aftermath of the fight that had proven to be her rescue till it stopped on the half-giant, face down in the dust. “Still dangerous if they can swarm ya.” He was alive, thanks to some timely field care, but all those little bites and stabs were apt to leave their share of scars.
   “Where the hell’d he even come from?” Zaida asked.
   “Found him in a wrecked out wagon, looks like the storm got his folk too.” Abir replied as he forced himself to sit up. “We doubled back and found them but-” he frowned, pushed himself to his feet and coughed a bit of blood and flehm onto the ground, “Didn’t see you laying with the rest, so we followed the storm’s wake till it broke with the erdlu’s tracks. Glad we got here when we did.”
   “That wasn’t a storm.” Zaida said. The other dwarves raised their hairless brows in unison, and she tossed the canvas onto the ground between them. The sketch was crude, but effective enough to convey the visage of an enormous face within a swirling tempest of sand, wind and rocky shrapnel. It was made from the storm, a part of it, and if her artistic license was any indication to go by, it was angry. “That wasn’t …” she repeated, “... a storm.”
   “Fucking gith-” the half-giant groaned, breaking the awkward silence of the moment as he rolled onto his side, kicking up a small dust cloud in the process. Abir grimaced, “Shit, he’ll be saying that forever now.”
   “Can we even keep it?” Zaida asked, “I don’t know if we can spare the rations.” Thaldor, having finally gotten the pipe to light, drew a deep puff, “Let’s salt that field when we get there. He can carry more than the erdlu, and he’s more help in a fight. If we end up needing extra meat-” he gave the bird a nod.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:49:59 PM by musashi »

Maso

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 12:17:51 PM »
Omg. I love it. Keep us updated!!
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

williamson

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »
Did you set the game in Zalanthas, Dark Sun, or a homebrew?
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

musashi

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 08:00:25 PM »
Did you set the game in Zalanthas, Dark Sun, or a homebrew?

It's set in an earlier iteration of Zalanthas with a couple of home-brew changes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 08:10:26 PM by musashi »

Barsook

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2021, 05:23:22 AM »
Which era?

musashi

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 09:05:47 AM »
At a glance:

• Tuluk still has the Lirathan and Jihaen templarate orders and isn't closed off to the world.
  • The Grey Forest is still infested with halflings, not kyrl (they're still in their original habitat).
  • Kanks didn't die out (a player request, I never saw kanks in game).
  • Psionics are much less prevalent (basically only mindbenders have the talent, not everyone).
  • Allanak doesn't let mages wear the gem and otherwise get on with life, the gem completely suppresses magical ability and the elementalist quarter is a concentration camp within the city they can never leave.
  • Kurac is still in full control of Luirs.
  • Red Storm East is just a farming village you can actually go to.
  • The calendar got adjusted to make the days 24 hours long instead of 9, which resulted in the days in a year also needing to be trimmed down so that things like average life spans etc still made sense in a greater context.

The era, generally speaking, is the time period I was playing Armageddon back around the late 2000's, tweaked here and there to the group's preferences.

I set up an online wiki I've been steadily filling in with the details as we comb over them so the players can have access to the world lore outside of the gaming sessions.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:23:32 AM by musashi »

Barsook

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 12:40:28 PM »
Way cool on the wiki!

musashi

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 01:09:31 PM »
Way cool on the wiki!

Technology is gooooooood.

Aruven

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2021, 12:59:23 AM »
Ourla and Musashi. Blast from the past.

musashi

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »
Alrighty so here are the narrative blurbs from the last session.

“Again.” Kevac watched the young boy’s face compress into a grimace as he began to count.
   “One. Two.” Each word punctuated with a thrust of his hand into the sand filling the clay basin before him, fingers straight and rigid like a knife’s edge, “Three … four …” one hand and then the other, “Fiv-argh-e.” Blood was blossoming on the tips of every finger, like stains of ink a slave scribe might acquire; but they weren’t new. Those had been coaxed out of him an hour ago.
   “Again.” Kevac told him, but the boy recoiled from the basin as if it had struck him.
   “I can’t!” he pleaded.
   “Can’t or won’t?” Kevac softly inquired.
   “Does it make a difference!?” the young boy asked, an edge of frustration in his voice.
   “For the purposes of punishment and posterity, yes.” Kevac answered dryly back, eliciting a pitiful moan from the child as his frustration melted into apprehension.
   “It’s not working.” He protested, “It doesn’t matter how much positive thinking I do it still hurts!” Kevac’s lips curled into a smile of minute proportions.
   “Who said thinking positively would do anything about that?”
   “Well- Faithful Lord Ardjas.” The boy replied, sounding suddenly unsure. Kevac stepped toward the basin and tugged a crimson leather glove from his hand,
   “Nonsense. Positive thinking isn’t going to solve any of your problems.” He ran his fingers along the surface of the sand lazily, “Ardjas only does it because it annoys enough people to make it worth the effort. See-“ he rubbed his fingers together, brushing away the grit, “That face, you’re annoyed already.” Before the lad’s mouth could open, the door to the training chamber did and a slave inked in the colors of the blood moon of Jihae stepped quietly through. “Yes?” Kevac said expectantly.
   “Faithful Lord, Sergeant Kemmit has requested your attention in the Rest. Four nomads have asked for audience. They claim to have news of a threat from the western scrubs.”
   “What sort of threat?” Kevac asked. The slave said nothing as he lowered his head, eyes cast to the floor. “I see.” The templar took his lirapet from its wall mount and slung it comfortably across his back. “Again.” He told the boy, “Until I return.”

Alystear enjoyed her private gardens, small though they were. If she were of the mind she could walk them wall to wall in twenty steps but with the lush and bushy foliage arranged just so around the marble table in its center she could sit, sip tea and almost pretend it was another time and place. A vibrant time, like those she read about in the histories, when the world was whole. But all the carefully curated vegetation in the world couldn’t hide the hot, dry air. It lingered, a proverbial fly in the ointment of her suspension of disbelief. She took a small sip, savoring the sweet taste of marilla.
   “Three dwarves, you say?” she set the ivory tea cup down.
   “Yes Faithful Lady. And a half-giant they salvaged from the wreckage of the storm’s passing.” Answered the ghostly apparition from across the table.
   “Is it interesting at all?”
   “It came from the south, muscle for a gang of no consequence. They died with the storm’s passing.”
   “And this storm?”
   “They aren’t the first to have reported it, only the first to have been close enough to glean its nature and survive. Brother Kevac suggested patroning their return to the Scrubs to track till it roosts.”
   “If roost it indeed does. And these dwarves take kindly to being patroned?”
   “With a minimal amount of persuasion. One should suffice.”
   “Not the giant.” She ran a finger over the rim of her cup. “There’s no attachment there.”
   “Of course. Shall I tell Brother Kevac to proceed?”
   “Yes, and keep me informed of any further developments.”
   “Of course, Faithful Lady.” The ghostly visage didn’t vanish, for it hadn’t really ever been at all. That was just the way of things.
   “More tea.” Alystear said, speaking aloud for the first time in hours.
   “Yes, Faithful Lady.” Came the white clad slave’s reply as she stepped forward with the pitcher. Alystear ignored her as she poured, her mind already miles away.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:56:32 PM by musashi »

musashi

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »
New recap:

“I think I’ll go have another look in the Grey, see if she missed anything.” Kelmin abruptly informed no one in particular.
   “Fuck off elf.” Came Abir’s predictable reply, mimicked soon after by Thorokk.
   “Half-giants and stumps,” he thought to himself while getting to his feet, “Can’t expect either one to have enough creativity for an original insult.” This was all wrong. A few days ago he’d have rather driven bone shards into his heels than run with outsiders, but that was before the storm. Visions of his tribe mates flared behind his eyes; screams, blood, the mutilated remains left by the its passing and the wild chittering of the storm bringers that followed to feast on them. He grimaced, and forcefully buried the memories back into their shallow grave. “They’ve a right to be restless,” he told himself bitterly, “Till vengeance is done.” He ran north for nearly half an hour at a brisk pace along the forest’s edge, he wanted to be well and away from his newfound “friends”. Once he was confident, they couldn’t have followed he veered left, deeper into the wood but not too deeply in, he didn’t have to.
   The browns, greens and dull grays of the foliage were beautiful in a stark, broken sort of way but Kelmin wasn’t looking. It wasn’t their beauty he needed. He picked a spot near a short, gnarled tree with a collection of scrubs sheltering beneath it and closed his eyes. His mind cleared and he opened his mouth to draw in a deep breath. As he did so, his pattern opened as well, hungrily taking in the life energies of the world around him. It came in a rush, a torrent, raw and untamed; fire burned in his veins, his head reeled with vertigo, his muscles spasmed and twitched as the tempest of creation washed over him, threatening to carry him away. And then it was over, gone as abruptly as it had come, leaving behind only a soft ringing in his ears. His eyes opened, and his pattern closed. He stepped out of the ash that had once been the vegetation around him and dusted himself off with meticulous care. Satisfied, he set off at a run back to the encampment. Whoever was behind the storm, they should have stuck to round ears in the scrubs. Vengeance would be his.

Here's a few screen shots of how things are getting on.

The world map, and the party's current location within it.

The area they're in, zoomed in to a regional scale.

Fighting some of the aforementioned storm runners in the scrub plains.

A couple maps I made for the game thus far.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:35:26 AM by musashi »

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2021, 11:43:28 AM »
God damn it. We need like buttons.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Shaydee

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2021, 01:32:26 PM »
God damn it. We need like buttons.

+1 ×1000
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

th3kaiser

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2021, 02:01:29 PM »
Fuck off elf.

musashi

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2021, 11:54:47 AM »
   "Just a dead end!" Thorokk blurted in what might pass for a conversational tone among half-giants, but to Zaida's ears the creature may as well have been shouting. She was surprised it wasn't echoing off the cave walls. He was right though, the large hole they had slid down ended some twenty feet later in a nondescript cavern chamber with smooth walls, an uneven ceiling and freshly upturned rocky soil beneath their feet; the torchlight made their shadows dance.
   "Let's go then." she offered back, "I think this is as deep as the caverns go." As she turned to leave her mind had already rushed back to the cave's mouth, where the raiders' corpses still littered the ground. Something had killed them ahead of their arrival, and something had left that krath cursed quartz sphere in the tarantula dens further in. The way it had twisted that spider ... something ... was killing men, and turning beasts into monsters. When the loose earth underfoot exploded from behind it made her heart leap into her throat and she spun in a panic as Thorokk screamed. She was ready to face the witch responsible for it all, ready to avenge her dead kin or die trying; grimly accepting of the fact that it would most likely be the latter.

Relief flooded in when she realized it wasn't the witch they'd been tracking that had ahold of Thorokk, soon replaced with icy fear when she realized what it was instead. The anakore was smaller than its prey, but larger than a man and thrashing wildly, pulling the half-giant to the ground where it could straddle him. Abir was on it in an instant, bellowing as he stabbed his spear repeatedly into its back but its scales were thick, and it was already digging. Folaria and Kelmin, that damned elf she was fairly sure was responsible for some portion of this, rushed down the hole to support them. It only took them seconds, but by the time they made it to the chamber both the half-giant and the anakore were gone. All that remained was softly undulating dirt and the faint murmurs of muffled screams beneath the ground.
   "What ha-"
   "Shut up!" Zaida hissed, cutting Kelmin's question short. "Nobody speak. Nobody move." All but Abir obeyed, he was digging furiously at the indentation underfoot, calloused hands bringing up fist-fulls of rock and sand in a futile effort to give chase. There was no trying to reason with him, so Zaida threw aside her own direction and fell to her knees next to him, forming her hands into a bowl with which to scoop the soil up and toss it to the side. "This is pointless," she said as they dug. And she was right; they didn't need to chase the anakore, it was coming back for them.

Hey everybody. Sorry for not getting an update out sooner; it isn't because the game is sputtering out. It's actually quite he opposite. I'm now running two of them. Now, in addition to our rag-tag group of tribal survivors hunting for the source of their collective people's ruin in the Scrub Plains of Gol Krathu, I'll also be spinning stories for a group of unlikely friends living on the shores of the silt sea down in Red Storm.

It's actually been quite a bit of prep work to flesh the world out, de-virtualize it and bring it to life on my end, hence the delays between updates. The storm chasers, as the first group has been christened, managed to escape the anakore with the exception of Thorokk, who had the distinguished honor of being the first PC to bite the dust; and they made their way back to the Dol-Takar Outpost to lick their wounds and plan. Which brings us to the Outpost:

A de-virtualized frontier settlement straddling the borders of the Grey Forest, the Tablelands and the Scrub Plains with a boom town kind of feel. I think I'm going to use this as the base of operations for the party for the next several adventures. I just have to go build a similar (but larger) setup now for Red Storm Village so that game's players have a port to call home.

Thanks everyone for the interest!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 02:45:48 PM by musashi »