Author Topic: Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?  (Read 2087 times)

musashi

Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?
« on: February 05, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
Hey there,

Recently reconnected with a couple of Arm folks from the old days and we're looking at playing a Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition game homebrewed for a Zalanthas/Dark Sun type world setting. Figured I'd hop back onto the forums here and see if anyone else is still around and might want to participate.

I'll be running it, it'll be done via Discord and a virtual table top software system called Fantasy Grounds (you don't have to buy anything, it's free for the players to use).

If you're interested shoot me a DM here.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Brytta Léofa

Re: Want to Play Armageddon Via Table Top?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 02:01:07 PM »
MUSASHI MY FRENEMY OF OLD

You need to roll up a character.

Arm is more adult-friendly (shuddup) than ever.
Every noble house in Allanak just opened up.
Magick is now via subguild, which is in fact an awesome change for the better.
Hacking up motherfuckers with bone swords is done.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

musashi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 02:40:55 PM »
MUSASHI MY FRENEMY OF OLD

You need to roll up a character.

Arm is more adult-friendly (shuddup) than ever.
Every noble house in Allanak just opened up.
Magick is now via subguild, which is in fact an awesome change for the better.
Hacking up motherfuckers with bone swords is done.

Ehhhh I'm back in the states now managing a robotics plant for a Japanese manufacturer ... I eh ... don't really have the time sink anymore to do the MUD thing. But a once a week table top game with old friends would be really cool!

mansa

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »
I'm already in two games, and raiding the shadowlands in World of Warcraft.   Sorry bud, maybe in 6 months?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Marauder Moe

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »

musashi

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 03:49:46 PM »

This sandwich is immortal.

Is Friday

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »
Hey there,

Recently reconnected with a couple of Arm folks from the old days and we're looking at playing a Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition game homebrewed for a Zalanthas/Dark Sun type world setting. Figured I'd hop back onto the forums here and see if anyone else is still around and might want to participate.

I'll be running it, it'll be done via Discord and a virtual table top software system called Fantasy Grounds (you don't have to buy anything, it's free for the players to use).

OMFG, I'm so down in a few months from now. I'm DMing two, playing in 2 (one on stream which requires actual player prep.)

What day of the week are we talking?
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

musashi

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 04:31:34 PM »
Hey there,

OMFG, I'm so down in a few months from now. I'm DMing two, playing in 2 (one on stream which requires actual player prep.)

I'm thinking Saturday, ideally around noon or so to keep the time zone friendly to as wide a demographic as possible.

Is Friday

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
Hey there,

I'm thinking Saturday, ideally around noon or so to keep the time zone friendly to as wide a demographic as possible.
I am a for sure in the future. Let's do it!
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

musashi

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2021, 06:50:54 PM »
Sure man. I'll PM you my discord details.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
MUSHMUSH! Holy crap, I thought you were dead. Hi! I'd be all over this, but I'm also playing a biweekly D&D game with Fnord, Belgoikiss, and Ghost of yore. I'm super interested in the Zalanthan world in a D&D setting. Any chance you'd stream it and let us listen in?
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Tuannon

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2021, 11:00:54 PM »
Did you catch up with Spyguy about this? I'm down if the time zone difference isn't too egregious and I don't have other things to do during the day on Sunday.

Also... Hi Ourla
Emperor, your sword is useless
Shattered crowns so swiftly
Fragile as the scythe

musashi

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 02:09:22 PM »
MUSHMUSH! Holy crap, I thought you were dead. Hi! I'd be all over this, but I'm also playing a biweekly D&D game with Fnord, Belgoikiss, and Ghost of yore. I'm super interested in the Zalanthan world in a D&D setting. Any chance you'd stream it and let us listen in?

Ourla! You ... you still in contact with Ghost!?!?!?! Put me in touch with him!!!!!

As for the streaming, I think it depends on how the people playing feel about it. I'm doing the session zero this Saturday to talk basics But hit me up so we can reconnect! I have so many fond memories of loafing around your apartment for a week!

musashi

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
Did you catch up with Spyguy about this? I'm down if the time zone difference isn't too egregious and I don't have other things to do during the day on Sunday.

Also... Hi Ourla

It would be a Saturday or Sunday game so I'm hoping a good time zone could be found for everyone so long as we have folks who have boring 9-5 weekends off jobs like myself.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 03:32:41 PM »
Wish I didn't already have two tabletop games going, or I'd be all over this. Good to see old faces back.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

musashi

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 07:55:33 PM »
Wish I didn't already have two tabletop games going, or I'd be all over this. Good to see old faces back.

Yeah I know exactly how that is. I'm already running one and playing in another, so running 2 is basically my hard limit. Good to see the old folks are still puttering around  ;D

LindseyBalboa

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 11:11:45 AM »
I'm down 100% once I finish setting up some stuff at work. A month or two.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

musashi

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 11:00:51 AM »
I'm down 100% once I finish setting up some stuff at work. A month or two.

Sure. We've got some folks together and we're starting our first game this upcoming weekend. Check in, in a few months and we'll see if a spot's open.

musashi

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 12:49:37 AM »
Well, the initial setup for the table top is looking quite nice  :)

I sort of had to teach myself some basic xml code in order to edit the virtual table top's less UI end user friendly assets like the in game calendar feature, in order to make it more Zalanthan.

Had to shorten the days in the year down a bit though because the virtual table top's time tracking code seems hard coded for 24 hour days in a way I don't have the know-how to change and having that many 24 hour days in the year (instead of 9) would just throw off every single mention of time's passage everywhere else. But it's a small modification.

We'll see how it feels to play this Saturday!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 12:54:23 AM by musashi »

Tuannon

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 03:30:42 AM »
So do I proceed as if 'Not Contacted, not playing'?
Emperor, your sword is useless
Shattered crowns so swiftly
Fragile as the scythe

musashi

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2021, 09:05:56 AM »
So do I proceed as if 'Not Contacted, not playing'?

Didn't I reply to you in the posts above?

You can reach out to me directly on discord at drmusmus#8730 and I can get you plugged into the server.

musashi

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
Mini Update: Got a great group of 4 together and we just kicked off the start of the first adventure last Saturday, after a couple sessions of just putzing around the world getting a feel for how we want to handle mechanics, travel, people getting a feel for their PC's, etc.

I'm either going to record them and post links here or write narratives in short story format and post those here as well like Ghost of Yore did with that battle of the two templars story that he never ... finished ....  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Riev

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2021, 03:38:58 PM »
I love these updates very much.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 11:42:11 AM »
So I'd be all for playing, but I just cannot get into playing online/virtual.  I've tried to play and also run a couple, but it just isn't the same for me sadly.  I am very interested in hearing about updates for certain though.  I wish you the best with it!
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

musashi

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 09:39:40 PM »
So I'd be all for playing, but I just cannot get into playing online/virtual.  I've tried to play and also run a couple, but it just isn't the same for me sadly.  I am very interested in hearing about updates for certain though.  I wish you the best with it!

No worries. Everyone's got their own preference. For me it was the complete opposite, the virtual table top software made visuals (battle maps, images etc) a lot easier to supply and manage, and the more rules heavy, dice heavy sections of the game that could really bog down a session got stream lined and automated, leaving me free to focus more on narrative without needing to pick one or the other. It was win, win, win.

I um ... I did download a program and tried to record this last Saturday's session but sadly, the recording stopped halfway through because my computer ran out of memory ... because the recording was 87 FRICKING GIGS AFTER JUST ONE HOUR!!! Soooo I'm obviously going to need to do a bit more research/training on how to capture footage in an effective manner this week so the session can actually be recorded and uploaded for the next game. For this last Saturday we'll just have to get by with a brief narrative summary that I'll start writing tomorrow.