Our website artwork...

Started by Maso, January 21, 2021, 06:25:32 AM

I think this is the right place for this...

Just thought this would be interesting to share! Circa 10 years ago or so, Morgenes and myself undertook the task of redesigning the Arm website (honestly, if you guys fancy doing that again and have a willing dev I'd be game, because it could REALLY do with an update, design skills have levelled up significantly). ANYWAY....I found some wonderful artwork for the header on DeviantArt...and reached out to the guy for this permission, which he very happily gave - he was stoked!

A quick Google of him now....and the guy is doing box office movie Artwork...Star Wars...Jurassic World....ETC. And I thought it was really fucking cool we've got legit art for our website by this guy! He's done really well for himself and his work is mega. I think if we wanted artwork from him now...well...It wouldn't happen. :D

https://andreewallin.com/
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Wow, this is really cool.

The artist's work is amazing.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Isn't it?!

I still have the full original piece of artwork we use for the header...could do a pretty epic new design with it tbh. It's stunning, he was so good even back then. Don't think the current website header does it justice at all.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

"A time of ash shall mark the rise of the cities. Days of old shall be new once more."
"The paths diversify, bright strands bring victory, the wrong steps defeat."