Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

You should be able to deposit (ONLY) coins into other people's accounts.

Is it a QOL suggestion to ask that maybe the steep drop off and degradation of stats at certain advanced ages be assessed and maybe lessened? Because if so, that's my request for today.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

Quote from: Gentleboy on April 19, 2022, 08:27:29 PM
You should be able to deposit (ONLY) coins into other people's accounts.

+1 But this would likely need it's own QOL coding bump of having a register, so you can tell if someone actually paid you or not.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

when someone does if they have a custom ldesc arrange the corpse in a similar way

change ldesc lies here with blood coating the area around his mouth from which a bit of his own guts hang

the tall muscular man's body lies here with blood coating the area around his mouth from which a bit of his own guts hang

Quote from: sucre on May 02, 2022, 12:35:59 PM
Is it a QOL suggestion to ask that maybe the steep drop off and degradation of stats at certain advanced ages be assessed and maybe lessened? Because if so, that's my request for today.

I would agree. Where's my fantasy trope of the jacked geezer?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on June 07, 2022, 12:33:15 PM

Dear god yes. It is WAY too punishing. I want to keep stat degradation, but right now it is weighted too far in the "makes it unplayable" realm.

Quote from: Delirium on June 07, 2022, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Fredd on June 07, 2022, 12:33:15 PM

Dear god yes. It is WAY too punishing. I want to keep stat degradation, but right now it is weighted too far in the "makes it unplayable" realm.

Oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm gonna quote bump this because I think it's important!

Stat degradation makes sense, but I've seen examples of it being downright wonky. Someone who has been physically active their entire life is unlikely to wake up one day and suddenly have poor strength or endurance, or hell, any of our stats.

A gentler slope toward impotence would be much appreciated!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

Quote from: sucre on June 07, 2022, 05:38:08 PM

A gentler slope toward impotence would be much appreciated!

This is why I will never hire you as my aide.

Joking aside, +1 to this. As a gladiator slave who trained all his life (virtually) woke up being unable to wear his armour, this.

When you give a stablehandler a ticket instead of offer it, they give it right back,

"Uuuuh, that's not how it works."

Quote from: Gentleboy on June 07, 2022, 10:17:53 PM
When you give a stablehandler a ticket instead of offer it, they give it right back,

"Uuuuh, that's not how it works."
It would be nice if npcs in general had nosave receive disabled, especially ones where you want to specifically offer/sell them things rather than give.

When I'm on a furniture and I change position, I almost always want to remain on the furniture. Sometimes this happens by default and sometimes it doesn't.

i.e.:
sit cot
rest --> I want to rest on the cot, not stand up and rest on the floor
sit --> I want go back to sitting on the cot
sleep --> I want to sleep on the cot etc etc.

Again, I think this works with some furniture and not for others (even if the furniture supports both sitting and resting).

The, like, one exception ever is that I probably always intend "stand" with no arguments to detach me from the furniture, like:
stand bar --> standing at the bar yo
stand --> You push away from a boxy boxy bar.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on June 17, 2022, 07:57:01 AM
When I'm on a furniture and I change position, I almost always want to remain on the furniture. Sometimes this happens by default and sometimes it doesn't.

i.e.:
sit cot
rest --> I want to rest on the cot, not stand up and rest on the floor
sit --> I want go back to sitting on the cot
sleep --> I want to sleep on the cot etc etc.

Again, I think this works with some furniture and not for others (even if the furniture supports both sitting and resting).

The, like, one exception ever is that I probably always intend "stand" with no arguments to detach me from the furniture, like:
stand bar --> standing at the bar yo
stand --> You push away from a boxy boxy bar.

In the former case, I believe that only happens if said furniture is unable to support such a position. For example you wouldn't be able to recline on a chair so rest will make you rest on the floor. With a large bed however, it puts you to rest on the bed itself.
'One fire drives out one fire,
One nail, one nail.
Rights by rights falter,
Strengths by strengths do fail.'

-Tullus Aufidius, Coriolanus by William Shakespeare

Please remove angks from the tablelands. They prevent any new indie tribal PC who has spent their entire life in the tablelands from living in the tablelands without paying an unreasonable tax in cured.

QoL fix.

If you have a weapon in primary or secondary hand slots, have it targeted first over worn items with the same keyword. 99.99% of the time I am referencing a dagger it is the one I am holding and not one on my belt.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Be able to analyze objects too heavy for you to pick up.

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on June 20, 2022, 05:03:01 PM
QoL fix.

If you have a weapon in primary or secondary hand slots, have it targeted first over worn items with the same keyword. 99.99% of the time I am referencing a dagger it is the one I am holding and not one on my belt.
+1
I put my belt weapon into the training weapon rack too often

alllow the arrange command to be used while sitting or resting. it is a flavor command that does not have any true code impact

if we can be trusted to emote while unconscious or dumbstruck and not do ninja flips we can be trusted to arrange things while sitting and not be unreasonable about it

Allow changing movement speed from any position.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Using the 'teach' command to teach someone a language gives the recipient a much larger chance than usual (I'm talking a 15% chance, or perhaps a range thereabouts based on their wisdom) to branch the language on their skillsheet. The bonus would be attached to a timer so that it can't be spammed (timer ticks down whether logged in or logged out). The recipient still has the usual chance of branching the language through hearing it spoken, but the bonus to learn can only happen once every, say, 180 minutes.

This would give roleplayed lessons an actual benefit.

I've had characters receive regular lessons in a specific language for an RL year and never branch it, and I've had characters randomly branch incredibly rare languages after hearing it maybe three times. It seems so incredibly random right now.

It makes it hard to RP around.

allow the flip command to be used while seated/resting, teach too

Allow whispers to be heard by dying PCs.

I want to be able to whisper something to a dying PC.

Allowing only whispers to be heard means that someone who's  dying won't hear you talking about everything but you do have the option to clue them in on why they're about to be dead.

I think it would make a sudden death a little more impactful and easier for the victim if, after backstabbing someone with mercy on, I could kneel down and whisper "Your blood will feed the ancients and bring down Allanak's walls."

Or whatever.

Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Let 'offer' take multiple arguments for multiple items to be sold at once, but without the ability to haggle.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Don't let shops buy partially used items (torches and soaps). Some seem to get reloaded at reboots - remove those.

allow players to target inanimate objects (e.g. plants) with whisper and tell. it's very awkward to have to do "whisper me (to into ~weird.lucky.charm) Something superstitious that I always say before going on a Byn contract."

Be able to see if a dead body had inks not in the main description.