Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

Allow us to see our coded gender in either score or stat. Useful in Hall of Kings to ensure your app didn't get borked

Quote from: Lotion on December 01, 2021, 07:09:11 PM
Decrease the upper time limit on tailoring. Nobody wants to wait 3 hours for their blue bandana to get resized or their helmet tailored. There's no actually interesting plots created by forcing people to wait for tailors. At best the ticket gets stolen and the thief gets a helmet in 3 hours, at worst someone just logs out and doesn't interact with the game for 3 hours

Oh but the plot thickens when the stolen ticket helmet doesn't fit the thief! 

So he has to get the helmet resized.. but guess what happens to his ticket..?

Aside from all those unbelievable plot twists I've always thought that "capable" Tailors should have this ability/skill.

I'm sure it boils down to a hard-coded issue that would be a nightmare to alter, but shorter wait times.. I bet that wouldn't be all too difficult to change?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Color should be turned on by default for new accounts/new PCs.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Alright, I thought this mud had what I am going to suggest, but I cannot find it, must be another mud.

But "No receive" Needs to be a thing.

A toggle so your PC will not take things handed to them.

Either the person gets a message of Dude refuses or it just falls to the ground.

Plant would work as normal of course.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Make mounts arrangeable or commandable to change their ldescs.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

Make it so soldiers can toggle whether or not others get auto-flagged for crimcode when they're present for sparring, or being sparred with by non-soldiers.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

What if.. When new players joined the game they were put through a simulation that makes them do a bunch of stuff like, mining, foraging, talking, emoting, etc and until they passed this simulation they couldn't get into the game. Allow them to do it before their char is created so they can say Yay or Nay. Draw weapons, the whole shabang. And then have them read up on the city background so they understand, then the race they plan to choose.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

Quote from: Rogerthat on January 01, 2022, 06:18:53 PM
What if.. When new players joined the game they were put through a simulation that makes them do a bunch of stuff like, mining, foraging, talking, emoting, etc and until they passed this simulation they couldn't get into the game. Allow them to do it before their char is created so they can say Yay or Nay. Draw weapons, the whole shabang. And then have them read up on the city background so they understand, then the race they plan to choose.

I've jokingly suggested that to help present players to the 'Rinth they should get mugged in char gen to prepare them, it was mostly a joke about having a more intuitive tutorial.

I'd love this sort of thing and I'd be willing to help write something related to this if some staffer ever wanted to do the code, which is always the hardest part.

Tiny thing. For tell, talk, and say, can we get a period added to the end of the verbal bit, if no other punctuation is provided?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

When you are in a room and it's dark/stormy/sandy and for whatever reason you can't see specifically who is talking, I think it'd be nice to add some type of:  "a faint shape says, in  a woman's voice" or "'a man's voice comes from a faint shape as they say '....' in a southern accent" sort of like when someone shouts from another room or when you overhear someone speaking from another room.
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

Quote from: Lotion on December 04, 2021, 09:58:55 PM
It would be convenient if skill timers could store three or so charges of skillup and expended one on a failskillup so to reward longer play sessions and reduce a sense of fomo that people can sometimes have from missing a timer.

This would be a super nice QOL change that feels like it'd promote longer RP sessions. It's pretty easy to slip a day, or days while conversing with people.

Request: Please make GET/PUT/GIVE (NUMERICAL VALUE) default to the first keyed currency in your inventory/container.

I.E. Put 200 backpack just automatically will see if you have 200 <currency objects> in your inventory and store them.
In the case of multiple currencies, just make the player do as the system is now: put 200 <currency type> <container>

A beg for mercy command.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Now that analyze has been reworked (awesomely, by the way) I'd like to see it moved to perception and raised from novice just like any other perception skill would be. You don't have to be a crafter to try and analyze something, and it seems reasonable one's perception would play a role in being able to notice things like what materials something might be made from, and even recognizing the style or symbol of a particular House, which is what analyze has been expanded to.

Quote from: ArmaJunkie on January 16, 2022, 12:50:36 PM
Now that analyze has been reworked (awesomely, by the way) I'd like to see it moved to perception and raised from novice just like any other perception skill would be. You don't have to be a crafter to try and analyze something, and it seems reasonable one's perception would play a role in being able to notice things like what materials something might be made from, and even recognizing the style or symbol of a particular House, which is what analyze has been expanded to.

What does this add other than another layer of crafter head ache?
This isn't meant to be antagonistic sounding I legit want to know your thoughts. It's already annoying to get a hold of an item so I can break that shit down and throw it into the crafting doc where it will rest for eternity, having to grind up Analyze along with leather working makes my butt hurt.

Not meaning for it to be a grind. In fact, if it could just be fixed at N/A or -- would be preferable to me over any skill level. My goal with this idea is only to stop it from sitting on the craft skills glaring novice back at me forever.
:)

It would be such nice QoL if your mount could regen stamina while you were wilderness quit if it was fed at the cost of no longer being fed. Currently the only way to regen mount stamina while logged out is stabling it which really sucks.

Have the weather command also show if a room has the nomount flag. It's incredibly annoying trying to explore climbable areas only to find the cliff your mount fell down is nomount after it doesn't follow you up 4 times and then you mount it to go up to test if it is nomount which also entails a needless risk of falling in the event that you got unlucky four times in a row.

Keyrings should answer to the keyword 'keys'

I can't count how many times I had a few drinks as a leader pc, and thought i lost my keyring because i was typing 'keys.'
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I've said before I think, but make "on eyes "and "over eyes" different locations. So I don't have to remove my eye makeup to wear sunslits. Please.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: Fredd on January 27, 2022, 06:38:15 PM

I can't count how many times I had a few drinks as a leader pc, and thought i lost my keyring because i was typing 'keys.'

"Key" is a keyword for them, but I do agree with you. I don't think it bleeds from real life.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on January 28, 2022, 08:56:34 AM
Quote from: Fredd on January 27, 2022, 06:38:15 PM

"Key" is a keyword for them, but I do agree with you. I don't think it bleeds from real life.

Not all answer to 'key' either. It might depend on the specific keyring?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

There weren't that many of them, so now they will all answer to 'keys' at least. I can't make any promises for future keyrings.

Quote from: Usiku on January 28, 2022, 02:55:29 PM
There weren't that many of them, so now they will all answer to 'keys' at least. I can't make any promises for future keyrings.

Thank You!