Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 33604 times)

Lotion

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #500 on: November 22, 2021, 04:44:17 AM »
make characters that start with a tribal accent start with lower sirihish
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Veselka

« Reply #501 on: November 22, 2021, 01:58:01 PM »
allow sleeptalking

allow sleepwalking

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

MeTekillot

« Reply #502 on: November 22, 2021, 02:50:09 PM »
Off the top of my head I cannot remember the levels of intoxication, but once you hit the level intoxicated a smell is added to the character, and a timer begins which is similar to the duration of getting from drunk to sober, or once sober, the smell is cleared, and for every other drink beyond intoxication, the alcohol timer refreshes.

sniff amos
Amos smells of alcohol.
This already happens??
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

triste

« Reply #503 on: November 23, 2021, 05:21:05 AM »
A means of muting people on the GDB like you can on discord. I am requesting this so that people can mute me.

I am going to STFU on the GDB beside voting posts for a bit, I guess I just feel like periodically giving people a guide on how to roleplay half-elves with a batshit crazy post, or two, or three, now and then. My mul rage posts usually get deleted quick. My favorite way to make people laugh is at my expense but it's probably been annoying. I sincerely apologize for being an element of chaos here.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Veselka

« Reply #504 on: November 23, 2021, 06:32:05 PM »
Idea'd this in game, but when you are asleep and you type 'wake' it automatically returns a 'look' at the room.

Same for when you come to from being knocked out.

It would stand to reason when you wake up and open your eyes, you see what is around you without having to consciously do so.

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Lotion

« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2021, 10:56:04 AM »
Idea'd this in game, but when you are asleep and you type 'wake' it automatically returns a 'look' at the room.

Same for when you come to from being knocked out.

It would stand to reason when you wake up and open your eyes, you see what is around you without having to consciously do so.
+1
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Lotion

« Reply #506 on: November 25, 2021, 11:02:20 AM »
it would be so fun and cool if every form of self inventory manipulation could be done covertly with sleight of hand
non exhaustive list of examples
* poison a weapon
* load a blowgun
* wield a weapon from your inventory
* put on a wearable
* remove a wearable
* raise/lower hood
* get a weapon from a quiver into either your ep or es slot

the only self inventory manipulation i can think of off the top of my head this probably shouldn't apply to is smoking spice (but i think snorting spice covertly could be conceivably reasonable, although usually if a hidden person is snorting spice they are probably about to type bash or kill and staying hidden isn't super important but is still useful)
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #507 on: November 25, 2021, 12:03:40 PM »
a command to anonymous give an echo to the room for when nobody catches your fart hemote
A staff member sends:

Dar

« Reply #508 on: November 25, 2021, 01:15:08 PM »
This is ... A novel concept but it might prove to be interesting.

Have the Mud up on a different port. Completely devoid of all NPCs and all the areas considered 'difficult to access' off grid.

Have people able to login into the mud with builder privileges. There, they can make items, build rooms, change stuff, etc. And then offer for review.  If stuff looks good and actions inside the game were performed to make it happen IG, staff can make these things life.

Thoughts?

Dracul

• FB
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2021, 03:10:25 PM »
Please tweak time so that one real life day equals one in game week, or something that is fluid enough it doesn't need math vs real time to figure out.

People do it anyways and it's the least immersion breaking way to arrange playtimes to say "Lets meet to trade at about this time next week" to indicate the same time next day.

Something like that.
Veteran Newbie

Barsook

« Reply #510 on: November 25, 2021, 03:15:50 PM »
Yes, please!

MeTekillot

« Reply #511 on: November 26, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »
If two Elementalists of the same Element share a spell, they should be able to 'teach' it reciprocatively even if they're not the same Aspect. Not sure if the current exclusivity is intentional.
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

askaran

« Reply #512 on: November 29, 2021, 07:16:10 PM »
If you throw someone in a direction where there's a solid barrier like a wall or closed door, you should do some damage. Not really a complaint or anything, just an idea that struck me.
So Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

Maso

« Reply #513 on: November 30, 2021, 03:04:09 AM »
Please tweak time so that one real life day equals one in game week, or something that is fluid enough it doesn't need math vs real time to figure out.

I believe it is deliberately not that way. If one RL day equalled exactly one week, then the days of the IG week would fall at the same time every RL day. This would be bad for clans with schedules since the players would experience the same days of the week every day during their normal playtimes.
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Barsook

« Reply #514 on: November 30, 2021, 05:40:42 AM »
Faceplam, duh.

Patuk

« Reply #515 on: November 30, 2021, 10:09:18 AM »
Fix HELP MAP TULUK, and fix the DIRECTIONS command for those in the walls. Opening the city didn't come out of the blue, it has been open for months now, so I have no idea why both are borked
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Lotion

« Reply #516 on: December 01, 2021, 07:09:11 PM »
Decrease the upper time limit on tailoring. Nobody wants to wait 3 hours for their blue bandana to get resized or their helmet tailored. There's no actually interesting plots created by forcing people to wait for tailors. At best the ticket gets stolen and the thief gets a helmet in 3 hours, at worst someone just logs out and doesn't interact with the game for 3 hours
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #517 on: December 03, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
display a message when a skill is branched
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2021, 09:58:55 PM »
It would be convenient if skill timers could store three or so charges of skillup and expended one on a failskillup so to reward longer play sessions and reduce a sense of fomo that people can sometimes have from missing a timer.
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2021, 10:14:18 PM »
Allow us to see our coded gender in either score or stat. Useful in Hall of Kings to ensure your app didn't get borked
A staff member sends:

perfecto

« Reply #520 on: December 08, 2021, 03:15:12 AM »
Decrease the upper time limit on tailoring. Nobody wants to wait 3 hours for their blue bandana to get resized or their helmet tailored. There's no actually interesting plots created by forcing people to wait for tailors. At best the ticket gets stolen and the thief gets a helmet in 3 hours, at worst someone just logs out and doesn't interact with the game for 3 hours

Oh but the plot thickens when the stolen ticket helmet doesn't fit the thief! 

So he has to get the helmet resized.. but guess what happens to his ticket..?

Aside from all those unbelievable plot twists I've always thought that "capable" Tailors should have this ability/skill.

I'm sure it boils down to a hard-coded issue that would be a nightmare to alter, but shorter wait times.. I bet that wouldn't be all too difficult to change?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #521 on: December 08, 2021, 01:47:08 PM »
Increase available board posts to 100.

Have flags for board posts that make them permanent (aka Laws, etc)

Create an auto-archive feature where oldest board posts go away after x amount of time but are archived in a staff-accessible list.

Move important board posts to the chronology page, for example the introduction of New Menos.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

ArmaJunkie

« Reply #522 on: December 08, 2021, 07:56:59 PM »
Transfer of focus points over the way? Would allow underlings to support leaders just lending them peace of mind for long Way sessions.
So instead of 'hey underling, Way Lord Fancypants blah blah', 'Hey underling, add your strength of mind to mine so I can finish my Way business'

Never played a mind bender so don't know if this is already a thing, but maybe also allow them to absorb focus points from others for their nefarious purposes.

Jihelu

« Reply #523 on: December 08, 2021, 08:01:24 PM »
That’d be a really neat Expel branch

You learn to protect your mind, then attack people in your mind, then to support another mind

sucre

« Reply #524 on: December 08, 2021, 09:25:07 PM »
Transfer of focus points over the way? Would allow underlings to support leaders just lending them peace of mind for long Way sessions.
So instead of 'hey underling, Way Lord Fancypants blah blah', 'Hey underling, add your strength of mind to mine so I can finish my Way business'

Never played a mind bender so don't know if this is already a thing, but maybe also allow them to absorb focus points from others for their nefarious purposes.

This is a cool idea.
Whatever satisfies the soul is the truth.