Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 29306 times)

betweenford

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #450 on: September 22, 2021, 11:21:19 PM »
Custom embroidery on to any item made from cloth material types in a similar vein to the drawing skill. Adds the embroidered item state to the item, which already exists.

Maso

« Reply #451 on: September 30, 2021, 10:33:14 AM »
Be able to do certain stuff whilst sat down, e.g.

- poison something (it makes little sense to me that you can't apply poison to an object while sat down.. personally I would have a harder time with delicate work like this whilst stood up)

- plant/steal - not saying it would be easy, obviously you wouldn't be hidden, but you should be able to attempt slipping your hand into someone's pocket whilst you're sat next to them at the bar.

- there's probably other weird stuff you can't do while sat down..
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Patuk

« Reply #452 on: September 30, 2021, 10:45:34 AM »

- poison something (it makes little sense to me that you can't apply poison to an object while sat down.. personally I would have a harder time with delicate work like this whilst stood up)

- plant/steal - not saying it would be easy, obviously you wouldn't be hidden, but you should be able to attempt slipping your hand into someone's pocket whilst you're sat next to them at the bar.

Bandage
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

betweenford

« Reply #453 on: September 30, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »
Teaching.

Narf

« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2021, 11:44:06 AM »

Bandage

YES. 1000x yes. I had forgotten about this one, but it is super weird that in order to bandage your.. completely screwed up leg.. you need to stand up.

Or bandage someone that's laying down unconcious and unable to move.

"Let me just reeeeaaaach for that"

Lotion

« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2021, 01:27:51 PM »
[spoiler=snip]
You can do this already. Mercy kill and mercy flee are separate settings.

Um...NOPE.

Code: [Select]
kill:
When a player has 'mercy kill' turned on, they will try and hold back
blows that might kill their opponent and will refrain from attacking
unconscious opponents altogether.

flee:
If you toggle 'mercy flee' on, you will not try and attack someone who
is fleeing from you.

My request is:
Can we get a mercy toggle that is mercy on UNLESS they flee?

I even explained it just so I would not get people saying it can already be done.

Here:
As in, Your intent is to not kill, but you do not want them to get away either. And would rather them morted, or worse then to get away.

But let me try again, I want a mercy toggle that if the one you are fighting does NOT attempt to flee you will try and NOT kill them.

But if they do flee you still WILL take that parting shot...EVEN if it morts or kills them.

Mercy Flee is only to not try and attack on a flee, that is it, it does not turn mercy on otherwise. The EXACT opposite of what I want.

UNLESS, Mercy kill does that already...If so the help files need to be updated to say so. But so far, I am not seeing it in practice.

So, I want one that will take the swing(s) on a flee, EVEN if it means killing outright.[/spoiler]
mercy on will turn both mercies on, you will attack neither fleeing or unconscious enemies
mercy off will turn both mercies off, you will attack both fleeing and unconscious enemies
mercy kill will toggle mercy kill. If it was on it will turn off, if it was off it will turn on.
mercy flee will toggle mercy flee. If it was on it will turn off, if it was off it will turn on.

What you want is the result of either
mercy off + mercy kill OR mercy on + mercy flee
You would probably get an even better result than you'd expect. Let's say the enemy is one hit from critical and you are dual wielding. What I would expect to happen (never seen this happen, but the game acts in predictable ways most of the time.) is your first hit would send them into critical as they flee and then you would show mercy and not give the finishing blow. Your enemy would be in the next room over on the verge of death and then you can do whatever you were gonna do.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Lotion

« Reply #456 on: October 07, 2021, 02:07:43 AM »
An imagine personal psy command akin to thinkfeelremember
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Lotion

« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2021, 09:28:21 AM »
Players quitting out or logging in to a room should leave tracks visible to those with the hunt command.
A staff member sends:

Dar

« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2021, 10:10:51 PM »
There are tracks of a pitched tent. But logging off? I dont think so.

X-D

« Reply #459 on: October 14, 2021, 12:26:04 AM »
Sorta wish peek would show some tattoos.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Lotion

« Reply #460 on: October 14, 2021, 05:29:12 AM »
Would also help you to consider if you wanted to settle there with the chance they might log in (/return to their previous campsite).
Prevent some awkward situations where you're just gicking about and someone logs in on top of you.
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #461 on: October 14, 2021, 05:32:03 AM »
The ability to poison items covertly using sleight of hand would be really useful.

Sleight of hand successes changing them from hemotes to semotes when the user is hidden, invisible, or otherwise unseen.
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #462 on: October 15, 2021, 03:20:05 AM »
Change extended subguilds to be usable by anyone who has high enough maximum karma to use them.
A staff member sends:

triste

« Reply #463 on: October 15, 2021, 06:41:17 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think we used to have a designation of when a craft was clan specific but I think that was lost with the crafting reformatting. Maybe it's just a bug with a few crafts. If possible I'd love to see that info crammed back in there if only in the craft title. Some of us are in multiple clans and the info is genuinely useful.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

Lotion

« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2021, 06:09:40 PM »
Have ride give your mount resistance to being bashed and when your mount gets bashed count it as a ride fail.
We seriously need more passive ride fails so that people don't have to tame hundreds of animals just to max the skill on stalkers.
A staff member sends:

Fragmented

« Reply #465 on: October 22, 2021, 12:34:37 AM »
Not sure if this has already been suggested, but...

Being able to cook up to five of the same items into 5 separate iterations of the cooked version.

E.g. craft meat 2.meat 3.meat 4.meat 5.meat into some pieces of cooked meat (5x a piece of cooked meat)

As a bonus, being able to cook 2-4 would produce 2-4 iterations, but I'd settle for either 1 at a time, or 5 at a time.

« Reply #466 on: October 22, 2021, 04:39:00 PM »
I would like the ability to sit on people.

If Amos is sitting....

You sit in Amos's lap.

If Amos is resting....

>sit amos
You sit on Amos's belly.

If Amos is standing...

You leap upwards and straddle Amos.

Because everyone sits differently, I propose extremely complex sitdescription syntax.

Lastly you should be able to have sit trains.

Amos is sitting here.
Talia is here, sitting in Amos's lap.
Lord Templar Fale is here, sitting in Talia's lap.
A small gortok is here, sitting in Lord Fale's lap.

triste

« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2021, 04:00:06 PM »
Give the roughrider extended subguild the ranger terrain / charge perks + weak dsense
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

sucre

« Reply #468 on: October 27, 2021, 12:03:08 AM »
Could we have the option to change the color of psionics/way messages to be different than the color of thinks and feels?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 09:04:34 AM by sucre »
Whatever satisfies the soul is the truth.

Lotion

« Reply #469 on: October 31, 2021, 04:47:00 AM »
Make the master crafting extended subguilds available to zero karma players. If zero karma players can be trusted to play fence, dune trader, artisan, and the regular custom crafter subguild then they should also be trusted to play the master crafter subguilds.

By master crafter subguilds I mean every subguild which allows a character to mastercraft.
A staff member sends:

th3kaiser

« Reply #470 on: November 02, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »
Saw your ATS lotion. The helper chat absolutely works, what you're seeing is the leave a message feature when none of the helpers are currently online. As an ex helper I used to be the only one online for HUGE swathes of time and as it's a free service staff can only allow so many accounts at at time.

There may just not be many available helpers who have time to man the helper chat these days.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 09:14:13 AM by th3kaiser »

X-D

« Reply #471 on: November 02, 2021, 03:58:24 PM »
How does one apply to be a helper?

I am not seeing it on the request tool.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

th3kaiser

« Reply #472 on: November 03, 2021, 10:44:06 AM »
I just did a game-related question with the title Helper Application.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #473 on: November 04, 2021, 09:32:46 AM »
Quadruple the amount of time spice lasts if we must have a decay timer at all. Food I get, but spice shouldn't decay, considering its origins. If the intention was to create more demand, it is backfiring, as right now the rate that spice decays at is actively damaging the trade and decreasing the demand for it. Spice should last multiple IG years when left in a spicebox on a table. Nobody even uses spiceboxes any more, they carry it on their person so that it doesn't go bad while they're logged out because the timer is so punishing. It's such a weird meta. Yes, I know different "sizes" last different times, but even a pinch of spice should last a couple IG years left in a spicebox instead of in your pocket. It's a drug from the silt sea in a desert world. It should not rot easily.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

sleepyhead

« Reply #474 on: November 04, 2021, 10:27:24 AM »
'sto' should default to 'stop,' not 'stow.' I make an alias every time but it'd be great if I didn't have to. Stopping is a lot more important and time-sensitive than stowing.