Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

give the option to fail or crit fail abilities. like a flip of stats that determine fail vs succeed.

like whoops i crit failed bandage u dead. whoops you wanted this precious iron ingot turned into a sword it fell off a cliff.

some plausible deniability around skills that can turn scenes in other directions.

I know this has been asked before but let value tell you what skills an item might help with(as a bonus by how much, a little, decently, a lot):

value gloves

• You think <item> would help with <skill> <a little>
  • You think <item> would hinder with <skill> <a lot>

Not sure if brought up before, but assessing/comparing the weights of two things in hands, should not be hard for anyone.
Doesn't make sense to me I can't know if one rock/sword/etc. is heavier than the other held.
I would like to see the value command allow for determining weight more accurately for those without the value skill.

Edit to add: Or, at least, a  "compare" command. This sword is heavier than that sword, sort of thing.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

When an NPC corpses decay all the gear inside them should be disappear with it instead of dropping and littering rooms with their stuff. 

I THINK items left on the ground in the desert eventually become hidden, but are still in the room, and can be foraged or searched for.

This would be a good feature to add in crowded city rooms. Like the items in the rinth may still be there, but you'd have to rediscover them.

all foods that obviously need a fire and not just a rock to dry on, require the fire tool

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

Quote from: Dresan on June 28, 2021, 02:27:36 PM
When an NPC corpses decay all the gear inside them should be disappear with it instead of dropping and littering rooms with their stuff.
Instead of corpses decaying like they do, I'd rather see them go through stages, with descriptions of why they are in that stage. There's some pretty neat stuff that could be done to facilitate their demise, like changed ldesc, and spawned beasts.

The corpse of the tall, dark man lies here.
The corpse of the tall, dark man lies here, partially ravaged.
   [spawns 1-5 randomly aggressive vulture NPCs in wilderness, 1-5 randomly aggressive Rat NPCs in cities].
The corpse of a ravaged human lies here.
   [Same spawned NPCs]
A human skeleton lies here, stripped of meat and organs.
  [stays until reboot/disposal, randomly partially destroys gear on it]
[/i]
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on June 28, 2021, 07:29:24 PM
Quote from: Dresan on June 28, 2021, 02:27:36 PM
Instead of corpses decaying like they do, I'd rather see them go through stages, with descriptions of why they are in that stage. There's some pretty neat stuff that could be done to facilitate their demise, like changed ldesc, and spawned beasts.

The corpse of the tall, dark man lies here.
The corpse of the tall, dark man lies here, partially ravaged.
   [spawns 1-5 randomly aggressive vulture NPCs in wilderness, 1-5 randomly aggressive Rat NPCs in cities].
The corpse of a ravaged human lies here.
   [Same spawned NPCs]
A human skeleton lies here, stripped of meat and organs.
  [stays until reboot/disposal, randomly partially destroys gear on it]
[/i]

This is awesome, and do consider clues to demise still in this, to a point.

I think PC corpses persisting through reboot would be fun.

There could be a lot of plot progression/generation from finding old corpses/skeletons in caves, or ahead of something disastrous.

Some special items might not be lost eternally that way, etc.

I just want the Rinth not to look like
>n
>There is 15 items in this room cause npcs were battling to the death
>n
>There is another 15 items
>e
>There is 10 items in the room

Yeah, understandable.

As far as getting rid of bodies, ideally, you could use the bury command on them in appropriately-terrained rooms.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

If Pagelength and Color options could be account based and not character based that would be super convenient.

Possibly some type of options in the original menu when you log into the account prior to hitting E to enter your character?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I wouldn't mind aliases being account based too.  I know I can do it client side but I play on a few devices so use in game aliases.  Would have to delete a few between characters but there's a lot that would be kept the same for me.

A warning that you will soon get linkdeaded for inactivity and then another message that you were linkdeaded for inactivity would be really useful on characters that need to spend a lot of time waiting

Make tattoos stay worn/visible on corpses.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Much like the on shoulder/over shoulder locations, on face and over face. So paints can be worn under a mask and such. :)
Please.

Quote from: ShaiHulud on July 04, 2021, 01:48:55 AM
Much like the on shoulder/over shoulder locations, on face and over face. So paints can be worn under a mask and such. :)
Please.

Please make an "on face" and "over face" yes.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on July 04, 2021, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: ShaiHulud on July 04, 2021, 01:48:55 AM
Please.

Please make an "on face" and "over face" yes.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

If your character is suffering from dehydration and you have been afk for more than 10 minutes they should just automatically drink from any liquid container they are wearing or have in their inventory so that people don't die from dehydration while afk

Quote from: Lotion on July 04, 2021, 06:03:28 PM
If your character is suffering from dehydration and you have been afk for more than 10 minutes they should just automatically drink from any liquid container they are wearing or have in their inventory so that people don't die from dehydration while afk

Don't quote me, but I believe that going linkdead or idling out stops thirst and hungry until back active again.

So the only time this would really help is if you're already super thirsty/hungry and idle afterwards.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

If you're already actively dehydrating then the idle timer doesn't save ytou

Quote from: Lotion on July 04, 2021, 07:42:03 PM
Then you were already dangerously dehydrated to begin with and you deserved to die.  Always drink till your stomach can't contain any more and fill up on food.

Quote from: Pariah on July 04, 2021, 07:44:44 PM
Then you were already dangerously dehydrated to begin with and you deserved to die.  Always drink till your stomach can't contain any more and fill up on food.
This really isn't true, it can take less than 30 minutes to enter starvation/dehydration territory, just from being outside in some areas.

Quote from: betweenford on July 04, 2021, 08:12:36 PM
Quote from: Pariah on July 04, 2021, 07:44:44 PM
This really isn't true, it can take less than 30 minutes to enter starvation/dehydration territory, just from being outside in some areas.
Totally understand that, but honestly there are placed in the game that physically hurt you simply by standing in them.

That's not to say that going to such a dangerous or hazardous place should have coded safeguards for if you lose your link.

You can easily go from "not thirsty" to dying of dehydration in under 30 minutes.