Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game

Started by nessalin, January 19, 2021, 01:34:05 PM

1) RE: Sleight of Hand

Allow the commands :
Ready <weapon> <sheath/container>
Stow <weapon> <sheath/container>
Currently the command only works with weapons sheathed on belt.
The added problem with this current scenario is : you usually have your heavier weapons sheathed on your belt, and your lighter weapons in sheaths - and because the command defaults to belt weapons - you end up getting the error "that weapon is too heavy, surely someone would notice."

Make it so the weight of the weapons being readied/stowed are proportional to the strength of the PC. AFAIK, currently it's set to a static weight limit for all races regardless of their strength.

2) Listing items in shops
Allow for items to be viewed by wear_location :
list armorer <neck>

Quote from: Blackjack on May 04, 2021, 05:19:52 AM

Allow the commands :
The added problem with this current scenario is : you usually have your heavier weapons sheathed on your belt, and your lighter weapons in sheaths - and because the command defaults to belt weapons - you end up getting the error "that weapon is too heavy, surely someone would notice."
Use
draw <weapon> <sheath>
sheathe <weapon> <sheath>

It still uses sleight of hand if you have the skill.

(The syntax is still inconsistent and the above stuff should be added.)

Quote from: rinthrat on May 04, 2021, 06:27:05 PM

Allow the commands :
Use
draw <weapon> <sheath>

It works for sheaths, but not for scabbards. You can ready a weapon sheathed on back too, such as a blowgun.

Quote from: Alesan on May 04, 2021, 10:53:51 AM

2) Listing items in shops
Allow for items to be viewed by wear_location :
list armorer <neck>

Yes please.

A million times this. Please. Yes.

Quote from: Inks on May 04, 2021, 07:30:33 PM

Allow the commands :
Use
draw <weapon> <sheath>

It works for sheaths, but not for scabbards. You can ready a weapon sheathed on back too, such as a blowgun.

It shouldn't work for anything not in a sheath or on your belt, and it should be by item type, or a fixed weight. The idea is to ready a weapon to use - I dislike the idea that you might be able to ready your longsword of wounding +7 without me noticing.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on May 04, 2021, 07:54:11 PM
Quote from: Inks on May 04, 2021, 07:30:33 PM

Allow the commands :
Use
draw <weapon> <sheath>

It shouldn't work for anything not in a sheath or on your belt, and it should be by item type, or a fixed weight. The idea is to ready a weapon to use - I dislike the idea that you might be able to ready your longsword of wounding +7 without me noticing.

It should definitely work for knives sheathed in boots, but I don't think scabbards should be able to be readied from. It is confusing to not have this documented, though.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

It would be so nice to be able to see how many uses a seasoning item has before emptying.

I have one. Containers that can be opened and closed should always show that status.

Look self
Wearing a quiver.
g arrow quiver
the quiver is closed

Look self
Wearing an open quiver.
think Damm elves will rob me for sure.
close quiver.

Or maybe only show one status, Being open or closed, one can just assume the other. I would say show when open as closed should be its normal status.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

add in various nosave items to prompt.

things that you would turn on/off for whatever reasons and not want to forget about.

Add an echo that shows us when we can quit out after being too excited to leave after combat. Spamming the quit command is a bit odd and I don't see a problem with just telling people when they can leave after sparring their friends for a bit.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Allow us to unhitch a mount and hitch it to someone else similar to subdue release

Quote from: Lotion on May 07, 2021, 06:53:47 AM
It would be so nice to be able to see how many uses a seasoning item has before emptying.

I believe the assess command shows this information.
"Unless you have a suitcase and a ticket and a passport,
The cargo that they're carrying is you"

A really nice "quality of life" addition would be :

Transfer <item> <source container> <target container>
Instead of : get <item> <container> + put <item> <container>
ex: trans arrow quiver backpack

This would allow PCs who have low agility/too many items in inventory, to by-pass that limit and simply move an item from one place to another.
It would reduce typing 2 commands to one command, and if desired, the spam to the room/viewers could also be removed entirely.
ex : the average human moves some items around.

Another good one would be :
wear <item> <source container>
ex: wear shirt backpack
Instead of : get <item> <container> + wear <item>

And just like you can do : put <worn item> <container> without having to first remove it, getting it into your inventory, and then putting it into the target container, this could also by-pass the inventory and straight go from the container to the wear_location.

The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

@incognito one good workaround if you have three open slots is
get all.foo container.1
put all.foo container.2

SEE and HEAR personal psi commands akin to think,feel,remember, for personal hallucinations

A HELP COLOR CATEGORIES file that, well.. Lists all the categories you could colorise. Right now it's a guessing game more than anything else.

I'd like to be able to target exit covers in emotes.

e.g.
emote stands in front of ~gate, sassily waggling a finger side to side.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Quote from: slipshod on May 16, 2021, 05:37:27 PM
I'd like to be able to target exit covers in emotes.

e.g.
emote stands in front of ~gate, sassily waggling a finger side to side.

Allow exits to have short descriptions, such as 'a tall gate', or 'a thick, styrax-wood door'.

A nearly-exact copycat command of subdue called carry, which does not flag you as a criminal if you fail it. Like subdue, it would have a nosave status, but if you are resisting carries, the person who tries to carry you, and you, will get a silent message about you not accepting carries, with no echo to the room. It would also not trigger criminal code.

The muscled mul begins carrying the little half-giant.

The muscled mul walks west, carrying the little half-giant.

The muscled mul stops carrying the little half-giant. (Same echo whether the mul releases the half-giant, or the half-giant flees the carry.)

The muscled mul stands here, carrying the little half-giant.

That person is too big for you to carry.

You are too big to be carried by that person.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on May 17, 2021, 06:19:15 PM
A nearly-exact copycat command of subdue called carry, which does not flag you as a criminal if you fail it. Like subdue, it would have a nosave status, but if you are resisting carries, the person who tries to carry you, and you, will get a silent message about you not accepting carries, with no echo to the room. It would also not trigger criminal code.

The muscled mul begins carrying the little half-giant.

The muscled mul walks west, carrying the little half-giant.

The muscled mul stops carrying the little half-giant. (Same echo whether the mul releases the half-giant, or the half-giant flees the carry.)

The muscled mul stands here, carrying the little half-giant.

That person is too big for you to carry.

You are too big to be carried by that person.

This. Please this. Its always extremely unfortunate when someone new to the game loses a character when trying to help their drunk buddy back home.
The man puts his tongued, grotesque, translucent groin rig on over his eyes.

I dig this! ^^^
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Jarvis on May 17, 2021, 06:26:04 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on May 17, 2021, 06:19:15 PM
A nearly-exact copycat command of subdue called carry, which does not flag you as a criminal if you fail it.

This. Please this. Its always extremely unfortunate when someone new to the game loses a character when trying to help their drunk buddy back home.

This is super smart.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

threaten charge

for the drunk think I usually ask them to set nosave subdue through ooc. i've not yet had someone lie that they had nosave subdue on

While mining, add an echo for when you deplete your deposit of obsidian/glass/granite/sandstone/whatever.

Being able to open, close, get and put items in containers while resting. I have never been resting IRL and unable to do these things.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Krath on May 18, 2021, 04:38:09 PM
Being able to open, close, get and put items in containers while resting. I have never been resting IRL and unable to do these things.
At least those that are on you - I am fine if you have to stop resting to get something from the container across the room. But those that are on you should be accessible, agreed.