Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 43082 times)

Ulga

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2022, 11:34:34 PM »
I think it would be cool if there was a staff sponsored role for an Explorer. ICly, its a badass solo character that wanders the edges of the world and boldly goes where no man has gone before.
OOCly, they are a room builder, who, after meeting a certain quota for new wilderness rooms written/built, they may return to the known, along with (staff approved) treasures and stories from their travels.

Saiseiki

« Reply #501 on: April 19, 2022, 12:06:28 PM »
Here's one for our newer players:

When you join a clan, you should know the DIRECTIONS to the compound. No, character origin shouldn't matter in this, it's playability that matters.

+1

I've actually recently run into this IC, where it may have been helpful.  The scene turned out fine without it, but I'm still new enough to remember being completely overwhelmed when starting out.  Having one less factor in "mental stack" could be helpful.

(I'm still mulling over ways to address some of what the half-dozen friends I've tried to get on Arm. have told me, in terms of barriers to entry.  So frustrating, 'cause I know they'd love this darn place and its stories if they could get to them!)
Labor omnia vincit - "(Hard) work conquers all."

Fredd

« Reply #502 on: April 19, 2022, 02:10:24 PM »
Here's one for our newer players:

When you join a clan, you should know the DIRECTIONS to the compound. No, character origin shouldn't matter in this, it's playability that matters.

+1

I've actually recently run into this IC, where it may have been helpful.  The scene turned out fine without it, but I'm still new enough to remember being completely overwhelmed when starting out.  Having one less factor in "mental stack" could be helpful.

(I'm still mulling over ways to address some of what the half-dozen friends I've tried to get on Arm. have told me, in terms of barriers to entry.  So frustrating, 'cause I know they'd love this darn place and its stories if they could get to them!)

I'm all for this Joining a clan should give you new points of interest to target for Directions. This should include the Noble Estate and Barracks for that Noble House. There's no reason not to.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Gentleboy

« Reply #503 on: April 19, 2022, 08:27:29 PM »
You should be able to deposit (ONLY) coins into other people's accounts.

Barsook

« Reply #504 on: April 19, 2022, 08:33:00 PM »

sucre

« Reply #505 on: May 02, 2022, 12:35:59 PM »
Is it a QOL suggestion to ask that maybe the steep drop off and degradation of stats at certain advanced ages be assessed and maybe lessened? Because if so, that's my request for today.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Fredd

« Reply #506 on: May 02, 2022, 03:18:02 PM »

+1 But this would likely need it's own QOL coding bump of having a register, so you can tell if someone actually paid you or not.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died