Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 29308 times)

Jihelu

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #475 on: November 04, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
Give Minstrel the same boost to picking up accents/stuff that Bard gets.

creeper386

« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2021, 11:17:30 AM »
Make the master crafting extended subguilds available to zero karma players. If zero karma players can be trusted to play fence, dune trader, artisan, and the regular custom crafter subguild then they should also be trusted to play the master crafter subguilds.

By master crafter subguilds I mean every subguild which allows a character to mastercraft.

I'm not sure the extended subguilds should require karma.
21sters Unite!

Dan

« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2021, 06:59:36 PM »
Make the master crafting extended subguilds available to zero karma players. If zero karma players can be trusted to play fence, dune trader, artisan, and the regular custom crafter subguild then they should also be trusted to play the master crafter subguilds.

By master crafter subguilds I mean every subguild which allows a character to mastercraft.

I'm not sure the extended subguilds should require karma.

I could get on board with this.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Hauwke

« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2021, 11:40:41 PM »
Mundane subs already only require you have the karma available, you don't spend it on the sub anymore.

MeTekillot

« Reply #479 on: November 07, 2021, 08:57:18 PM »
 'Smoke pipe all' like how we have 'eat food all'
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

MeTekillot

« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2021, 02:27:23 AM »
Let us feed spice to our mounts.
There really is no attempt at making different magicks balanced.  The imbalance is intentional and part of the game world

lostinspace

« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2021, 01:36:52 PM »
'Smoke pipe all' like how we have 'eat food all'
TIL

Let us feed spice to our mounts.
Poison cures too, if that's not currently implemented.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Lotion

« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2021, 06:59:09 PM »
An "after" command that waits for you to do an action that requires concentration to complete before doing more stuff

hide
after
east

craft rock into nipple.ring.foot
after
psi I'm replying to a way I received while in the crafting delay
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Lotion

« Reply #483 on: November 12, 2021, 08:31:16 AM »
Make the four parade field rooms the byn has be codedly outdoors with a movement cost of zero and some reasonable ride penalty so that there's more to codedly do on desert survival days other than archery range stuff. Sure, if there's a sarge logged in you are probably going to have something to do, but that is rarely the case.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:48:58 AM by Lotion »
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Kenchi

« Reply #484 on: November 12, 2021, 11:34:38 AM »
Not sure if it's a thing, or mentioned before. But being able to salvage crafted items would be nice. Just to get something of use from an old piece of gear or a chance too.

Lotion

« Reply #485 on: November 12, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
Not sure if it's a thing, or mentioned before. But being able to salvage crafted items would be nice. Just to get something of use from an old piece of gear or a chance too.
The salvage command already exists. Usually a crafter would sell the crafted thing to buy the materials at a cheaper cost, or make something else.
A staff member sends:

Kenchi

« Reply #486 on: November 12, 2021, 01:01:32 PM »
The salvage command already exists. Usually a crafter would sell the crafted thing to buy the materials at a cheaper cost, or make something else.

Should of done more research! Thank you.

Nao

« Reply #487 on: November 13, 2021, 02:13:30 PM »
Please update the 'map tuluk' helpfile and the directions command there.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:18:06 PM by Nao »
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #488 on: November 13, 2021, 10:34:07 PM »
I want to be able to title items like we can title mounts. Keywords assigned only to that specific loaded version of the object.

>title songbird Tweety
>title maul Smashy
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

najdorf

« Reply #489 on: November 15, 2021, 09:56:09 AM »
I don't know the solution, but currently 1 v many scenarios almost always favor the single guy if s/he is the offensive. I am talking about code and realism part of it, not the RP.
That 1 dude can run freely, spam arrows, circle as he wishes.. And the group is always busy roleplaying the situation, as they die one by one.

I'm not suggesting a group combat revamp or anything, but a simple "join <leader's> group" that give a defensive advantage to all of those inside the group would be a nice start.

MeTekillot

« Reply #490 on: November 15, 2021, 01:07:33 PM »
That is literally quintessential guerilla warfare, najdorf.

But an idea too: watch person <direction>

Right now you can only start watching a person if they're in the same room. Make it so you can start watching people in the distance. Use the same targeting logic as ranged weapons.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:09:21 PM by MeTekillot »

Lotion

« Reply #491 on: November 16, 2021, 10:59:13 AM »
flay code that allows us to remove skin containing tattoos/scars from bodies (or maybe even unconsious/critical victims) to get an item that contains information about the tattoo/scar from the body and the location the skin was flayed from
A staff member sends:

Jihelu

« Reply #492 on: November 16, 2021, 11:01:11 AM »
That's kinda fucked up.

I mean I like it, but damn

triste

« Reply #493 on: November 16, 2021, 11:13:57 AM »
+1 to flaying, and being able to see tattoos/scars/(flaying scars) on corpses
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

betweenford

« Reply #494 on: November 16, 2021, 12:34:51 PM »
Remove truncation when in the text editor. When in the text editor in char-gen, disable being boot from the game while "afk."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #495 on: November 16, 2021, 01:36:31 PM »
+1000 to tattoos and scars remaining visible when the character is corpseified. They are often important for IC reasons.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Evilone

« Reply #496 on: November 21, 2021, 06:18:55 AM »
Off the top of my head I cannot remember the levels of intoxication, but once you hit the level intoxicated a smell is added to the character, and a timer begins which is similar to the duration of getting from drunk to sober, or once sober, the smell is cleared, and for every other drink beyond intoxication, the alcohol timer refreshes.

sniff amos
Amos smells of alcohol.
Death is only the beginning...

flurry

« Reply #497 on: November 21, 2021, 09:40:37 AM »
The juxtaposition of the last two suggestions brings another to mind. What if corpses, or even the rooms they're in, had a sniff message depending on how long they had been there. Recent ones maybe keeping smells like perfume or spice and not-so-recent ones smelling ... bad.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

Lotion

« Reply #498 on: November 21, 2021, 06:30:09 PM »
let the directions command just autowalk us around and if we enter a room with a visible player character make us stop walking around empty cities is so fucking boring
A staff member sends:

Lotion

« Reply #499 on: November 21, 2021, 09:58:54 PM »
allow sleeptalking
A staff member sends: