Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 20993 times)

Inks

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #425 on: August 26, 2021, 09:45:06 PM »
I just want to say I don't have actual issue with your proposed changes. Filthy grebbers trying to get that that extra hour of foraging doesn't really bother me. But I don't think using RP as a reason is valid is all.

Em talks an intense discussion with ~obsidian.deposit about having more coins.

Personally I would like gates to close randomly between 1-4 minutes at dusk to make the time change less jarring. Soldiers don't have watches. The fact it is exact on dusk is kind of meta, and I think this would make the world feel more alive.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:00:15 PM by Inks »
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

Shaydee

« Reply #426 on: August 26, 2021, 11:58:14 PM »
Personally I would like gates to close randomly between 1-4 minutes at dusk to make the time change less jarring. Soldiers don't have watches. The fact it is exact on dusk is kind of meta, and I think this would make the world feel more alive.

+1
The naked chubby winged halfling flaps its wings and blows you a kiss!

SpyGuy

« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »
I just want to say I don't have actual issue with your proposed changes. Filthy grebbers trying to get that that extra hour of foraging doesn't really bother me. But I don't think using RP as a reason is valid is all.

Em talks an intense discussion with ~obsidian.deposit about having more coins.

Eh, I wrote that one after running into the gates when trying to travel.  I've often run into situations where I've had to cut scenes short to try to make the gates because I needed to go to another location and OOCly didn't want to or couldn't wait another 30 minutes+ to delay travel to the next dawn.  It's definitely not all 'oh I want to greb salt for an extra 10 minutes'.  Would that extra 10 minutes make much of a difference?  Not really but the 33% less time the gates are closed would be a quality of life improvement to me.  YMMV

Lotion

« Reply #428 on: August 31, 2021, 06:06:10 PM »
i'd rather type `wear thing throat` rather than `wear thing about throat` and i can never remember if it's `wear thing hair` or `wear thing in hair` and swear that it changes sometimes
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

GetKanked

« Reply #429 on: August 31, 2021, 09:20:01 PM »
i'd rather type `wear thing throat` rather than `wear thing about throat` and i can never remember if it's `wear thing hair` or `wear thing in hair` and swear that it changes sometimes

Same, but waist/about waist.

creeper386

« Reply #430 on: September 01, 2021, 12:07:45 AM »
I'd like crafting of liquids to somehow be detached from containers. Don't know about all liquids but find it strange some of them require a specific container. I'd probably be a big overhaul though.
21sters Unite!

The Gruffalo

« Reply #431 on: September 04, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
Combat commands with a post-delay should not incur a delay if they're unable to fire. Rescue is a big one.
A hero of war, is that what they see?

creeper386

« Reply #432 on: September 05, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
Can we have just left and right hand in equipment slots and have "primary" either determined at character creation, by the code or choice. Still have wield and hold work the same for primary and secondary but just have the emote not say wield and hold.
21sters Unite!

KittenLicks

« Reply #433 on: September 06, 2021, 06:01:03 PM »
It'd be nice if the poison command didn't require you to be standing. I'm unsure what that is there to prevent, but I've always thought applying poison to something is far more a 'sitting' activity than something you'd have to be standing to do.
Quote from: How to Roleplay Tribals
Instead of being like hnnm I grew up on da STREETS I'm RAT and STEAL, you go hnnm I grew up on la SANDS, am of RAPTOR, am SLICE

Patuk

« Reply #434 on: September 08, 2021, 07:32:44 AM »
Add bone pieces to the usual suspects of what arrows can be tipped with: flint, obsidian, agate, and so forth. Bone-tipped arrows were quite common across a multitude of places on earth, and the ubiquitous pieces of bone we have in the game should be added to the lot pretty easily.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

GetKanked

« Reply #435 on: September 08, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »
Add bone pieces to the usual suspects of what arrows can be tipped with: flint, obsidian, agate, and so forth. Bone-tipped arrows were quite common across a multitude of places on earth, and the ubiquitous pieces of bone we have in the game should be added to the lot pretty easily.

emptyquote

Patuk

« Reply #436 on: September 08, 2021, 03:57:27 PM »
What?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #437 on: September 08, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
What?
He's agreeing with you, but being a smartass about it, instead of just reposting your comment. :)
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

GetKanked

« Reply #438 on: September 09, 2021, 10:12:46 PM »
It just means I agree.  There's no smartassed-ness to it at all.

creeper386

« Reply #439 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:54 PM »
Would it be possible to set up mercy and nosave to be directly set instead of just toggleable?

I feel like being toggles makes it way easier to mess something up and lead to big issues based on an OOC problem.

My preferred option would be something like below.

nosave <option> <on | off>

mercy <option> < on | off>
21sters Unite!

creeper386

« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2021, 01:44:14 AM »
Maybe a whole complete rethink on using "taste" command in two different situations and never being sure if you are trying to see if something has a "flavor" or actually just going to eat something that you don't actually want to eat.
21sters Unite!

creeper386

« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2021, 03:05:28 AM »
I live here now.

Having items in inventory or wielded/held/etwo prioritized over other worn slots. I run into it a lot, or see a good amount of other people remove gear or weapon on belt when trying to place something from inventory or hands into a container.
21sters Unite!

Narf

« Reply #442 on: September 19, 2021, 08:49:57 PM »
Add a moniker "This character looks talkative" to the ldesc of every NPC that has discuss topics on them.

triste

« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2021, 11:45:09 PM »
Add a moniker "This character looks talkative" to the ldesc of every NPC that has discuss topics on them.

Love it.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

oggotale

« Reply #444 on: September 20, 2021, 02:48:47 AM »

Woah why is this not a thing yea

Seems like a huge waste to have topics programmed in but people miss it.

If something is a secret it could still be excluded

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #445 on: September 20, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »

Dude, yes.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

MeTekillot

« Reply #446 on: September 20, 2021, 02:48:40 PM »
Having your max HP restored via recovering from poison should also restore your current HP by that same amount.

By the same token, effects that increase your max HP/stun/stamina should do the same. Makes little sense why you would wait to catch your breath immediately after suping up with magick/spice

creeper386

« Reply #447 on: September 20, 2021, 03:07:16 PM »
Change the taste command for brewing items to something else.
21sters Unite!

Pariah

« Reply #448 on: September 20, 2021, 03:13:10 PM »
Change the taste command for brewing items to something else.

Agreed, can’t tell you how many times I’ve eaten fleshy blossoms…

X-D

« Reply #449 on: Today at 03:25:41 PM »
Can we get a mercy toggle that is mercy on UNLESS they flee?

As in, Your intent is to not kill, but you do not want them to get away either. And would rather them morted, or worse then to get away.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job