Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 24246 times)

oggotale

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #400 on: August 11, 2021, 12:16:20 AM »
Weather info in prompt? Reminds me of that mean girls character who can tell when it is currently raining. Weather (direction) is the more useful tool already in game imo.

I'm fine with more prompt options of course.

I have a request I have wanted a long time, an ldesc clearing option which will restore ldesc to default ldesc for whatever you are currently doing.

If you're indoors the weather prompt would give you the default output as "you can't feel the weather from in here"

Pretty sure your char can immediately tell when it's raining outdoors when it's raining and they're outdoors haha.

Inks

« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2021, 02:28:06 AM »
I had no idea about change ldesc none. Cheers m8.
Quote from: Is Friday
Quote from: Synthesis
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?
Tell me more about your Golden Standard of HG Mudsex RP

creeper386

« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2021, 04:40:39 PM »
I'd love for watch to actually be useful. Like if I'm watching a certain directly when moving. I'd like to see the look prompt of osmething is that direction.

watch south
e
Room Desc Stuff

Watching south you see
[Near]
Scary &**$&$^ Mek

21sters Unite!

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2021, 05:26:20 PM »
I'd love for watch to actually be useful. Like if I'm watching a certain directly when moving. I'd like to see the look prompt of osmething is that direction.

This would be a great QOL feature for everybody doing the typical Byn y'all-watch-directions routine.

Code: [Select]
> say (belching ferociously) Sarge, I got eyes south.
> watch south
You follow the war-torn, muscular man and ride east.
Moar Desert [NSEW]
 It's sandy af guys.
Far to the south, you see: A barb-tailed spidermite bustles along here.

Now you can talk, emote, etc as you go rather than spamming "look south" on every move.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Patuk

« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2021, 05:40:00 PM »
Make corpses lifted from the pile decay slightly slower, please. Enterprising people from a certain poor man's district might be able to make some cash then.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

X-D

« Reply #405 on: August 13, 2021, 06:50:17 PM »
I would love to see more regional tamable animals in the game.

Something that looks like an oversight when kanks were removed, You used to be able to find kanks in the red desert, Sunbacks elsewhere in the south and erdlu (ridable ones) In a few other areas.

Now, there is like 1 inix in a certain area then pretty much every other tamable inix and one other animal are all in another area.

I was just looking at class help files and there are several that say "May eventually tame mounts" Hey thats great, oh wait, pretty much are no mounts to tame.

Oh, and a few ox, but they do not count, ox are horrible.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 06:54:52 PM by X-D »
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #406 on: August 13, 2021, 07:11:57 PM »
I would love to see more regional tamable animals in the game.

Something that looks like an oversight when kanks were removed, You used to be able to find kanks in the red desert, Sunbacks elsewhere in the south and erdlu (ridable ones) In a few other areas.

Now, there is like 1 inix in a certain area then pretty much every other tamable inix and one other animal are all in another area.

I was just looking at class help files and there are several that say "May eventually tame mounts" Hey thats great, oh wait, pretty much are no mounts to tame.

Oh, and a few ox, but they do not count, ox are horrible.
I agree with this 100 percent. Well, there's Aurochs too, but they are ... uhm ... not something you commonly wander across. But yeah, more tamable beasts. And versions of those, too. Rather than just the inix, the black inix and the grey inix and the pale inix and ... actually, there's a beast thematically perfect for the south.

Turn the drov beetle tamable.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

LindseyBalboa

« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2021, 07:53:59 PM »
Make corpses lifted from the pile decay slightly slower, please. Enterprising people from a certain poor man's district might be able to make some cash then.

Make all PC corpses last a while longer. Stumbling across a corpse is always good for an RP hook. Besides, it's dry as hell, they're going to last a bit.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

Lotion

« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2021, 03:34:06 PM »
Analyze showing if an item is craftable and what skill even if you don't have that skill but no more information aside from that for those who lack the skill required to make the item would be nice
A staff member sends:
     "Hi, we don't need you to tell us EXACTLY what you are doing when you quit OOC.  We just need a vague reason.  Thanks."

Maso

« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2021, 06:28:16 AM »
"remove all" for outfit changes..
emote pees into your eyes deeply

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Inks

« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2021, 07:48:12 AM »
"remove all" for outfit changes..

Funny way to say mudsex.  ;)

‐------

My idea: Much like location worn listing as recently implemented, allow list filtering in stores by weapon type (bludgeoning, slashing etc).

Example: List (merchant) slashing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 07:53:05 AM by Inks »
I hate to break it to you noobs, but penetration isn't the only way to achieve orgasm.Do I have to fucking explain everything here?

creeper386

« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »
My idea: Much like location worn listing as recently implemented, allow list filtering in stores by weapon type (bludgeoning, slashing etc).

Example: List (merchant) slashing.

I second this, a month ago.
21sters Unite!

Gentleboy

« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2021, 07:12:25 PM »
So, you're foraging so good. So good that your hands are full.

Instead of just saying "ur hands are full" can the items just drop to the floor instead?

KittenLicks

« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2021, 12:18:37 AM »

Instead of just saying "ur hands are full" can the items just drop to the floor instead?

Alternatively, and possibly less effort, have the "ur hands are full" come before the foraging attempt instead of after you find something. It is a little weird how that works right now.
Quote from: How to Roleplay Tribals
Instead of being like hnnm I grew up on da STREETS I'm RAT and STEAL, you go hnnm I grew up on la SANDS, am of RAPTOR, am SLICE

Inks

« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2021, 01:07:35 AM »
I like that idea for it to tell you whenever hands are full when it happens.

SpyGuy

« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2021, 10:43:01 PM »
Gates should close at the end of dusk not the beginning.  Give people a little extra time to get into the city for RP.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #416 on: August 24, 2021, 01:00:16 AM »
Gates should close at the end of dusk not the beginning.  Give people a little extra time to get into the city for RP.
I can't argue with that. Maybe different gates close at different times, but overall, yeah, I can't argue with that.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

GetKanked

« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2021, 12:31:50 PM »

This or the alternate idea are great.

This is also great.

Cabooze

« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2021, 05:56:59 PM »
Taken from release notes discussion:
Badass new release.

Any way this could also be used to show room changes with silt-level on the silt sea? There's a big difference in our world between low and high tides, after all.

Low-tide land bridges, please. Pick the wrong island to hang out on during high tide, you're in trouble.

oggotale

« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2021, 12:13:40 AM »

Yes plesase.

Two cities and a smaller playerbase means more need to increase interaction opportunities.

Inks

« Reply #420 on: August 26, 2021, 07:10:48 AM »
But there are people wanting to RP with you outside the gates. You are depriving them of the joy....of rping...outside the gates...with you.   ;)

oggotale

« Reply #421 on: August 26, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »
But there are people wanting to RP with you outside the gates. You are depriving them of the joy....of rping...outside the gates...with you.   ;)

Too rare to justify rn I'd say. Very uncommon chance interaction.

Inks

« Reply #422 on: August 26, 2021, 11:07:20 AM »
Having the gates open will actually mean less tavern rp, not more, if you prefer a serious answer instead of a joke which missed the mark.

Due to less people being in the tavern at the same time.

SpyGuy

« Reply #423 on: August 26, 2021, 07:32:34 PM »
Having the gates open will actually mean less tavern rp, not more, if you prefer a serious answer instead of a joke which missed the mark.

I'd disagree with that.  Luir's doesn't close its gates and when it's populated I've generally found there to be people in the tavern at nights.  The tavern RP was just an example anyways, the quality of life part for more is more that I don't see how locking down the cities for 1/3rd of the day helps anything.  Closing the gates while it's dark makes sense IC but why an hour before it gets dark?

GetKanked

« Reply #424 on: August 26, 2021, 08:05:32 PM »

This doesn't actually play out that way in the place(s) where gates stay open.