Kudos for 2021

Started by Decameron, January 01, 2021, 12:53:08 AM

I think we could all use a nice little start to 2021, especially after the wonderful ass-kicking of 2020. So, going to try to suggest we start the ole Valenkudos a little early this year and remind everyone that kudos can really help brighten someone's day. We play in a desolate world filled with assholes, but that certainly doesn't mean we have to be assholes to each other.

Because I am lazy, I will quote from a very other people:

"Everyone likes recognition and accolades, and to reminisce once in a while. And the best part is, kudos are open year round. So please, don't horde all your love for next February. Keep sending kudos as you think of them. What goes around comes around!"

"Kudos are important, they make the receiver feel warm, fuzzy, and appreciated, which is especially important when you appreciate them. I know of AT LEAST one recent player who had decided to quit, but changed his mind after receiving kudos from another player after a string of intense scenes."

I am typically terrible at sending kudos, I always wait until someone dies or forget - so I am going to try to send at least 5-10 kudos myself over the next week or so. If I can do it, so can you, and I hope you will. Make someone's day and tell them why they're doing an awesome job. Happy 2021.

I will try to get in on this - Kudos feel great to get, and they can absolutely have you gassed up to get back on the ball. And there's a lot of people who deserve them, so I think this is a great call.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

January 01, 2021, 03:37:54 PM #2 Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 08:29:22 AM by Barsook
Er, wrong thread. I can read.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I too usually save these for after death or when there's something big that happens. But I agree it's important to remind those players that enrich your day to day experience how awesome they are.

Quote from: Decameron on January 01, 2021, 12:53:08 AM
I think we could all use a nice little start to 2021, especially after the wonderful ass-kicking of 2020. So, going to try to suggest we start the ole Valenkudos a little early this year and remind everyone that kudos can really help brighten someone's day. We play in a desolate world filled with assholes, but that certainly doesn't mean we have to be assholes to each other.

Excellent suggestion.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'