Armor Repair

Started by Harrowhark, December 26, 2020, 08:11:56 PM

Halp.
Ride all around the game and gather 'used' armor from various markets but starting armor repair skill is so low that trying to repair any of these used armors gives the 'It is as good as you can make it.' message.
Characters are unable to intentionally damage armor to make it bad enough to repair.  Like you can't just stab the armor that you're holding so it won't be 'as good as you can make it.'
It is silly.

It's a common annoying issue. There are tools out there that increase your armor repair high enough to become able to repair more objects.

I always considered it one of those littlle 'hurdles' that you need a mentor, or industrial espionage to get past.

Quote from: Dar on December 27, 2020, 03:22:26 PM
It's a common annoying issue. There are tools out there that increase your armor repair high enough to become able to repair more objects.

I always considered it one of those littlle 'hurdles' that you need a mentor, or industrial espionage to get past.

I have yet to find a tool that says it specifically helps armor repair, so if they exist they seem to be less common than I would think.

However, in the past, armor repair has worked well with gith equipment usually. "Cracked" and "dented" status are usually low enough to work with. I've even tried to repair a gith helmet, with another helmet, with "repair cracked cracked". :)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Riev has nailed the sekrit to grinding this skill at the very end of his post.
Good luck in your tattered armor adventure!
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2